Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Hey, since i was about 11 ive had this problem, im now 18. i hate it, i go to the gym and swimming sucks, and changing. i tend to cover them up with a towel, and allways do if i get out the bath at home, i cant bare to look at them in the mirror or look down on them. I'm just scared mine get bigger. im considering surgery, but still unsure. Hate wearing just a t-shirt or tight jumper because of these stupid man-boobs. I'm 5"8 32" waist and just under 11 stone. I was allways a chubby guy through out my teens. and now i wouldnt say im fat, but i still have them. Gym doesnt help much, they dont seem any smaller. I'm allways complaining about them to my parents and friends, lol. Oh well...

Hey G4z,

I can completely sympathize with you, espcially at your age. Mine starteed developing when I was 9 years old and just got bigger. Embarrssement was more of the norm than empathy. I was teased a lot and was constantly mortified. I am now 34 and still get stares when I swim or when I am showering at the gym.

You do what is best for you. If you are uncomfortable with them and feel that surgery is an alternative, I encourage you to check into it. On the flip side, I also encourage you to surround yourself with appreciate and embrace who you are. No one can change that or dilute it.

Best of luck in your decisions.....

Brett

Mr._dB

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My chest size now is between a 40-42, waist is a 32 and my boobs are probably a good B cup. They are huge and there is nothing I can do about it. My philosophy... live with it, accept it. Hell, they are part of me - why change me to make others happy? ;)

Of course there's something you can do about it. They have surgery for these things.

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
I've had a little case of gynecomastia, nothing too serious, started when I was about 13 with just a small hard lump under my (left) nipple, hurt when it was pressured, knew a lot of guys who had the same thing, difference is mine got larger, theirs went away!

They first appeared when i put on weight as young teenager, but didnt go as I lost that wieght,grew some more, saw a doctor and he put me on some medication just to reduce estrogen(edit, checked my notes: actually prolactin which is responsible for breast milk :confused:) or whatever, nothing serious, I dont really have a bad enough case to warrant surgery (but Im told its an option for me at anytime)

Luckily for me, I have a natrually well shaped/toned body, fairly slim also, so i can pretty mush get away with it, clothed or not, which it important for me as I'm pretty self-conscious, you wont catch me jogging around shirtless though!!:tongue: When my nipples are hard, hell they look like half-assed pecs lol

Im under no illusions though, nody really wont stop growing until early tewnties, if I still have them by then its chopping time!

Greekdick69

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

Ok I really need to start working out now. I thought my chest was sagging just because I got fat and did not exercise, but after looking at these pics I don't know if I have a case of gynecomastia.

Very good opinions here, especially the "heads up" on breast cancer and the side effects of scarring for those considering surgery. (I will consider it if these doesn't get fixed with exercise) which will prove it wasn't a gynecomastia case, just a lazy ass case.:biggrin1:

FYI as you get into puberty, little ball like things will form under your nipples, but that is only as you go through puberty, they should go away, if they don't then there is a problem. I went to the doctor for this when I was like 13....at least that's what he explained. They did go away.

Rick

Nelly Gay

Experimental Member
Media
Of course there's something you can do about it. They have surgery for these things.

A subcutaneous mastectomy .
The cost is around $10,000 and a good surgeon is a necessity.
There can be scarring around the nipples but ,if you are hairy, that will not be too evident. The surgeon can also operate around the nipple so any scarring is hidden in the auroloe (sic).
There should be no loss of sensitivity .
Smaller breasts can be treated with liposuction ...

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
There was a good article about male boobs in Details magazine a few years ago. The article was along the lines of what YourAvgGuy says. They are a normal part of some males and it is for other people to get used to them.

This reminds me of the debate over intersexuals - people who are neither entirely male or female. It's not as uncommon as you would think. There are several different kinds of hermaphrodism, including one called chimerism in which some cells in the individual's body have the XY chromosomes of the male and some cells have the XX chromosomes of the female.

There's really nothing to be done about it. It is for society to get used to.

Reactions: nellon399

BlondeGuyJonah

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It seems that you are comfortable with who you are as a person, and who you are as a male. I think masculinity comes down to being comfortable and confident with who you are as a male and how you treat others. I honestly think that you are more of a man than many people will ever be, because you have enough gumption to get on with your life regardless of what people have said. I myself have quite sensetive nipples and am just wondering how sensetive yours are? Also are you able to produce breast milk as well? I've heard of cases where men are able to produce breast milk when their wife of girlfriend has given birth, some kind of sympathetic reaction I guess, but I don't know if every male has the potential to do so. I guess I find the whole idea to be interesting as it is just another variation on the wide spectrum of human gender and sexuality.

YourAvgGuy

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response

As I mentioned in earlier post, this is not a complete option for everyone. For me, I have dealt with my chest and have learned to appreciate it and get use to it. Granted, some men would find that exceptionally had to do, especially if their chest (breast) were as defined, rounded, etc. as mine. Sensitivity to one's person and respect for individuality is crucial. Surgery is NOT an option for me. Period. And to throw the wrench in it further... what about those individuals who cannot afford surgery. As mentioned by Nelly Gay, the cost for surgery is comestic and averages between $10-17,000. No chump change, my friend, for most.

dxjnorto - Amen to your post. I think society needs to get over their simplistic and egotisitical mindset and learn to embrace uniqueness and differences. It is something that we must accept and either society can accept it or they can bitch and pout about it... Truth is, it will never go away.

