Mama Mucci's Products Recalled

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Michigan Firm Recalls Frozen Meat and Poultry
Pasta Products Produced without Inspection

WASHINGTON, April 26, 2009 – Mucci’s Food Products, Inc., a Canton, Mich., establishment, is recalling an undetermined amount of frozen meat and poultry pasta products which are adulterated and misbranded because they were prepared without the benefit of federal inspection, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.

The following products are subject to recall: [View Labels, PDF Only]
  • 10-pound boxes of “MAMA MUCCI’S PASTA, ITALIAN SAUSAGE & BROCCOLINI RAVIOLI (EGG PASTA)”
  • 10-pound boxes of “MAMA MUCCI’S PASTA, TUSCAN CHICKEN RAVIOLI (JUMBO EGG PASTA)”
  • 10-pound boxes of “MAMA MUCCI’S PASTA, VEAL & PORCINI BACI (MAMA’S KISSES) (EGG PASTA)”
  • 10-pound boxes of “MAMA MUCCI’S PASTA, ITALIAN SAUSAGE BACI (MAMA’S KISSES) (EGG PASTA)”
  • 10-pound boxes of “MAMA MUCCI’S PASTA, BEEF JUMBO RAVIOLI (EGG PASTA)”
  • 10-pound boxes of “MAMA MUCCI’S PASTA, BEEF MEDIUM RAVIOLI (EGG PASTA)”
  • 10-pound boxes of “MAMA MUCCI’S PASTA, VEAL RAVIOLI, PRE-COOKED (EGG PASTA)”
  • 10-pound boxes of “MAMA MUCCI’S PASTA, PAPA JOE’S (PRE-COOKED) RAVIOLI”
  • 3-ounce/6.75-pound boxes of “MAMA MUCCI’S PASTA, ROASTED CHICKEN CANNELLONI, MADE WITH BREAST MEAT”
  • 10-pound boxes of “MAMA MUCCI’S PASTA, PROSCIUTTO & GRANA PADANA PARMESAN BACI (MAMA’S KISSES)”
  • 10-pound boxes of “MAMA MUCCI’S PASTA, MILESTONES SAUSAGE RAVIOLI”

The frozen meat and poultry pasta products were produced from May 1, 2008, through April 24, 2009. Each product bears the establishment number “19177” or “P-19177” inside the USDA mark of inspection as well as the Julian Dates of “1218” to “1149” located at the bottom of the box. The frozen meat and poultry pasta products were distributed to restaurants in Southeast Michigan, and to brokers and distributors in California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Michigan, Missouri, and Ohio.
Okay, now we are hitting a little too close to home. :mad: I can live without peanut butter and pistachios; but you start messing with Italian foods and we have a problem. :angryfire2:

Last edited:

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This is such a waste, no evidence any of it could cause harm. Besides it is frozen and has to be cooked so how could it be harmful unless you open a bag and find a rat in it. REALLY, now isn't the economy bad enough with food hitlers killing the industry as well. All the fucking tomatoes that rotted on the vine for nothing and they find out later it wasn't even the tomatoes it was the peppers. This should be done at the discression of the consumer. What exactly is adulterated food, would that be the apple pie in the movie american pie.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's just the government coming down hard on a little mail order pasta business that probably didn't know that they needed a meat inspection for their meat filled pastas... there is absolutely NO fucking news to this story and NOBODY got sick.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
It's just the government coming down hard on a little mail order pasta business that probably didn't know that they needed a meat inspection for their meat filled pastas... there is absolutely NO fucking news to this story and NOBODY got sick.
Doesn't sound like a little mail order business. 10lb boxes? They supply restaurants. So I'm sure they would know the products had to be inspected. If not, then they are dumbasses. The regulations are in place to protect the public and companies in the business know the regulations.

If "the food hitlers" and other health and safety inspectors don't their jobs, then you'll have a Chinese situation on your hands.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Doesn't sound like a little mail order business. 10lb boxes? They supply restaurants. So I'm sure they would know the products had to be inspected. If not, then they are dumbasses. The regulations are in place to protect the public and companies in the business know the regulations.

If "the food hitlers" and other health and safety inspectors don't their jobs, then you'll have a Chinese situation on your hands.

They supply restaurants the same way that SAM'S CLUB supplies catering companies. I have no idea what a 10 pound box of meat filled ravioli looks like, so if you say that it is a big ol' box, then I'll run with that. I just visited the website and it looked fairly amateur. Google doesn't have many entries, and I've never heard about them, so I just assumed that they are a little company, which they are.

No disagreement here on health and safety inspections in avoiding the Chinese model Vince. :smile:

I just don't know why this is news to anyone but those few people that purchased and consumed the food. Why did NJ feel the need to drag Mama Mucci's name in the dirt? Nobody got sick.