Marcus Bachmann: How can I kill my wife's chances at President?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FuzzyKen, Jul 3, 2011.

1. FuzzyKen

FuzzyKen New Member

It appears that ultra right winger Marcus Bachmann, husband of GOP candidate Bachmann opened his mouth referring to gay people as "Barbarians" and as a "problem". If she did not have enough problems based on her message, this will not help either. His comments are fodder now everywhere and the press is not going to let the Bachmann's walk away.

I had wondered what institution of education would have awarded this woman a law degree. Oh, I forgot about Oral Roberts University.

It is indeed sad that the voters again have to be subjected to an election without choices.

The entire GOP has a number of candidates that are clones of each other!

Bachman and Palin equal identical twins "Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle Dum", there are multiple individuals of the Mormon faith running, we have a Pizza King. God Bless us every one. Why can't we have candidates that are not so extreme on one side of the other with both parties!

Comments?

2. UKPianoBoy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    And your point being? Some people are barbarians. Not any specific group is targeted. However, it is an opinion based upon several factors including the actions of a segment of a larger population.

3. houtx48

Gold Member

Do you hear this guy, Buchmann, speak? He sounds like a nelly queen and what the hell is Christian therapy. Michelle Buchmann probably will not get the nomination but there has to be some effect on the field of candidates from the right nuts.

4. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

People who recognize themselves as being gay, or the LGBT community, are not a "specific group" now? This is new. Since when did this become the new rule?

So was the opinion that most minorities were not equal to others and were not granted the same rights as others. If civil rights were based on the consensus of a "larger population", our schools would still be segregated, plus most minorities wouldn't be able to vote, own land, own a gun and be viewed upon by law as being 3/5ths of a "regular man". What's even more ironic is that in our country there are more women then men who live in it. But that didn't stop men from twisting the issue and claiming that women were a "minority" (based on physical attributes) and didn't grant them the right to vote or own land at first.

Perhaps you, personally, don't find gay people to be normal people and agree with the ridiculous comments made by Bachmann's husband. However, since the President is supposed to serve all people (regardless of race, religion, sexual preference, etc) the LBGT community IS a specific group of people in our country with the right to vote. Comments like this will do nothing but ensure that a "specific group" of people will not give them their support come 2012. I'm sure Bachmann's husband doesn't care since they're pandering to their own religiously sensitive base with their statements, alas, elections in this country are not decided in this country based on whether or not you'e a Christian.

5. Redwyvre

Gold Member

Albums:
    When and where did he give this statement?

6. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Just last summer, Dr. Bachmann explained his position on homosexuality while offering theoretical advice to parents concerned that one of their children was gay.
    BACHMANN: We have to understand: barbarians need to be educated. They need to be disciplined. Just because someone feels it or thinks it doesn’t mean that we are supposed to go down that road. That’s what is called the sinful nature. We have a responsibility as parents and as authority figures not to encourage such thoughts and feelings from moving into the action steps…
    And let’s face it: what is our culture, what is our public education system doing today? They are giving full, wide-open doors to children, not only giving encouragement to think it but to encourage action steps. That’s why when we understand what truly is the percentage of homosexuals in this country, it is small. But by these open doors, I can see and we are experiencing, that it is starting to increase.

Bachmann’s Husband Calls Homosexuals ‘Barbarians’ Who ‘Need To Be Educated’ And ‘Disciplined’ | ThinkProgress

7. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    I saw this and thought it deserved posting in this thread. At least as far as the Gawker commentariat is concerned, he's a big ole 'mo, head-to-toe.

8. Thedrewbert

Thedrewbert Member

Albums:
    If Michelle Bachmann can marry a gay man, why can't I?

9. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

That would be the icing on the cake.
    He has to be gay now, just for the sake of comedy.

10. Who_Dun_It

Who_Dun_It New Member

Never seen the guy before, so this was an interesting article and I think she's right on the money...either that or Michelle Bachmann has a way more masculine wave that her husband.................