BlondeguyJonah - yes, I do have sensitive nipples as well as my breast tissue. Like most women, there are certain times were they are generally sore in the month. Sometimes they swell; later, the swelling subsides. I have had a discharge from my nipples, but I do not have children. The doctors did say that I could have possibly went through what you described (my sister-in-law was pregnant twice when these occurrences happened - and yes, I am very close to her) during the birth of my niece and nephew.

I had posted pics earlier regarding this situation of myself - per the request of members here. Again, I have had a few PMs asking for more information, etc. Once again, I have posted pics of my chest to give an example of how different the variations can be.

Good|Bad

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Like get a Bowflex and have how much money left over?

Pretty sure the muscle builds UNDER the fat, and the fat doesn't turn into muscle. I'm down to 200 from 260 and still have boobs. Now I feel even shittier -- flat(ter) stomach and massive tits -- high five.

YourAvgGuy

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Like get a Bowflex and have how much money left over?

I did not respond to this thread earlier because I thought it had died... alas...

If it were that simple trust me... I would be doing it. I go to the gym 5 to 6 times a week... I do cardio and weight training and I have a trainer. My "boobs" is simply not an issue of "fat," but rather breast tissue. It is much more complicated than what you make it. I wish it were a matter of lifting and toning... they would have never developed. I have a 40 inch chest, a 31.5 waist. I don't think "fat" is an issue, really....

Good/Bad, congratulation on your weight loss. I wish you well on your endeavors and I hope that you will achieve your goals. Hopefully your confidence about your body image will improve over time as well. I am certain you look great! Keep up the excellent work!!!!

kurios

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
For thirty years I suffered the see boobs in golf shirts...look for whatever hid them...told they werent really that bad (yes they were) and hid anytime shirts were normally off.
Went to see a plastic surgeon way back and he said just lose weight. It would be difficult to do much without leaving a more noticeable scar.
Years later and still fixated with the damn things I found a plastic surgeon that said easily fixed except at your age the skin may not shrink back as well as we might hope and also there is sun damage but lets do it.
I had to wear a corset thing after surgery for 6 long weeks and often wondered if it was worth the hastle.
Yes it was and it should have been done years ago. No amount of gym would have fixed it. Now they arent perfect but you dont see them in a tight t-shirt and I will go around without a shirt.

Wish I had insisted on doing something years ago!!!!!!

MattBoyMA

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I have to say that I find man boobs sexy. Since I'm Bi by nature, but not in a position to act upon it with women much, I dig grabbing a big ol' man breast and sucking on it. Okay, I'm also very guilty of telling him how good his "pussy" feels if I'm fucking him - and I'm not talking about fem/trans stuff.

It trips me out in a hot, freaky way that a penis is just an enourmous clit. Hell, this website is dedicated to the most mosterous of man clits.

I have a bit of breast development on the left side. It's kind of sexy. It looks like a young, developing breast, with a slight curve, but no sag.

I'm reminded of the Steve Martin comment from "LA Story" that if he had breasts, he's stay at home and play with them all day!

This subject leads to the important subject of breast cancer in men. Breast cancer in men, though rare, is actually more likely to be fatal, because it is often detected much too late. Men aren't trained to "Know their nipples" like women are.

But while we are on the subject of female attributes in men, I've got a question about Adam's apples. I don't have one. Does anyone know if this is truly unusual for a man to not have an Adam's apple? Thanks.

Kind of off-topic, but responding to the last part here - I don't really have an Adam's apple, either. For some of us guys, they're just not very pronounced. (I suppose we should be doing drag or something....)

enderwiggen88

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Wow. What a thread to raise from the dead!

I had a problem with this until I was 15 when I had surgery for it. To get an idea of how extreme my case was, click the link on page one, scroll to the bottom. I was way worse than Jim, and more developed than 'bob.' My doctor read the studies to me in his office. 40% of men have some sort of Gynecomastia (the actual term for this condition). Of the 40%, less than half ever go to a doctor about it. Of that percentage, my specific condition was in the 99th percentile. Middle school and high school were hell because of it.

Anyway. He gave it the classification of being a disability (my arm motion was restricted), and it was also potentially malignant. He was worried that it was becoming cancerous. So he just did a complete mastectomy, excess skin removal, nipple graft, and then sculpted the top part of my torso with lyposuction. Insurance refused to pay because they considered it "cosmetic" even though they were removing what they thought was probably going to become cancer. So, my church stepped in and paid for it, and I am extremely grateful. They probably saved my life. My family ultimately paid the money back.

Anyway. It took years to get back to a psychologically stable place (ridicule at school was so bad that the Board of Education stepped in... and you can imagine what having boobs did to the sexuality development of a young man). My hormone levels were really crazy for a long time, and they aren't exactly normal now. That's why I won't donate blood (I have hypoglycemia too, and I think I'd probably pass out because my sugar would get so low).

Anyway. That's my story on this. It was really hard, and really painful. But it's a part of my past, and I ultimately became a very emotionally and psychologically strong person (which has helped me get through some really tough stuff).