Man dies saving the lives of two kids. Now his wife of 3-weeks is being deported

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by findfirefox, Aug 29, 2007.

1. findfirefox

Gold Member

cbs13.com - Woman Fights Deportation After Her Husband's Death
    Don't be a hero folks.

2. D_Humper E Bogart

D_Humper E Bogart New Member

Damn, straight!

3. nu8deep20

nu8deep20 New Member

Albums:
    i dont think i could just stand by and watch a cpl kids die without trying to help out some how and the comments sound really chickin shit

4. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

That is sad that she has to be deported, especially after her saved to random kids. That just shows you how much of a death of a hero is.

5. arliss

Gold Member

Albums:
    this woman came here to these United States on a student visa and when it expired she married to prevent deportation...now her husband died in an act of heroism..and she should be awarded citizenship....? hmmmmm...so if this applies to her then it should apply to everyone...come here and perform an act of heroism and you will be granted citizenship...and if they have spouses the spouse will also become a citizen by way of marriage .you will open up the doors to the unskilled and uneducated to come here and perform what they feel are acts of heroism ....and they will be granted citizenship along with their spouses and they will get on the public dole .....at what point will it stop...waves of illegals now made citizens...I think ms Coats can benfit her country more than she can the people of her adopted state here.. she should go back and put her education to work for her people ..they need her....:biggrin1: :biggrin1: has she offered what is so terribly wrong with Kenya that she fears going back.....I keep hearing how terrible it is that she is being forced back to Kenya...(?) Kenya is her home... it is where she grew up and has roots..this is where her extended family resides..her supportive family network is there...she will be just fine in Kenya..

6. B_All4show

B_All4show New Member

I think an illigeal can join the army and become citizen.

7. SteveHd

Gold Member

I don't think "Illegals" are allowed but legal "aliens" who join the military do get a faster path to citizenship. Approx. 3 years if I remember right. If the person is KIA then citizenship is awarded posthumously. There have been some of those in the Iraq war.

The story in the O/P reminds me of a saying I've heard many times: no good deed goes unpunished.

Draft saved Draft deleted