Man i hate being small!

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The thing that can bring me undone is not being in the right mental state to eat right and looking after myself.

I need something or someone positive to stay happy, going away with my work mates reminded me that I have a life and that it does not belong to someone else.

Just talking to the right girl on line has perked me up and given me the direction to work on my physical and mental fitness, just need to actually meet her in person now to have made it all worthwhile:biggrin1:.

I totally agree with this. If you can get yourself to a good place mentally, other things will fall into place more easily. If you can't get the psychological stuff sorted, your chances of staying (or becoming) physically healthy are slim.

native_kid2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hey everyone thanks again for the great advice...I actually don't eat a lot anymore...I don't like breakfast so I don't eat breakfast a lot of the times...and I know thats a bad thing...im living on an EMT salary and so I really can't afford fruits and veggies because where I live they are expensive...and like I said before we also don't have gyms to go work out in...yea I live in a town less than 2000 people lol

dirkjesje

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hey everyone thanks again for the great advice...I actually don't eat a lot anymore...I don't like breakfast so I don't eat breakfast a lot of the times...and I know thats a bad thing...im living on an EMT salary and so I really can't afford fruits and veggies because where I live they are expensive...and like I said before we also don't have gyms to go work out in...yea I live in a town less than 2000 people lol
That are excuses, for not to start.
I gave you allready some advice - small steps, with hardly no effort.

1. Take a small breakfast, whatever... a slice of toasted bread, yoghurt...
2. Cut out sugar.
3. No soft drinks, less alcohol.
4. Fruits and veggies cost less than meat. Even frozen veggies, or canned veggies can be applied.
5. Do not think that you don't eat a lot anymore - write it down - also the snacks.
6. You do not need a gym - a good walk to the store to buy you some healthy food will burn also calories.
7. Healthy food doesn t cost more, you have only to learn to cook.
8. Stop making excuses - the way to hell is paved with good intentions... and with an excuse you are even faster there.

Last edited:

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

It is possible to lose weight eating high calorie foods and doing no exercise. You just have to eat less calories than you use. And you don't need a gym to do exercise.

But you need to actually want to lose weight.

native_kid2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Im not making excuses...im telling the truth...yes you make good points dirk...BUT EMTs don't make a he'll of a lot of money...I still have bills and that takes a lot of my money...so don't be telling me im making excuses because im not!!

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Im not making excuses...im telling the truth...yes you make good points dirk...BUT EMTs don't make a he'll of a lot of money...I still have bills and that takes a lot of my money...so don't be telling me im making excuses because im not!!

Whatever you are eating now, you can lose weight eating the same foods, but less of them. 'Lack of money' IS making excuses.

bigo4show

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
15 years ago I was in the same boat being nearly 200lbs and I'm only 5'4. I decided to make a lifestyle change and started working out and going to gym on a regular basis. In six months I lost nearly 40lbs and kept it off ever since. I hit the gym in the morning six days a week and do high impact aerobics when I get home from work six days a week with Sundays my only off day. When I started my body fat was nearly 30% and as of last week I registered at 5%. So if I can do it,anyone can. Hope to hear in a couple of months that you started a new routine for yourself. Good Luck!

dirkjesje

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
15 years ago I was in the same boat being nearly 200lbs and I'm only 5'4. I decided to make a lifestyle change and started working out and going to gym on a regular basis. In six months I lost nearly 40lbs and kept it off ever since. I hit the gym in the morning six days a week and do high impact aerobics when I get home from work six days a week with Sundays my only off day. When I started my body fat was nearly 30% and as of last week I registered at 5%. So if I can do it,anyone can. Hope to hear in a couple of months that you started a new routine for yourself. Good Luck!
Offtopic :
How did you registered that 5%?
I'm 186/187 ( 6'1"/6'2"?) for 80/82.5kg (160/165lbs?) and my fat %fluctuates between 10 a 12%.

