Marijuana

Do you smoke marijuana or any of its derivatives?

• Yes, frequently (weekly or more often)

Votes: 38 24.8%
  • Yes, occasionally (less than weekly)

Votes: 27 17.6%
  • I used to, but stopped

Votes: 37 24.2%
  • I don't, and never have

Votes: 38 24.8%
  • I'm high right now

Votes: 13 8.5%

• Total voters

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Have any of you ever thought of the implications that smoking dope and tobacco have on global warming? I would be interested in any information on that subject.

I voted "I don't and never have" even though I tried marijauna 35 years ago, it was the only choice that came even close to my situation.

I knew one brilliant biologist who got to the point where he could hardly see through his squinting eyes, he couldn't walk a straight line to save his ass. I often wonder if he is a vegetable somewhere.

I recently found out that I have glaucoma and I was surprised at how many people who said I was lucky because now I could legally smoke dope! I have absolutely no interest in smoking dope.

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Have any of you ever thought of the implications that smoking dope and tobacco have on global warming? I would be interested in any information on that subject.

I voted "I don't and never have" even though I tried marijauna 35 years ago, it was the only choice that came even close to my situation.

I knew one brilliant biologist who got to the point where he could hardly see through his squinting eyes, he couldn't walk a straight line to save his ass. I often wonder if he is a vegetable somewhere.

I recently found out that I have glaucoma and I was surprised at how many people who said I was lucky because now I could legally smoke dope! I have absolutely no interest in smoking dope.

Are you saying the weed made that biologist the way he was? I really doubt the herb did that to him.

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There is absolutely no doubt, I knew him for 2 years before he got hung up on marijuana and over the next 2 years I saw him go downhill.

I have been smoking weed for over 6 years. My health is fine. Everybody I know that smokes weed is fine. In fact there are no recorded deaths caused by weed. It really can't be all that bad. Unless your friend was smoking something other than weed, I find it hard to believe the weed did it.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I have been smoking weed for over 6 years. My health is fine. Everybody I know that smokes weed is fine. In fact there are no recorded deaths caused by weed. It really can't be all that bad. Unless your friend was smoking something other than weed, I find it hard to believe the weed did it.​

I'm with ganja on this one - smoked heavily for nearly 10 years, less so now - but it never had that kind of effect on my health.

dolf250

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
16% of the population seems about right when you factor in people who can't use because of work and those who have no wish to use. I used to tell myself that I would try it one day when I was younger but now that I am approaching 30 I no longer have the slightest wish to try. (actually, I was going to try something a little stronger.)

Having said that, while I am not saying that it should not be legalized
And I'm still not sure why pot is illegal, and booze isn't.

(Other than the booze industry being better organized and having more money for lobbyists)
is not a good reason to legalize it. How many lives has alcohol ruined? I am not saying prohibition is the way to go either, I am just that saying that "because alcohol is legal pot should be as well" is faulty reasoning. I also find it funny that while our government is working to stomp out tobacco some are advocating legalizing pot. (you can't smoke in a public bar, private office, car with young children, many rental companies will not let you smoke in an apartment if you rent from them and they are aiming to stop you from smoking on a public sidewalk or park)
Funny thing is that when the Liberals proposed decriminalization of marijuana a few years back by saying there would not be jail time for possessing small amounts of the drug there was going to be huge fines and increased jail time for larger amounts or selling the drug. In effect they were going to make it legal to buy and use just not grow, wholesale or sell. Brilliant strategy.:rolleyes:

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have a good reason for weed to be legalized. The amount of money the U.S. would save from no longer busting weed users and dealers. If they started mass producing it and selling it like cigarettes they coul dend up making a lot of money off of it. If weed was legal it could help the U.S. economy out a lot.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
How many lives has alcohol ruined? I am not saying prohibition is the way to go either, I am just that saying that "because alcohol is legal pot should be as well" is faulty reasoning. I also find it funny that while our government is working to stomp out tobacco some are advocating legalizing pot. (you can't smoke in a public bar, private office, car with young children, many rental companies will not let you smoke in an apartment if you rent from them and they are aiming to stop you from smoking on a public sidewalk or park)

Parenthetically, I'm against banning tobacco. I'm in favour of banning smoking from public places, and if you own a private space (i.e. an apartment), you should be able to ban smoking there, too. However, what people do in their own homes is their own business.

