manners

jpk338

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i am having problems with people who text me messages that i think should at least be called in. example: wishing someone happy birthday,asking one to dinner,also asking how one is esp.when that person could use a kind voice. these things are happening to me with a friend of 27 years and while i realize he is a busy man, whats constitutes too busy to be impolite. am i expecting too much,none of my other friends seem to have this problem. if you could help me it would be much appreciated. thank you

Last edited:

Water dragon

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
manners have a small place when there is so much to do and so uch to lern today. Would you be just as offened if they send you a letter by post to ask you out? The difference is that one is sent faster and displayed with pixles the intent to be with the person you love is still there just a more conventional way.
Times change; manners need be reassesed

SR_Les Intercourse

Experimental Member
Media
yeah but you cant compare, letters between people unless they are in jail or in separate countries (last one varies)is outdated.

i feel that some things people should call for instead of taking the easy route by texting to avoid conversation.unfortunately since text messaging has come about people have turned to texting for everything making conversation less personal.

manners have a small place when there is so much to do and so uch to lern today. Would you be just as offened if they send you a letter by post to ask you out? The difference is that one is sent faster and displayed with pixles the intent to be with the person you love is still there just a more conventional way.
Times change; manners need be reassesed

ConstantComment

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
People keep talking about how calling people is better than e-mailing or texting. I find that when I call them, they are inevitably busy and annoyed that I tried to call them. These days I have had good experience roganising activities with friends through text, e-mail or facebook, so I'm not going to complain. I would much rather deal with people that way when they are reliable (as they are) and we end up having a good time.

For me these days, the phone is for the most part only used when I plan to have a navel gazing conversation. And I only have two friends with whom I can do that. The rest of them are action people. Since I have had to choose, so to speak, I prefer having more action friends than talking friends. Who wants to spend their social life on the phone anyway?

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The only thing that I can suggest is that you have to retrain your friends. I hate texting and refuse to do it. If someone sends me a text I call them back and tell them I don't text. Pretty soon people get the message and use the telephone. I don't mind e-mails as a means of corresponding with people but birthday wishes and thank you notes are still hand written and sent by post; at least by me.

Ramsey

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A letter may seem "outdated" but they've been around for hundreds of years, texting only the last decade. And a hand-written letter means more to me, it shows they are taking more of an effort, and what's nice is you get to read something written in whole sentences. Rather than txt spk. I mean c'mon people, we aren't retarded, let's use the frigging language and show some writing skills and not be so lazy.