Manners & etiquette for camming on Skype

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Is it possible that someone could propose manners for camming on IM and Skype?

Is it good manners to call someone on Skype and then immediately hang up upon learning that the called person does not meet the caller's specifications, such as age, etc?

Is it good manners to ask immediately for specifications when a Skype call is answered?

On the telephone, it is considered good manners to conclude the call courteously. It it good manners on Skype to conclude a call simply by disconnecting?

It seems to be that there are standards and principles of courtesy that should always be followed. Am I being old fashioned, or am I right?

D_Alec_Baldtwins

Account Disabled
Media
You're both old-fashioned and right. The sad reality is that the world is becoming increasingly crass and rude, and asking for a show of manners or class is often asking a lot. I'm going to say it's going to be borderline hopeless under the circumstances you're describing.

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You're both old-fashioned and right. The sad reality is that the world is becoming increasingly crass and rude, and asking for a show of manners or class is often asking a lot. I'm going to say it's going to be borderline hopeless under the circumstances you're describing.

I hope that you're wrong, but probably you're right. When people can be anonymous, they don't always behave as well.