Marines to Teabaggers: You want a Civil War? Bring it.

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I thought this would be an enlightening read for the handful of teabaggin' nutjobs we have polluting this forum.

The tone of the article is pretty direct, and makes it clear that the military is NOT on the side of the teabaggers, and will in fact gladly use them for target practice, should they be ordered to do so... Enjoy.

An article I wish I would never have to write - To those calling for a civil war, this Marine wants you to stop, and think...

Newsvine.com
Opinion — Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:13 PM EDT
By Sgt C USMC

The intro...
It's been said that the military is always preparing for war. That is true. We prepare for combat every day. We ran 5 miles today to the rifle range and shot nearly 200 rounds a piece at targets and then ran back. However, we also pray for peace. I would love one day to be completely unnecessary. But alas, I am a realist, and I know that day will never come.

The headlines of the last week have reminded me more of glimpsing at the S2 Daily Briefing Sheets while in theater or the Al-Jazeera than the NY Times or the Washington Post. Think about that for a moment, let it sink in.
...here he addresses the violence of the baggers directly...
the SECOND you start committing acts of violence and vandalism, then you've usurped that Constitution. You in a way have assaulted it. And then you and I (I being every servicemember who has sworn to defend said Constitution) will have a MAJOR PROBLEM.

For those of you calling for a civil war, I implore you to stop and think about what you're saying. Look around your neighborhood and your city. Now imagine using that terrain to survive. Imagine dodging semi-automatic rifle fire as you scramble from cover to cover, dragging your wounded child behind you. Imagine the deafening report of a mortar as it strikes the ground a 150 feet in front of you, the overpressure enough to shatter your teeth and perforate an ear drum. Try and envision a Stryker rolling through neighbor's front lawn or a F/A-18 making lazy loops over your head in Close Air Support for the troops in the distance.

Now with that vision in mind, stop by your local Marine Corps base, being they will be the first military units you'd face in an all out 'civil war' . Look at them for a moment, examine their 'work environment' . They're running the track, they're climbing ropes, they're grappelling with each other in mock hand-to-hand combat, and shooting targets while moving in raid lines on a daily basis. Nearly everyone on that base, down to our 'secretaries' has a combat award of one type or another, they've faced some of the most stressful situations on Earth where succumbing to the stress can get you killed, and they flourished.
Continue reading by clicking here

Last edited by a moderator:

D_Geffarde Phartsmeller

Experimental Member
Media
I see. You meant THAT kind of teabagger. I definitely opened this thread expecting a different topic...

Joking aside, don't fuck with Marines. That's just common knowledge. Talking about civil war and other such nonsense is easy but organizing a few million crazies across the US with 0 military training to act on it, in the face of badass Marines, is never going to happen.

D_Circumcisus Skinless

Experimental Member
Media
As a recent Veteran, I can't tell you how much I would Immediately get back in uniform to defend our united states without question and follow order with extreme prejudice, and the government knows who we are, I would simply get a phone call, then Written Orders would follow telling me where to report to, and this is a reason I would Die for!!!!!!, the Civillian Population has no clue, what our government is prepared to do in such cases...does KENT STATE RING ANY BELL'S!:..A CIVILLIAN UNDER INTERNATIONAL HUMANITARIAN LAW IS A PERSON/S WHO **IS NOT A MEMBER OF HIS OR HER COUNTRY'S ARMED FORCES** and there is currently 2.87 Million Veterans( thats active and inactive) who have sworn to uphold and protect out Constitution of the United States of America both Foreign and DOMESTIC!!!!!!!!!, Excuse me Fat Lazy, Carpooling, American Idol watching, government complaining, Gordon Gecko greed is good, Over Pampered...and did I say LAZY.....AMERICANS...THIS WOULD BE A LOPSIDED BLOOD BATH OF BIBLICAL PROPORTIONS!!!!

Last edited:

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
LOL.

A handful of crazy idiots committing disgusting acts. And the OP characterizes the entire movement as such; and then packages the thread title such that the entire Tea Party movement is calling for civil war.

