marcus from the amazing race

kyberneticka

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm done watching the Amazing Race after tonight's taxi cab cheating incident. Two of the three finalists were headed the wrong direction until their cab drivers received phone calls telling them where to go.

GayJapan

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm done watching the Amazing Race after tonight's taxi cab cheating incident.

Agreed. My nephew called me to see if I saw it and he was very disappointed in what he called "downright cheating, because the 2 teams didn't even know they went to a different place than they asked to go to"

I know it's just a TV show, but for kids it is a disappointment when there is clear cheating.:mad:

kyberneticka

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Agreed. My nephew called me to see if I saw it and he was very disappointed in what he called "downright cheating, because the 2 teams didn't even know they went to a different place than they asked to go to"

I know it's just a TV show, but for kids it is a disappointment when there is clear cheating.:mad:

and one of the teams in the finale should've been out a while ago when they were allowed to ride a train without a ticket.

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

I was VERY disappointed that Andy and Tommy didn't make it, but was that really "cheating"? The taxi drivers were working together to get their customers to the same (correct) place. I saw them all huddled together even before the three teams went in their cars.

They called each other and informed them of the right place based on the clue that Jeremy drew out for them and once one of them figured out where the destination was, he informed the other two because all of them knew that the teams needed to go to the same place. More like luck than cheating.

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
and one of the teams in the finale should've been out a while ago when they were allowed to ride a train without a ticket.
Nope. They would have received a penalty if they had failed to purchase tickets but since they had tickets(but lost them) no penalty was given. They got lucky and in The Amazing Race it can often come down to luck.
I'm glad the snowboarders are out. Their holier than thou attitude was getting sickening. They won six legs and two of them were because of assistance from other teams(which they admitted) but they wouldn't give the prizes they received to the teams that helped them.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

That's not cheating, that's stupidity, or at least ignorance. And luck. The Race often comes down to a combination of both.

They weren't "allowed" to ride the train without a ticket. They, again, were simply lucky because they were never asked to show one during the journey, something that has happened to me many times in Europe (where conductors often act on the honor system in some countries) and occasionally, here if there's not enough time or personnel to get to everyone. And they purchased the tickets, so no rules of the game were broken, hence, no cheating.

snobbsdale24

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
i was very disappointed that andy and tommy didn't make it, but was that really "cheating"? The taxi drivers were working together to get their customers to the same (correct) place. I saw them all huddled together even before the three teams went in their cars.

They called each other and informed them of the right place based on the clue that jeremy drew out for them and once one of them figured out where the destination was, he informed the other two because all of them knew that the teams needed to go to the same place. More like luck than cheating.

i so wish you would have put a ** spoil alert** warning mate!!

Thanks a lot!