This also made me laugh even more than "christmas present" crack from "Family Guy":tongue:

11. B_Hung Jon

B_Hung Jon New Member

Thank you for the funniest comment on this site today! :biggrin1:

12. Who_Dun_It

Who_Dun_It New Member

I think the ball's just getting rolling on that too:tongue:

13. FuzzyKen

FuzzyKen New Member

Hey, remember that getting the husband of Anita Bryant and outing him as gay was finally how "Anita the Hun" was brought to a final "end" with her reign of terror. Those of you living in and around "Bachmann-land" need to see if you can find good 'ol Marcus out there and please, please, please, do this country a favor! I know catching Todd Palin in some "hanky wanky" (red hanky if we're lucky) at the same time would be just too good to be true! God what entertainment we would watch at all of this! We would see more alligator tears than with Jimmy Swaggart and the "hooker" in Indio, California!

14. 1kmb1

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    is vegas taking bets on where he'll be caught with a cock in his mouth yet?

im leaning towards either movie theater or taco bell restroom.

15. Who_Dun_It

Who_Dun_It New Member

The more I think about him referring to gays as "barbarians" it makes me wonder that if he is gay, then what the hell kind of fantasies does he get off on:eek:

That would be funny to catch Palin in that situation, if he did.....I still think it would be with a woman even though Joe Miller would make it even better than an affair on either side of that line. Just pray that the Palin and Bachmann women don't get caught in a trist with each other....there's probably way too many straight men that aren't necessarily Republicans that would vote for that pair as "running mates", even if they were forced to drop out:rolleyes:

Considering his "Barbarians" comments, I'm going for with a muscled up stud in a hotel room paid for by some Evangelical church he's giving a speech at by the maid or room service:tongue:

#15 Who_Dun_It, Jul 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  16. houtx48

Gold Member

or as Marcus says it "baahberrywins."

17. SilverTrain

Gold Member

Albums:
    From the "Comments" to the Gawker article: [Re Marcus Bauchmann:] "He just wants to ban gay marriage out of spite. If he has to put up with being married to a woman and being so deep in the closet he can see Narnia* , then everyone else has to suffer through it."

*Props to wwaxwork for that excellent bit of analogy. :haha:

All Kinds of People Weighing in on Marcus 'Mr. Michele' Bachmann's Sexuality

18. houtx48

Gold Member

God told him that Michele was the woman he had to marry..............he should have that receiver looked at.

19. Mensch1351

Gold Member

In the only other State that begins with "K"!
    Here's an interesting article I found on ThinkProgress:

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2011/07/14/269277/conservative-groups-rally-behind-bachmanns-ex-gay-clinics/

I'm not surprised that conservative groups have "rallied" to offer their support -- however -- In my mind this brings up a VERY interesting subject which might be pursued here (I thought of posting a whole different thread but figured this one would do)! The intersection of politics and culture IS a prominent factor in our more recent elections. It IS the Conservative Religious Right's reaction to decades of standing silent politically (and publically) while they denounced many of these issues from ONLY their pulpits. Of course with the rise of the Moral Majority and the 700 Club etc. they decided to take their cultural crusade to Washington in order to save the Country from going to hell in a hanging basket. They have used their churches to very effectively organize their prominent minority into a powerful voice AGAINST all things they consider "Godless" including abortion, homosexuality, etc. (and I guess you could add big government to this list!)

What I fail to understand is how gay people, who call themselves conservatives, can cast a truly conscience free vote for these people KNOWING that once they are in power, they do everything they can to surpress the rights we have worked so hard to achieve? While you may agree with an ECONOMICALLY conservative platform -- the Republican Party brings with it a great deal of Ideological baggage that includes within its ranks those who are determined to level heavy judgments against large minority segments of our population.

I also fail to understand how a Christian, living in a Constitutional Democracy, can push an agenda that would limit the freedoms of all people and try to make a minority "2nd class" and then "justify" their actions that they are doing "God's" work.

For those of you NOT religiously affiliated -- I want to remind you that "Mainline" Christian Denominations (Presbyterians, Methodists, United Church of Christ, Lutherans, Episcopalians, etc.) have formal written statements denouncing many of the "right wing" ideologies of those Christians who represent extremely narrow views on a host of cultural subjects! Christians have dominated our politics and Congress for MANY years -- but this "type" of radical Christian conservativism is a newer phenomenon!

Your thoughts??

#19 Mensch1351, Jul 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  20. houtx48

Gold Member

Mensch, It's basic human nature, the group has to hate someone, right now it's gays and Mexicans. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

Draft saved Draft deleted