Marine's father ordered to pay Westboro's court costs

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
BBucko, I would submit that although tripod doesn't call people fucktards anymore, he still has the righteous indignation and black/white sensibility that is evidence in the quoted passage. He's right, everybody who disagrees with him is wrong.

That's his way, fueled no doubt by a considerable anger he feels justified in maintaining (though I'd find it intolerable, myself). We all have a style here, as well as differing POVs and hot-button issues that incite real passion (though usually more heat than light): you do, and so do I. Tripod's style is his; I'm neither condemning nor supporting it, though I do condone it because we're a community of diverse voices who all have an equal right to express our opinions within the guidelines set and policed by the mods/admins. It's their call when and if he (or anyone else) crosses the line, not mine.

Frankly, I think that simply suspending the use of "-tard" verbiage is a huge step in the right direction. Tripod's fuse is short, though no shorter than many other posters here. The Ignore feature really does work. If you find yourself worked up by his posts, try it for a while and see if that helps.

I'm seriously not being condescending here. I'm trying to be helpful.

Last edited:

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
That's his way, fueled no doubt by a considerable anger he feels justified in maintaining (though I'd find it intolerable, myself). We all have a style here, as well as differing POVs and hot-button issues that incite real passion (though usually more heat than light): you do, and so do I. Tripod's style is his; I'm neither condemning nor supporting it, though I do condone it because we're a community of diverse voices who all have an equal right to express our opinions within the guidelines set and policed by the mods/admins. It's their call when and if he (or anyone else) crosses the line, not mine.

Frankly, I think that simply suspending the use of "-tard" verbiage is a huge step in the right direction. Tripod's fuse is short, though no shorter than many other posters here. The Ignore feature really does work. If you find yourself worked up by his posts, try it for a while and see if that helps.

I'm seriously not being condescending here. I'm trying to be helpful.

Naw, I don't wanna put him on ignore. Wehn he's being thoughtful, he's one of the smartest posters on here. Just that sometimes his black/white view of the world reminds me of ole Dubya.

Sergeant_Torpedo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This may be a long legal battle but believe me the bigots will lose in the end. Many good Christians would think it appropriate if the Baptist Church is bankrupted. The Lord works in mysterious ways.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
:buttkick: If I could I would kick Phelps!

Ooh, I like this idea. Good ol' fashioned kickin' ! :biggrin1:

When Fred Phelps dies, I just would like to get a whole bunch of gay men and lesbians to have sex on his grave.

the cherry on top would be for it to be his grandsons, there's a few of them I'd fuck on his grave, his bed, his desk, his pulpit...

I would rather you guys wait until he's so old and frail that he can't get out of bed... And then do it in the same room as him 24/7 until he dies.

I was gonna suggest hosting a 24 hour Wigstock, but this is even more evil. LOL!! :biggrin1:

Wow. I think that first guy should just kick Phelps. Allow the guy to kick him until he is satisfied. And then have some professional NFL place kickers kick him. Then have some mixed martial artists kick him.

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight