Married and bi.. with an urge to gay sex

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have never cheated on my wife nor do I condone it...but I can understand why it happens...it's a catch 22 situation because one needs things from both men and women and if one partner can't live with it, then there is a void that screams out to be filled.

The fact of the matter is that the more I love a man, the more deeply I love her as well because I am ever aware that the love that I experience with him is made possible by her being willing to allow it to happen...and the more that I love her, the more that I love him for being respectful of our marriage and his desire to never drive a wedge between us.

I know what you're getting at with you being in the Catch 22, and her not being in the same situation. But you contradict yourself. You've never cheated, but now you're in love with a man. If it's a sexless relationship with him, well then that's not cheating, but if it involves sex, then you are cheating. If she's willing to let if happen then it's now an open relationship, but only on your side, unless you let her see other guys. Of course you're more in love with her for allowing it to happen; you get the cake and you get to eat it too.

biguy2738

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I know what you're getting at with you being in the Catch 22, and her not being in the same situation. But you contradict yourself. You've never cheated, but now you're in love with a man. If it's a sexless relationship with him, well then that's not cheating, but if it involves sex, then you are cheating. If she's willing to let if happen then it's now an open relationship, but only on your side, unless you let her see other guys. Of course you're more in love with her for allowing it to happen; you get the cake and you get to eat it too.

No Italian, it's a case of you going through life with blinkers on and willing to only hear what you would like to.

Cheating takes place when I relate with someone on an emotional or sexual level as a lover BEHIND my wife's back...this isn't the case. She is fully aware of it and there are more time's than not when I am in conversation with my man and she's around, they end up saying hi to each other etc. In fact, we spent Christmas morning together...so where this is taking place behind her back or is deceitful (ie cheating) is beyond me.

Don't treat me with your misconception and discrimination when you do not know about my reality and havent bothered to read up about it before passing judgement.

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
No Italian, it's a case of you going through life with blinkers on and willing to only hear what you would like to.

Wrong.

Cheating takes place when I relate with someone on an emotional or sexual level as a lover BEHIND my wife's back...this isn't the case.

I agree. It is now an open relationship. It is not cheating. I said that. But if she is not allowed to have relationships with other men, then it's a one sided open relationship.

Don't treat me with your misconception and discrimination when you do not know about my reality and havent bothered to read up about it before passing judgement.

It's not a misconception. You now have permission, so you've gone from a monogamous relationship to an open one. Your words:

I have never cheated on my wife nor do I condone it...but I can understand why it happens...it's a catch 22 situation because one needs things from both men and women and if one partner can't live with it, then there is a void that screams out to be filled.

The fact of the matter is that the more I love a man, the more deeply I love her as well because I am ever aware that the love that I experience with him is made possible by her being willing to allow it to happen...and the more that I love her, the more that I love him for being respectful of our marriage and his desire to never drive a wedge between us.

Media
Almost nothing is sacred anymore. I love sex, don't get me wrong. I am not a prude, I am quite liberal in my thinking.

However, there is the issue of commitment to someone other than sexual urges/drives/fixation/fetish...whatever. To me is seems entirely selfish to go out and "get off" behind a partner's back especially since there seems to be no sign of an open relationship. (Which is something else I am not totally comfortable with either.)

I would never assume to dictate what is right and wrong for someone but the overall tone of the post sounded more along the lines of a sex addict or bottom pig if you will.

I find it hard to believe there is any love in the actions of someone who does such things, there are higher ideals in life to attain and self control usually is key in achieving those things. Following your libido and your dick around can lead you towards concerns for you health or safety.

A boat of any kind has the potential for a leak, especially the one you are in. Be honest with yourself first, that in itself is challenge enough. Then ask if you are alone because i don't think you are interested in quitting.

To quote a line i saw in a movie once : "Once you develop a taste for the abnormal, the appetite for the normal is diminished."

Balance in all things.

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hi,
I've been married for 12 years and during all this time I have been having gay sex with many other men... this used to be a once a year type of thing, but now it has become at least once a month..
during this time I have not lost my sexual appetite at home.. quite the contrary, things are great..
however the more gay men I meet, the more I want to meet others.. I am careful about protection, but I like exploring more every time... early on I was only a top, but now I enjoy more being a bottom.. after being fucked by some well hung guys, now I am lusting for double fucks, or fucking/being bucked at the same time, etc.. watching too many vids on xtube makes your imagination go crazy
it's a miracle that no one has ever caught me cheating, but I fear this will one day happen...
I'm sure there are many others like me... any advice or suggestions on how to curb the urge? I don't want it to go away, but I want to keep it under control..

