Man dies saving the lives of two kids. Now his wife of 3-weeks is being deported

findfirefox

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
cbs13.com - Woman Fights Deportation After Her Husband's Death
CBS13.com said:
(CBS13) SACRAMENTO A woman’s husband died heroically trying to save two children from drowning. Now, that woman is facing deportation. But she won’t be going without a fight.

Jaqueline Coats can't help but smile when talking about her late husband Marlin. He was from San Francisco, she’s from Kenya. She came to this country on a student visa. When school was over, immigration was moving in to send her home, but marriage would make her a permanent resident.

In April 2006, the two married. Just three weeks later, the couple was at Ocean Beach when they saw two boys in the water in need of help.

“When we heard the boys screaming, everybody was staring. Nobody knew what to do, and he just ran into the water,” says Jaqueline.

Coats was able to save the boys, but he was pulled under and drowned. Now his widow is not only dealing with her husband's death, but uncertainty of her own future in the United States. She's no longer eligible for permanent residency and faces deportation, yet again.

“I feel it is not right. If Marlin were here, this would not have happened, and he gave his life,” she says.

Senator Dianne Feinstein has also stepped in and says the U.S. should reward coats by granting his wife citizenship. Meanwhile coats waits on word that her life, which has already changed so much, isn't uprooted once again.

Don't be a hero folks.

arliss

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
this woman came here to these United States on a student visa and when it expired she married to prevent deportation...now her husband died in an act of heroism..and she should be awarded citizenship....? hmmmmm...so if this applies to her then it should apply to everyone...come here and perform an act of heroism and you will be granted citizenship...and if they have spouses the spouse will also become a citizen by way of marriage .you will open up the doors to the unskilled and uneducated to come here and perform what they feel are acts of heroism ....and they will be granted citizenship along with their spouses and they will get on the public dole .....at what point will it stop...waves of illegals now made citizens...I think ms Coats can benfit her country more than she can the people of her adopted state here.. she should go back and put her education to work for her people ..they need her....:biggrin1: :biggrin1: has she offered what is so terribly wrong with Kenya that she fears going back.....I keep hearing how terrible it is that she is being forced back to Kenya...(?) Kenya is her home... it is where she grew up and has roots..this is where her extended family resides..her supportive family network is there...she will be just fine in Kenya..

B_All4show

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
this woman came here to these United States on a student visa and when it expired she married to prevent deportation...now her husband died in an act of heroism..and she should be awarded citizenship....? hmmmmm...so if this applies to her then it should apply to everyone...come here and perform an act of heroism and you will be granted citizenship.....you will open up the doors to the unskilled and uneducated to come here and perform what they feel are acts of heroism ....and they will be granted citizenship and they will get on the public dole .....at what point will it stop...waves of illegals now made citizens...I think ms Coats can benfit her country more than she can the people of her adopted state here.. she should go back and put her education to work for her people ..they need her....:biggrin1: :biggrin1: has she offered what is so terribly wrong with Kenya that she fears going back.....I keep hearing how terrible it is that she is being forced back to Kenya...(?) Kenya is her home... it is where she grew up and has roots..this is where her extended family resides..her supportive family network is there...she will be just fine in Kenya..

I think an illigeal can join the army and become citizen.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think an illigeal can join the army and become citizen.
I don't think "Illegals" are allowed but legal "aliens" who join the military do get a faster path to citizenship. Approx. 3 years if I remember right. If the person is KIA then citizenship is awarded posthumously. There have been some of those in the Iraq war.

The story in the O/P reminds me of a saying I've heard many times: no good deed goes unpunished.