Many Parents Fond of iPhone Rattles

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Principessa, May 22, 2009.

1. Principessa

Gold Member

Parents Turn To Cell Phones As High-Tech Rattles

Parents Downloading Apps, Letting Kids Play With Phones

I hate to admit it but I am guilty of this even though I own neither an iPhone nor do I have children.

We had gone to the local Pizza Hut to pick up dinner and I had my young cousin with me. He was getting antsy waiting so I let him play Bejeweled; which I had downloaded to my rather basic Motorola cell phone. Instant baby sitter and it kept him from begging me for quarters to play the violent, arcade games which were there.

2. B_Artful Dodger

B_Artful Dodger New Member

Yeh I've seen this too when walkin round shops. Very young children sat in trolleys playin with phones. I'm always like, wtf that kid has a better phone than me. lol

But fair play to the parents really. If they have something they need to get done, and if its easiest to get it done by distractin the kids with your phone then go ahead. (Keeps the shop quiet for the rest of us too :smile:)

3. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

LOL I'm torn on this one. Should kids really be entertained by cell phones? It's almost as bad as being babysat by a television.

4. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

Tbh, never saw that here, not so common to give children such a fancy cellphone so they are entertained and quiet for a while. iPhone is more for teens and adolescents. That is common here.

Draft saved Draft deleted