Ontopic :
You won t gain weight from air or staying on that weight.
If you don t burn the calories that you eat, you gain weight.
So you can :
1. Cutting down the calories you take daily.
2. Burning more calories - with the same amount of food in calory.
3. Point 1 and 2 - what most people do for loosing weight.

bigo4show

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Mine usually fluctuates around 7 to 8%. But when I'm doing competitions it is generally around 5 to 6%. The most important thing is the diet. It can make or break you.

bigo4show

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I usually walk around between 7-8% body fat. But when I'm doing competitions I generally get down to 5-6%. I'm a workaholic with doing 90 min of weight training and 45 min of cardio in the morning before I work. And then another hr of high impact aerobics (Insanity DVD right now) after work. I workout 6 days a week with Sundays my only day off. Plus I follow a very strict diet year round except for the holidays.

B_Bjen2848

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

no, we are telling the truth, you ARE making excuses ... healthy food does not cost more than unhealthy food who said that? learn how to cook and buy potatos instead of french friends, fruit and water instead of juice and soda, lean meats instead of fatty entres ... its very simple, the money you use for food, instead of buying mcdonalds and shitty food, go to the supermarket, read the labels and get food with actual nutitrional value .. and you dont need an expensive gym membership to get inshape (run, jump, pushups, crunches, pull ups) and if healthy food really were that expensive, which costs more, the extra quarter you spend on whole grain bread instead of white bread? or the massive heart attack that leaves you on countless medications by the time your 50?

why complain about a problem you "want" to change, yet you're not willing to put in the effort it takes to do it? its obvious you dont mind being your size and not having a mate

Wrat

Expert Member
Media
As mentioned above, in the middle, between the eas
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It is very, very difficult to change the way you eat when your lifestyle has dictated your eating habits for most of your life. Most people who are big from childhood don't ever lose weight or change their eating habits, regardless of what they do or try to do. Eating habits are like any other habit in that they may be with you for life even if you change everything else about you. Junkies, for example, that have been in prison for 10 years without access to narcotics sometimes start taking drugs agains just days after being released from prison, and it's not a chemical residue in their bloodstream that makes them do it, it's all in their head! Just be glad that it works for some people, and try to be one of them.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You have various choices and need to find out what suits you. Reading between the lines I would say that your own feelings about your weight probably affect your self esteem and the way you feel about yourself will affect how attractive your are to others more than your weight and looks do.

You can

Eat less

Eat the same and exercise more

Do both

Change what you eat by eating much more fruit and veg. You don't need to feel hungry.

Don't look upon it as a temporary change to lose weight otherwise you will revert back once you have lost the weight and will put it all back on. Whatever you do will need to be a permanent change so do your research and decide what is going to suit you best.

Cutting out bad carbs really worked for me. Have a look here and see if you think it might work for you.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do. If you embrace change fully and start to lose weight you will find it easier and easier as you'll be inspired to keep going.

Once you decide what you are going to do why not start a thread on here as a sort of diary and progress measure and I'm sure folks will be supportive and encouraging which will also help.

Miscer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A statement is not inoffensive just because you say 'No offense'.

gimme a break. most of these people are weak willed and need a stern kick up the ass. they'll put in the effort to bitch and moan but that's as far as it goes - as for discipline, exercise, self-restraint, hell naaww, they're too busy eating for that nom nom nommn nommm.

paleo diet - look it up. follow it for a month. rejoice as the pounds melt off.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
gimme a break. most of these people are weak willed and need a stern kick up the ass. they'll put in the effort to bitch and moan but that's as far as it goes - as for discipline, exercise, self-restraint, hell naaww, they're too busy eating for that nom nom nommn nommm.

paleo diet - look it up. follow it for a month. rejoice as the pounds melt off.

I agree that sometimes a kick up the ass is needed, but you can be supportive whilst still helping someone face the truth.

And my comment was aimed more at the fact that you tried to cover your ass with a 'No offense'. Saying 'no offense' does not magically change the nature of what you said. It was still offensive.

MrMXYZPTLK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Here is a piece if great advice that I know works. Drink 1 large glass of water before each meal you eat. The water has to fat or calories but it takes up space. So the space the water takes up, will be that much less food you will be able to eat.

It is only a tiny step, but it is a step in the right direction.