marijuana use in the states

hawt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
What do the people on lpsg think about marijuana use? Do you think that the drug ban should be lifted for medical use everywhere? As is? Or should it be completely banned?

There's a lot of people in my county that abuse their medical growing perscriptions and end up growing twice as much as permitted and then selling for alot of money. Maybe our government should look into lifting the ban and putting a heavy tax on marijuana. I think that regardless of the price, people will still buy pot, especially if its legal.

B_mylipswet

Experimental Member
Media
In your mind until you meet me eye to eye if you d
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What do the people on lpsg think about marijuana use? Do you think that the drug ban should be lifted for medical use everywhere? As is? Or should it be completely banned?

There's a lot of people in my county that abuse their medical growing perscriptions and end up growing twice as much as permitted and then selling for alot of money. Maybe our government should look into lifting the ban and putting a heavy tax on marijuana. I think that regardless of the price, people will still buy pot, especially if its legal.

Come to California, it's legal here.
All for it, lift the ban.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Although I no longer use the stuff (out grew it), I think it should be totally legal but controlled as is alcohol and cigarettes, by the Firearms, Tobacco, Alcohol and home-made bombs department.

Even the the last Presidential Administration's own "Let's hear what the Rand Think Tank have to say" people admit that crystal meth is the real gateway drug, not the venerable yerba buena.

hawt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Where is it socially accepted and not in the states?

I think that northern californians have come to accept it more in the most recent years. Even the police up here don't hold it against you that much unless they've got a hard on for putting you in jail..

It should be completely legalized and subsidized as a prescription for people who need it. In the coming months I may very well need it as I face chemotherapy and I've heard from legions of people that nothing works as well as marijuana. I haven't smoked it in ages but find nothing wrong with it.

There are anti-nausea drugs out there but they don't do anything for your appetite. As I've heard from many other cancer patients, marijuana relieves nausea and restores the appetite. Without it, you can take the anti-nausea drugs but have no desire to eat anything. It's ridiculous that I have to feel like a crook to get a drug I may need to help make me well just because some parts of society feel it's wrong for people to get high.

hawt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Although I no longer use the stuff (out grew it), I think it should be totally legal but controlled as is alcohol and cigarettes, by the Firearms, Tobacco, Alcohol and home-made bombs department.

Even the the last Presidential Administration's own "Let's hear what the Rand Think Tank have to say" people admit that crystal meth is the real gateway drug, not the venerable yerba buena.

I completely agree with controlling it.

I don't see how people can call pot a gateway drug. It doesn't give you urges to go and shoot up heroine. You would have done the heroine regardless if you smoked weed or not.

And if it were to be legalized, I think that the DEA (drug enforcement administration) could focus on more hardcore drugs that cause people to go crazy and kill people or themselves other than looking for people sitting back smoking a joint, minding their own business.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Me Jason_els there are so many medical cannabis clubs/groups in NY state. some even offer a sliding scale when it comes to payment. no worries of ditch weed or being ripped off. no worry about street dealers or cops.

i am more for decriminalization than i am for legalizing the good herb. i prefer as few pleasures as possible to be under the control of the government.

ml

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
while i smoke it for "recreation," i full on believe that there are so many medical properties that are not being explored. my step-dad has MS, yah? he says pot works for his pain better than his pain meds, and without all those nasty side effects

personally, i believe it's illegal because anyone can grow it, which means that the government can't tax it. cigs and alcohol are WAY more harmful for the body than pot. go figure. the government legalizes substances that harm you, which makes you need certain medication provided by the pharmaceutical companies. our system sucks balls

Media
A close friend of mine was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis last year. She bought a bag of weed and used it to ease the pain. The medication the Dr RX'd for her to take ruined her appetite. She already eats like a bird as it is.

It made total sense to use it, that and she shared with me so she didn't have to smoke alone. lol

It is organic, increases the appetite and can be regulated with proper common sense methods. I also understand too many people in this land of plenty go overboard and as a result ruin it for the rest of us, so anti "idiot" legislation needs to be in place.

lwd

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
i smoke it a lot....tax it for californians....the state needs the tax revenue and it wouldn't really slow down because of the economy....i think the state of the economy causes a lot of stress for people and this is a cheap way for people to mellow out...kind of like the blue collar guy who is poorly paid, but works his but off...he's happy to wind down the night with a couple of Budweisers....

As long as some controls are put in place, it's a win for everyone!

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
they want budget cuts, stop the war on weed, to much of the criminal courts and probation is tied up in this nonsense. People paying out large sums of money to go to counsiling which never helps in the least. I think that is criminal in its own right.

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Right on Deno!!!

Even though it's not my 'thing' I'm with everyone else in that it is time to move out of the Victorian era and use our resources to fight other battles. The social harm argument does not hold much water when I can go down the street and pick up a fifth of liquor 7 days a week (except from 4am to 6am).

But, as with everything else in the USA, someone, somewhere must be making money off of weeds criminalization or we would not be having this discussion.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I think cannabis should be decriminalized or legalized, it's no worse a drug than the already legal ones. It is not completely harmless though. When I smoke I loose most of my motivation to do anything productive. If I try to do something, I forget stuff, or get sidetracked and in the end there's no result. As a purely recreational drug.. no problem. But, I think it has a negative effect on long term memory and I don't like to see teenagers using it. I've seen a few young guys who've over done it, turn into dummies.

If the US and other countries got over the stigma attached to the plant, we could reap a lot of benefits from industrial hemp. It grows really fast, requires no fertilizers, and is actually good for the soil. It's seeds are high in omega oil and are one of the few plant sources of complete protein. I read that 6 percent of the the US's land mass could grow enough hemp to completely eliminate the need for fossil fuels.

George Washington grew hemp. Henry Ford made a car from hemp and straw in the forties.

Even though hemp contains a tiny fraction of THC, it is controlled by the DEA.

MagicJohnsonFan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I think it's ridiculous that alcohol and cigarettes are both legal but pot isn't. Amsterdam has the right idea, if you ask me. Let's legalize it, tax it, and take it out of the hands of the criminals. Allow people to buy it legally and they won't have to go to a scuzzy drug dealer (who also peddles meth or worse) to get it. How many violent crimes are committed by people who are high on pot? At worst, maybe they'll shoplift a few twinkies or a bag of cheetos.

Even most of the cops I know, not to mention most other adults (even those who don't smoke themselves) are for legalization.