This is my point of view. I think each person has to understand why he/she does what they do. Why is it that you want to have sex with these guys? Is it just for the physical pleasure or do they satisfy something deeper in you? When I've made love with a certain woman or a man, I realize why I'm with that person. There's a certain emotional and passionate satisfaction that comes from being with them. So to me I don't think it's a great thing to have other sexual relationships without your mate knowing about it. You feel bad about it, and it's unfair to her. If you and her truly love each other, then you should be able to communicate about your needs. I hope you don't end up hurting her or yourself. Take care bro.

biguy2738

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Wrong.

I agree. It is now an open relationship. It is not cheating. I said that. But if she is not allowed to have relationships with other men, then it's a one sided open relationship.

I'm sorry buddy, but I tend to disagree with you on all counts.

For a start, you are approaching this subject with blinkers. You are viewing me (us) based on your vision of the world as a straight person and basing your opinions upon them. Now please, don't get me wrong, you are entitled to your opinions and I respect them...just don't use the whole "having a cake and eat it line on me" because it's one of the most used misconceptions used on us.

On an emotional and sexual level both of you legs are fully functional and you have the freedom to walk. Being bi means that we have two legs but they aren't the same. Where is needing to use both of them when they are both functional "having one's cake and eating it"? Is it so difficult to accept or even consider that by not being allowed to be bisexual one is in fact doomed to living out an unfulfilling life because of a void that will never be filled and feelings/desires that one constantly has to suppress. And not in the sense of "craving for coffee, a cigarette or sweets" but an actual inborn deepseated need. It can be likened to emotional suffocation. Where is wanting to be able to breath deeply and fully greedy? Is it wrong to desire to live out an integrated and fulfilling reality so selfish? Try to project your feelings and desires for your wife/girlfriend onto a guy and ask yourself what you would do and how you would cope if you were only able to live out these feelings for one side, despite the fact that only half of your life is being satisfied.(These are rhetorical questions).

It may appear to be a one sided open relationship but what you are doing is placing my wife in the same playing field as me...and this isn't the case, nor can it ever be the same because we do not have the same sexual orientations. My wife's needs need to be met by a man ie me...and they are being met. My needs need to be met by a man and a woman. All of my needs that only a woman can give me are being met by my wife, which is why I do not need to have any kind of relationship with a woman except friendship. However, only half of my needs are being met by her. This means that I need to man to meet my other needs which means that when this happens all of my needs are being met just as it is with her.

Bisexuality is not as clear cut as you are trying to make it out to be. You have absolutely no idea what a difficult reality it is to live us, most especially when you try to live it out in a dignified and respectful manner.

I suggest that you read my blog when you have a chance, it's a very open and candid sharing about what I've gone through in not only trying to deal with and accept my being bi, but the confusion, pain and angst that comes along with living out something that is misunderstood by the majority - we are faced with a sea of gay and straight orientations - we do not fit in anywhere; misconception and discrimination is rife; and to a great extent, it's a secret society so there is little support or understanding out there. It's not just about, "gee, I'm horny let me hook up with a guy" or "I'm bored....", it can be a nightmare and it is for so many which is why more bisexuals commit suicide than gay or straight people.

MY BLOG

Primal_Savage

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hey, f_try2, two of my three fbuds here in Houston are just like you and we're all closeted bisexuals. The 4 of us have known each other since HS, and joke about the fact that we're sort of like 4 perverted badpuppies (tit, pit, crotch and cock hounds, except for the fact we're all in our late 30's). We hunt together, go camping and scuba diving (Canyon Lake, Lake Travis, Cozumel, Miami) together, Astros, Aeros and Texans games together. We're all cock pumpers and routinely have a boy's night out every couple of weeks and sometimes once a week. Today's one of the 1st Mardi Gras that we haven't gone to NOLA together. The two that are married won't fool around in Houston for fear of being caught, but if we're out of town it's another story. I really don't know how you can control the urge if you're sex crazed. Tho, I'm not married, my buds come first. I may be contributing to their unfaithfulness, but am certainly not the root of the problem.

BTW: biguy2738, Thanks for your post. You just saved me a diatribe in terms of a rebuttal. :lol:

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Almost nothing is sacred anymore. I love sex, don't get me wrong. I am not a prude, I am quite liberal in my thinking.

However, there is the issue of commitment to someone other than sexual urges/drives/fixation/fetish...whatever. To me is seems entirely selfish to go out and "get off" behind a partner's back especially since there seems to be no sign of an open relationship. (Which is something else I am not totally comfortable with either.)

I would never assume to dictate what is right and wrong for someone but the overall tone of the post sounded more along the lines of a sex addict or bottom pig if you will.

I find it hard to believe there is any love in the actions of someone who does such things, there are higher ideals in life to attain and self control usually is key in achieving those things. Following your libido and your dick around can lead you towards concerns for you health or safety.

A boat of any kind has the potential for a leak, especially the one you are in. Be honest with yourself first, that in itself is challenge enough. Then ask if you are alone because i don't think you are interested in quitting.

