Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Marley, you are a smart guy with some well thought out opinions. You obviously have your heart in many things you feel strongly about. What i'm afraid of is that all the time you've spent posting in a serious manner is going to be for nothing. You are going to end up making more enemies than friends because you are posting new threads incessantly.

This board used to be about random topics, now its about Marleyislegends gripe, charity, opinion of the hour.

Everyone is welcome to post as much as they want, but i have a feeling there is a strong undercurrent about to errupt on you for selfishly running the boards at your leisure.

When you create new threads, people can't just ignore you as your thread shows up in the new threads list and on that particular board. You won't let any thoughts settle for 2 minutes without creating a sub-thread about it.

You've become known as a person who is mainly concerned with race to the point where you bring it up in new threads more than people talk about it in ongoing threads.

You've started 58 new threads in 4 weeks. Most of which are on this board. You might want to evaluate your need to create new topics. Are you afraid that no one is going to be talking to one another? Are you worried that these topics will not be cared about if you don't bring them up? Do you feel the need to be the center of attention? Do you have some anxiety elsewhere that you are portraying in another way here? Do you do this merely for the personal interaction?

I'm not trying to be an ass here, because i've lost my mind recently by becoming way too obsessed with posting. I don't know if you realize where this might take you, especially here at lpsg.

Just food for thought while you are likely posting in another topic....

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
well i'm sure i'm on a few ignore lists, rightfully so though it would seem more based on my initial posts than anything recent. i walk on eggshells and try to post without bias and didn't think my post-whoring would be a problem since i'm not calling people fucktards and telling them they're going to hell for being gay or calling them whores because they're women. i often receive pm's from people who enjoy my posts and see past the 3 or 4 threads on race to the other things i talk about (sometimes it's not even about me!!!). if the general consensus of the board is marley's an asshole i'll gladly stop posting but i was under the impression that i'm atleast in the middle, being one of the lesser assholes if one at all.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
personally, don't have a problem with his posts or threads .. if I'm not interested, I simply skip over .. just like the "rate my ..." or "posted new pics" or others along that line ...

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
You've become known as a person who is mainly concerned with race to the point where you bring it up in new threads more than people talk about it in ongoing threads.

Maybe I've just been desensitized to it ("it" being black people calling racism on any sort of negative treatment from a white person), but I've noticed he actually does that relatively very little. And that's saying a lot for a double-minority. He could quite easily equate everything to racism and/or homophobia if he wanted to.

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
personally, don't have a problem with his posts or threads .. if I'm not interested, I simply skip over .. just like the "rate my ..." or "posted new pics" or others along that line ...

which is exactly what i do. if you don't like a post or thread, why go and read and look at it?

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
i'm not innocent by any means, i've been rude at times, but as of late, if my post-whoring tendency hasn't calmed, my attitude has (for the most part). i think there's a natural tendency to see the worst in people, so the humorous threads i post tend to get low view-counts and responses, but as soon as i say 'black' the count jumps into the hundreds. i'm gonna try to stop hogging the spotlight, but in my defense the biggest enemy to this thread is the gangs that harass other members and when the member fights back, they're labeled the antagonizer. one person can call someone a fat ugly bitch and it's congratulated and laughed at, then someone newer or less popular says the same thing and its world war three. in addition to slowing down new threads, i'm going to try to NOT be the one calling people fat ugly bitches (unless they're into that kinda thing)

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
What you do with your time is your own business marley. But I am going to comment that over 100 posts a day and 58 threads a month, makes me think you have a lpsg addiction problem. Don't you have a house to pack up and move?

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
Or atleast some lettuce to hate on... fucking vegetist. That's right, I can make up words, too.

Now if you'll excuse me, my dog is trying to bite her own ass off. I have to find an effective way to convince her that that's a bad idea.

uncut1234

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
all i ask is can you keep it all in one thread? you have tons of threads all about basically the same shit....... RACE.... frankly i dont give a fuck what color you or anyone is..and most people feel the same way.. the only one making it an issue, is you

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I agree.
Selective clicking and reading really works. :) I also do not know who the "everyone" applies to in "everyone is putting you on ignore" - only 4 ever made it to my ignore list (now it is empty), but MIS was never one of the few.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
all i ask is can you keep it all in one thread? you have tons of threads all about basically the same shit....... RACE.... frankly i dont give a fuck what color you or anyone is..and most people feel the same way.. the only one making it an issue, is you

can you please provide links to all these race-related threads i've started?? i seem to have lost them. i count a small handful, and most of them are so old i don't even post in them anymore.

uncut1234

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree.
Selective clicking and reading really works. :) I also do not know who the "everyone" applies to in "everyone is putting you on ignore" - only 4 ever made it to my ignore list (now it is empty), but MIS was never one of the few.

shut up and show us your other nipple!! :smile:

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
well i'm sure i'm on a few ignore lists, rightfully so though it would seem more based on my initial posts than anything recent. i walk on eggshells and try to post without bias and didn't think my post-whoring would be a problem since i'm not calling people fucktards and telling them they're going to hell for being gay or calling them whores because they're women. i often receive pm's from people who enjoy my posts and see past the 3 or 4 threads on race to the other things i talk about (sometimes it's not even about me!!!). if the general consensus of the board is marley's an asshole i'll gladly stop posting but i was under the impression that i'm atleast in the middle, being one of the lesser assholes if one at all.

I think you assume that because your intentions are pure that it's not annoying. Anytime anyone tries too hard to create conversation daily, make everyone ponder, apologize, take notice to every injustice in the world....it begins to do the opposite effect than you originally intended.

No one is saying you shouldn't post anymore. There isnt one extreme or the other, there is a middle ground that most people fall in. When you respond to someone elses thread it doesnt draw attention to yourself as it does when you make new threads.

People are saying "There he goes making another thread" and i don't want to see all the effort you've made begin to work against you.

uncut1234

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
can you please provide links to all these race-related threads i've started?? i seem to have lost them. i count a small handful, and most of them are so old i don't even post in them anymore.

im not here to do detective work.. dont be in denial
you either start them personally, or invade other threads and turn them into a race war, thats all you talk about is race related stuff pretty much... im sure there are some race forums where you can go argue these issues... enough is enough

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think you assume that because your intentions are pure that it's not annoying. Anytime anyone tries too hard to create conversation daily, make everyone ponder, apologize, take notice to every injustice in the world....it begins to do the opposite effect than you originally intended.

No one is saying you shouldn't post anymore. There isnt one extreme or the other, there is a middle ground that most people fall in. When you respond to someone elses thread it doesnt draw attention to yourself as it does when you make new threads.

People are saying "There he goes making another thread" and i don't want to see all the effort you've made begin to work against you.

Point taken. Guess my post-whoring bred thread-whoring and now I'm just a big ole messy whore all over lol, but I really am going to try to stop the thread-whoring. baby steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.