Man Spreading

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Tell them to mind their own business. Human males have a narrow hip girdle which causes their legs to spread naturally. Add male genitalia and big thighs and the spread will, well, spread. It's basic body mechanics.

Human females have legs further apart from a wider hip girdle to accommodate childbirth which makes it easier to keep legs together, cross them and even hook foot behind calf--a trick few men can do. It's basic body mechanics.

Just as I would never shame a large or overweight person for taking up too much space no one should ever shame a man for the natural spread of his legs. Unnatural spreads are another story.:cool:

Ah... yet another sexual dimorphism in our species...:)

Sagittarius84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've seen extreme examples of manspreading practiced out in public, so Im not going to completely downplay it as an issue.
But I'm not sitting with my legs closed for two reasons, the first being im somewhat slender in build and if i dont angle my legs out somewhat, within 2mins of sitting my ass bone feels like its cutting through my skin with no muscle in the way. Within 6 mins whatever nerve is getting pinched guarantees my legs or feet will fall asleep. Secondly a normal spread for men is shoulder width, maybe an inch or two on either side...if space is really at a premium, closed legs or not, we're going to be touching shoulders and/arms, if not butts and hips so im not about to negatively affect my health because of paranoia legs might touch.

Sagittarius84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Also ironically, probably due to some self awareness i practice due to my male privilege, in public places I often make an effort to pay attention if such a wide seated stance(or a purse next to them in the case of women) is an indication of uncomfortability with such close proximity to others in a public space and I make an effort to respect that even if it means my own temporary discomfort for a time by standing instead of sitting.

Canbe

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I read once that men sit that way deliberately because they want others to look at them. Also in body language sites its stated that men sit like that like that so they can get the attention of their love interest because people find that sitting with their legs open very arousing and attractive. However I dont think that's the case. I think its really uncomfortable for any man to sit with his legs legs closed and others should respect that and not try to make the feel as if they're doing something wrong.

HOU_HEADHUNTER

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think it's natural for men to have a little bit of man spread but I do think some men overdo it. We are naturally going to sit in a way that would allow our testicles being constricted. I personally don't have an issue with guys taking as much room as they feel necessary if there is allowable space for them to do so and it doesn't infringe on another person's space or ability to sit. However if we are in tight quarters such as public transportation and people need to sit then I think the courteous thing to do is make that spread smaller for other to be able to have a seat.

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
NYC subways can be an interesting place during rush hour commute times. If a man or woman was sitting and intentionally taking up 2 spaces. I am not talking persons of plus size; but people who just like to sit comfortable, like in their living rooms. These people may get a few dirty stare; or worse, words leading to an altercation .

Nothing like a packed subway car altercation, for something as silly as my balls need room.

PS: I have seen people throw other peoples bags on the floor, and yes fights because they were taking up an extra seat; and the owner refused to move them

Acratopotes

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It rather depends on the situation. if I was on a crowded subway train or bus then I am quite happy to minimise the space I take up for the comfort of other people but I would do that without needing to be asked.

If someone has read some sexual intent into the way I sit, which I am not intending to communicate, and allowed themselves to be offended, or sees the way I sit as male privilege and finds offence from that then tough.

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
The misandrists pushing this complaint just want men to feel ball crushing pain.

Most men are polite enough to close their legs if space is lacking but our default comfortable position is knees well apart.
Anti-social cunts are the only ones who think that taking up other peoples' space is cool and do not represent the majority.
When two men sit next to each other, it is usually tolerated for knees to touch - there is a mutual understanding that forcing legs closed will result in pain.

The intolerant women complaining about this should learn to be more understanding.

Lance V

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I'm looking at my knees in the office chair now. They're about a foot and a half apart. That seems natural in this position.

Unwritten public transportation rules are pretty simple: don't put your briefcase or bag on the empty seat beside you if the car is full. Get comfortable if you have the room, but make room for more if necessary.

I'm not as endowed as some on board here, but I've never had a problem with crossing my legs or keeping my knees close together. No, it's not very comfortable for a long period of time, but neither is standing up holding on to the strap.

wewlad202

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Springfield, Missouri, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
There is a difference between taking up multiple bus or metro seats and siting so your balls aren't crushed. To call it man spreading is dumb, its just being a jerk in public. Anyone can be an asshole and take up two seats if they want, not just guys.

Reactions: Lasher86

spaj8987

Legendary Member
Media
Yeah, manspreading is a very specific very obvious think to do. And literally has nothing to do with one's balls unless of course they have serious issues with said balls. Maybe one is missing. Maybe they've just been through surgery so they can have more unprotected sex. Maybe they've masturbated to the oldies. So on.

I'm a 253 pound dark skinned black man who never had to and never has manspread. The only time i've even come close is from an injury that made it so i couldn't sit normally. And the only other times i couldn't sit normally is when i was hiding a hardon.

As far as i can tell, by the examples given and the examples i just checked out online, manspreading is men's way of passive aggressively marking themselves as the most overly emotional gender alive. It's tantamount to a cat pissing in a corner.

Now, that doesn't account for men with health issues. There very well could be men out there who've have problems with the veins in their dick criss crossing and harming things. Read about that here on lpsg. :)

Other than health problems though. No. It's just men's way of making themselves feel better about themselves. Again, i'm a 253 pound dark skinned black man. And whenever sitting in public i not only don't manspread but i actively move if there aren't enough seats. Will even get up if someone elderly needs one or someone with kids needs one.

The only time i've ever crushed my balls from sitting is when riding a bike. Then again, the weight of both my balls and penis is such that i can readjust without having touched either given certain circumstances. So maybe that's more at issue here.

Reactions: PumpednHard