ZZZZZZZzzzzzz.

D_Circumcisus Skinless

Experimental Member
Media
LOL.

A handful of crazy idiots committing disgusting acts. And the OP characterizes the entire movement as such; and then packages the thread title such that the entire Tea Party movement is calling for civil war.

ZZZZZZZzzzzzz.

i GUESS THEY SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION IN U.S GOVERNMENT HISTORY ABOUT THE CONSTITUTION AND AMENDMENTS, I SURE DID, THANK GOD!:cool:

B_nyvin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The teabaggers would just pay the private mercenaries that are doing 90% of the fighting in iraq and afganistan to take out the 19-20 year old Marines! mwahahaha!

Hockeytiger

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
As moronic as the Tea Party can be, this statement steps over the line. The military must NEVER politicize itself or take sides. An individual serviceman may state his political preferences but that's not what he did in this statement. He made threats against American citizens (albeit indirect ones) and that cannot be tolerated, even if some Tea Party members are mouthing off in ways that are politically unpalatable.

The US military must never be used to intimidate American citizens (even if they deserve it). That is what law enforcement is for.

Don't allow your own dislike of what those people stand for to blind you to a much greater danger.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
As moronic as the Tea Party can be, this statement steps over the line. The military must NEVER politicize itself or take sides. An individual serviceman may state his political preferences but that's not what he did in this statement. He made threats against American citizens (albeit indirect ones) and that cannot be tolerated, even if some Tea Party members are mouthing off in ways that are politically unpalatable.

The US military must never be used to intimidate American citizens (even if they deserve it). That is what law enforcement is for.

Don't allow your own dislike of what those people stand for to blind you to a much greater danger.
Your reading comprehension skills suck, as does your grasp of the first amendment.

D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

Experimental Member
Media
It's the 19 yro who would shoot you first and it's the 30 yro who will be giving them the order to fire!

yeah and who's going to seperate them from you. the 17 year old will probably misfire and shoot himself. for every letter like this you'll get 100 marines opposite. who do you think makes up this tea bagger group? they are the ones worried about the constitution and preserving our freedom.

take a peek these folks aren't pissing around:

Machine Gun Shootout // Current

B_nyvin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It's the 19 yro who would shoot you first and it's the 30 yro who will be giving them the order to fire!

Trigger happy? It's no wonder the murder rate in the USA is so high with nutjobs like...erm...some of these kind of people around.

Anyway threatening with military force makes us not much different then Sadaam so i'd tell that guy to think over his words rather then "if you're a teabagger a Marine will kill you!" to something more politically correct.

Last edited:

callmedafonz

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Tall, that was one person's view, change your title to clarify that....that is not the view of the "marines", it is the particular view of ONE marine

does KENT STATE RING ANY BELL'S

you are a fucking idiot to make mention of this as an example. it was 4 UNARMED students shot by Ohio National Guard members, not by the marines. This was during a protest, not a war...

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was never in the armed services, but because I like to surround myself with people of different backgrounds and viewpoints, I know a number of marines, and special forces guys

from their conversations, it sounds like they're more likely to turn their guns on the current administration and its lackeys

Last edited:

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I was never in the armed services, but because I like to surround myself with people of different backgrounds and viewpoints, I know a number of marines, and special forces guys

from their conversations, it sounds like they're more likely to turn their guns on the current administration and its lackeys

Overthrow the government? :eek:

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
^Yeah, the Marines will invite themselves to a military court ordered death sentence to side with a few fat, old racist white men who can't deal with reality anymore, now that someone else is calling the shots.

Try reading up on the facts before implying that most Marines hate the Dem agenda so much that they would commit treason against their own country. McCain only won the military vote by 10 points in 2008 (54%-44%), which was the narrowest Republican margin of victory in the military subset in over a generation.

Barack Obama wins respect of US military - Times Online

The point I was making with this thread remains unchanged; any teabagger who thinks he has sympathy for these antics from anyone in this country in a position of power is sorely mistaken.