Mark e miller & ethan

marrow

Superior Member
Media
if I moved to a new state and a natural disaster hit, but missed my new neighborhood/place, I would take that as a sign to stay tbh. That I'm untouchable. Plus, I would probably want to help out with the clean up.

Reactions: Mike.Teru

Sexb1150

Superior Member
Media
I'm all about you do you, live your best life, and be who you want to be, but anyone else miss the OG Mark?
Yeah I do. I'm not worried about the looks but they seemed different prior to the movie. He had frat boy vibe going on back then.

As far as looks however since people are saying that he's looking older. While obviously he did age I think most of that is becuase he isn't as lean as he was years ago so his face is fuller.
having worked out much of his straight-acting toxic masculinity and self-hate. He's said before that he was the biggest piece of shit, has no idea why Ethan dated him like that, and that he should have just chilled out more.
Really?! I must have missed this.

Reactions: Ashley Evenson

DeGray12

Sexy Member
Media
San Felipe de Neri (New Mexico, United States)
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So apparently, if a gay guy has a masculine personality, its just 'straight-acting toxic masculinity and self hate'. I guess all gay guys have to be frilly little flamers with a high pitched voice and a lisp or else they are just terrible people.

I have never wanted to comment here before, but the ridiculousness of that mentality is just... jesus christ.

marrow

Superior Member
Media
So apparently, if a gay guy has a masculine personality, its just 'straight-acting toxic masculinity and self hate'. I guess all gay guys have to be frilly little flamers with a high pitched voice and a lisp or else they are just terrible people.

I have never wanted to comment here before, but the ridiculousness of that mentality is just... jesus christ.

i mean the fact that you just said "frilly little flamers with a high pitched voice and a lisp" basically highlights your own toxic masculinity and apparent self-hate. Yikes, dude!

DeGray12

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i mean the fact that you just said "frilly little flamers with a high pitched voice and a lisp" basically highlights your own toxic masculinity and apparent self-hate. Yikes, dude!

I'm so sorry you missed the very clearly exaggerated description. Why is that the go-to response? Are all gay guys you disagree with 'toxic males with self hate'? I don't think you can make assumptions about an entire person based on literally one sentence that you obviously missed the nuance of.

marrow

Superior Member
Media
I'm so sorry you missed the very clearly exaggerated description. Why is that the go-to response? Are all gay guys you disagree with 'toxic males with self hate'? I don't think you can make assumptions about an entire person based on literally one sentence that you obviously missed the nuance of.

i mean if you consider yourself a part of the gay community but dislike a huge swath of it because you see yourself as 'not that kind of gay' and sit in judgment their slightly feminine mannerisms... yeah. I think there is loads of self-hate buried somewhere in there and it is indeed toxic masculinity rearing it's ugly head.

i ain't even gonna lie. For years I used to side-eye bennyptweets because he's this super buff, burly masc-looking guy but has really feminine mannerisms. I had to stop and take a look at myself on that one and get a grip! o_O:sob::mask:

DeGray12

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i mean if you consider yourself a part of the gay community but dislike a huge swath of it because you see yourself as 'not that kind of gay' and sit in judgment their slightly feminine mannerisms... yeah. I think there is loads of self-hate buried somewhere in there and it is indeed toxic masculinity rearing it's ugly head.

i ain't even gonna lie. For years I used to side-eye bennyptweets because he's this super buff, burly masc-looking guy but has really feminine mannerisms. I had to stop and take a look at myself on that one and get a grip! o_O:sob::mask:

Ok, I am pretty confused here. Where did you get out of anything I said, that I 'dislike a huge swath of it' or that I don't see myself as 'that kind of gay'? You are making completely wild assumptions. Literally ALL I did was call out your comment about how if a guy acts masculine its bad, but if he acts feminine its good/normal. Like literally my whole point was there are many different kinds of gay people and there is nothing wrong with being masculine. It doesn't automatically mean toxic.

And from THAT, you make wild assumptions that I dislike all feminine gays and judge them. I don't want to sit here and turn this into throwing insults at each other, but come on. You have some serious issues if me disagreeing with your comment makes you assume I hate fem gays and all these other assumptions about who I am, you must be really sensitive towards anything you even 1% perceive as hating fem gays.

Ashley Evenson

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Yeah I do. I'm not worried about the looks but they seemed different prior to the movie. He had frat boy vibe going on back then.

As far as looks however since people are saying that he's looking older. While obviously he did age I think most of that is becuase he isn't as lean as he was years ago so his face is fuller.

Really?! I must have missed this.

I think his face is key for me, I don't think he looks older necessarily, or maybe I'm trying to say that's not the issue for me, but the face being fuller with the facial hair not looking ideal really messes him up for me compared to his more lean face, clean shaven look. Also, just not a fan of all the tattoos, especially the ones that have color. With that said, he does still have a great body, which I like, it's just not as nice as it use to be, as I imagine he doesn't focus on working out as much.

Also, to address the argument above, there is definitely self-hate in the community, with guys acting, if not hoping, to be more straight and masculine. With that said, that does not mean that you can't be both gay and more masculine. You can be any personality type and also be gay, same goes for both men and women. Sure, there are stereotypes, which I bet some people also adopt just to feel more close to the community (this can happen unconsciously), but you just are who you are, and that's it.

The thought of a theoretical "gay personality" doesn't make any sense, but there definitely is such thing as a "Hollywood gay" or "hipster gay," which I believe just develops from proximity to other similar gay men, the culture developing in an area under specific circumstances. Similarly, I have plenty of straight friends who have moved to NYC and they become far more hipster, assimilating to the culture. For Mark, I've always personally believed it was more about the culture he surrounded himself with than necessarily any sort of epiphany, but if he says it was about self-hate, then maybe it was, but that shouldn't then be assumed for every case, nor can we assess whether what he says is true or not because we don't actually know him like that.