The government shouldn't be in the business of protecting people from "ruining their lives". The vast majority of people who drink do so in a controlled manner. Ditto for the pot smokers. If that's your argument, we should ban fast food, candy, suntanning, bdsm, extreme sports, and motorcycles, too. :rolleyes:

Anything that doesn't directly harm others ought to be legal for individuals to partake in. Period.

(Am I in danger of losing my liberal card for this? :tongue: )

Big Dreamer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Parenthetically, I'm against banning tobacco. I'm in favour of banning smoking from public places, and if you own a private space (i.e. an apartment), you should be able to ban smoking there, too. However, what people do in their own homes is their own business.

The government shouldn't be in the business of protecting people from "ruining their lives". The vast majority of people who drink do so in a controlled manner. Ditto for the pot smokers. If that's your argument, we should ban fast food, candy, suntanning, bdsm, extreme sports, and motorcycles, too. :rolleyes:

Anything that doesn't directly harm others ought to be legal for individuals to partake in. Period.

(Am I in danger of losing my liberal card for this? :tongue: )

I agree with this, however it raises the question of the right for parents to trap their kids in a smoke filled environment until they're 18. You see vehicles around town with 2 infant seats in the back, the windows rolled up, and the idiot parents driving through a smokey haze. The same can be said about being in their house and smoking for 18 years while the kids suck it all in. It's a complex issue for sure.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
I agree with this, however it raises the question of the right for parents to trap their kids in a smoke filled environment until they're 18. You see vehicles around town with 2 infant seats in the back, the windows rolled up, and the idiot parents driving through a smokey haze. The same can be said about being in their house and smoking for 18 years while the kids suck it all in. It's a complex issue for sure.

I'm of the belief that children shouldn't be allowed in churches until age 18, for similar reasons.

I agree that the issue is complex.

LouisVauban

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I didn't really love the poll choices.

Wish there was one that said: I've used it, but not my thing.

That sums it up for me.....

Had to choose the "I used to, but have stopped." Sounds like there was a problem... No problem, just made me sleepy and wanted to consume everything in the fridge.

griplock22

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have been smoking weed for over 6 years. My health is fine. Everybody I know that smokes weed is fine. In fact there are no recorded deaths caused by weed. It really can't be all that bad. Unless your friend was smoking something other than weed, I find it hard to believe the weed did it.​

i completely agree. ive been smoking weed for years, im in university, i am a rounded person, i fit in with society, its just something i do. Its not going to make me a 'vegetable' like whoever it was suggested it made his biologist friend. If they were in fact only doing weed as a drug and it made them so dumb...then its their own fault, not the weed's fault.

and yea, it is an enhancement thing, why just sit about, or watch tv, when it can be more enjoyable while high?

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Smoking makes me barf.

^_^

As far as the harmful effects, it definitely does not destroy your lungs as fast as cigarettes, because it has no tobacco, but anything that you inhale has effects on your lung walls. If you roll up your weed in cigar paper, you are effectively inhaling tobacco paper, i.e. tar into your lungs. Hell...any kind of paper that you roll your weed in was made by a chemical process. All of those chemicals are going into your lungs.

Just because you don't see any of the effects now does not mean that it has no effect.

But at any rate, I pass on smoking of any kind. Weed > Cigarettes, but a lesser evil doesn't make it "right".

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As far as the harmful effects, it definitely does not destroy your lungs as fast as cigarettes, because it has no tobacco, but anything that you inhale has effects on your lung walls. If you roll up your weed in cigar paper, you are effectively inhaling tobacco paper, i.e. tar into your lungs. Hell...any kind of paper that you roll your weed in was made by a chemical process. All of those chemicals are going into your lungs.

That's why Jah created bongs.