Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Let's do some simple math here....

1 Democrat President +
60 Democrat Senators +
250 House Democrats +
2 Left of Center Supreme Court Justices =

MARGINALIZED GOP

Do you Elephant cracks realize that you won't have so much as a VOICE for the AT LEAST the next 4 years. Do you realize you won't even have a filibuster in the Senate? You guys made the rubber stamp famous... but, you haven't seen shit yet. Do you realize Bush has destroyed your party?

With the collective gains in the house and senate, do you realize your next "crack" at any type of power is likely 10+ years from now? It will take a generation for your party to recover its losses.

You've been caught up in a wave election that is a referendum on the failed policies of this administration. Tuesday is going to be a spectacle. Get ready to compromise your ideology so that President Obama will even give you the time of day!

Collectively, the sweep of '96 is going to look like childsplay compared to November 4th. It's been a long time coming... and AMERICA has awakened.

Florida Boy

Sexy Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
With the collective gains in the house and senate, do you realize your next "crack" at any type of power is likely 10+ years from now? It will take a generation for your party to recover its losses.
.[/QUOTE]

True.
It will take all of our lifetimes to undo the damage they have done. Not only to the United States, but the rest of the world. After Tuesday the world will breath a sigh of relief.

Florida Boy

D

deleted213967

Collectively, the sweep of '96 is going to look like childsplay compared to November 4th. It's been a long time coming... and AMERICA has awakened.

Hey Guru!

Sometimes, I take a step back and consider how much the federal government in DC really impacts my own daily life.

All in all, IMO, local governments can
affect our daily lives to a greater extent.

For me, the single most life-changing voter initiative was a smoking ban in clubs (just you wait, even Tennessee will drink that KoolAid in a few years :biggrin1:).

As for taxes, wouldn't a decrease in your federal income tax bracket be dwarfed by a 25% hike in your county-levied property tax?

Last time I checked, your neck of the wood under Obama was still on track to remain far far far more red than my neck of the wood under Bush. :biggrin1:

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm not as optimistic as you are about reaching 60 Senate seats. I've thought that if we hit 59 seats, there's a tiny chance that Arlen Specter might change caucuses -- he's a moderate, as Republicans go, and would probably enjoy having his old committee chair back. It'd hurt his chances for re-election in 2010, but seeing as how Specter is 78, he's probably thinking about retirement anyway.

I'm also not as optimistic as you are about the positioning of our next Supreme Court Justices. Obama's first nomination is likely to be early in his term, and if so, he may seek a real centrist to make a point about bipartisanship and reaching across the aisles. (Bleah!)

Do you realize Bush has destroyed your party?
Don't give all the credit to the Shit Miser. He had plenty of help from:

• Dick Cheney
  • Karl Rove
  • Ted Stevens
  • Tom DeLay
  • Jack Abramoff
  • Bob Ney
  • Duke Cunningham
  • Scooter Libby
  • Harriet Miers
  • Donald Rumsfeld
  • Mark Foley
  • Larry Craig
  • David Vitter
  • Ted Haggard
  • Alberto Gonzales
  • Monica Goodling
  • John Bolton
  • George Allen
  • Rick Santorum
  • Ernie Fletcher
  • Michelle Bachmann
  • Jean Schmidt
...and of course, The Mavericks. And a supporting cast of thousands.

D_Marazion Analdouche

Experimental Member
Media
What's amazing is how people don't understand how the two sides are in a lot of ways very similar.

If this country truly woke up they would enforce and push for a third party that would round everything out. This way we wouldn't have a "this party is in charge for 8-10 years" which translates into It's the other guys turns to fuck things up for a while.

D

deleted213967

What's amazing is how people don't understand how the two sides are in a lot of ways very similar.

If this country truly woke up they would enforce and push for a third party that would round everything out. This way we wouldn't have a "this party is in charge for 8-10 years" which translates into It's the other guys turns to fuck things up for a while.

Shut up and drink the KoolAid!

Can't you see the credit markets are un-freezing and the arctic ice sheets re-freezing at the mere mention of Obama's position in the polls?