To quote a line i saw in a movie once : "Once you develop a taste for the abnormal, the appetite for the normal is diminished."

Balance in all things.

And excellent post from a newbie. :smile:

It may appear to be a one sided open relationship but what you are doing is placing my wife in the same playing field as me...and this isn't the case, nor can it ever be the same because we do not have the same sexual orientations. My wife's needs need to be met by a man ie me...and they are being met.

I understand that as I have told you before. But if she wants to go out and have sex with other men in the future for whatever reason--say variety--then you should be just as understanding of her needs.

My needs need to be met by a man and a woman. All of my needs that only a woman can give me are being met by my wife, which is why I do not need to have any kind of relationship with a woman except friendship. However, only half of my needs are being met by her. This means that I need to man to meet my other needs which means that when this happens all of my needs are being met just as it is with her.

Again, I get what you are saying, but someday she may want a man or men on the side.

Bisexuality is not as clear cut as you are trying to make it out to be. You have absolutely no idea what a difficult reality it is to live us, most especially when you try to live it out in a dignified and respectful manner.

I know what you are talking about and it is not clear cut. If your wife is okay with it, then that is dignified and respectful unlike the OP's situation.

I suggest that you read my blog when you have a chance, it's a very open and candid sharing about what I've gone through in not only trying to deal with and accept my being bi, but the confusion, pain and angst that comes along with living out something that is misunderstood by the majority - we are faced with a sea of gay and straight orientations - we do not fit in anywhere; misconception and discrimination is rife; and to a great extent, it's a secret society so there is little support or understanding out there. It's not just about, "gee, I'm horny let me hook up with a guy" or "I'm bored....", it can be a nightmare and it is for so many which is why more bisexuals commit suicide than gay or straight people.

I will read your blog, and I know where you are coming from. I've read the posts on here and many of you are down because you feel rejected by both straight and gays. As far as bisexuals having a higher suicide rate, I've never heard that before.

Tho, I'm not married, my buds come first. I may be contributing to their unfaithfulness, but am certainly not the root of the problem.

Of course you are not the root of the problem, but you are contributing to their cheating and see nothing wrong with it. As I said before to you, I don't know how you can look their wives straight in the face. You are not being a true friend. If one of them asked you to help him steal something I don't think you'd do it. Your friends should read Oh_Yeah's post. You certainly can find other male friends who are not attached.

widenine

Experimental Member
Media
I am truly excited about building and sustaining that durable, meaningful, "let's fight to stay together no matter what" partnership. I think I'm on my way. I do have some feedback about relationships and people who need to redefine them.

It seems that those of you who are mostly straight have a more traditional view of what a relationship should be. You're projecting what the wife would feel, the hurt, distrust and the betrayal of the man who shares her hypothetical nest (I know, she isn't a chicken :).

But be clear about the facts. A man will be who he is wired to be. Even if he does not physically engage in extra marital sex, and gives all that he can to his wife, he still knows and enjoys, maybe needs, another way.

If you impose heterosexual habits on him in his relationship, both he and his wife, without open communication, will feel a void. She will know it's there with or without the man's acknowledgment. Once the topic has been discussed, things will seem to make more sense. And they will both be in a position to mutually define the special boundaries of their union.

Years ago a bisexual buddy had this type of arrangement with his wife. She seemed to understand and they both seemed happy enough... and she also let it be known that she thought his small sized penis was just fine.

He returned from one of his business trips to find her enjoying animated sex with a straight, hairy stranger who ultimately leaped from the bed to his feet in fear. My friend is left with the image of a his small, innocent, understanding wife being pounded by a forceful, hairy ass.... attached to a dick that could only be called tremendous. He is still with his wife and sees a therapist.

biguy2738

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I understand that as I have told you before. But if she wants to go out and have sex with other men in the future for whatever reason--say variety--then you should be just as understanding of her needs.

Okay, I'm happy that I decided to log off and catch some zzz's with the intention of coming back today because I think that this is a case of "broken telephone" and I think that I'm reason behind it.

...there I said it. Happy now? :biggrin1: Now let me continue... hehehehe

Part of the reason why I've responded to your suggestion about allowing my wife to hook up with other men comes from the kind of situation that we are in.

For a start, I know my wife like I know myself (and vice versa which is why I think that she's open to my having a relationship with a man). Both of us place a great deal of value on sex...it isn't just a physical act. We both attach a lot of depth and value to it and see it as a spiritual experience just as much as a physical one. It's more than just an orgasm for both of us because we need to have very deep feelings for the other person before being willing to hand ourselves over in such a meaningful and intimate manner.

In my case, I think that she's accepting of the idea that I can have a sexual relationship with a man purely because it will be treated with the same approach and respect as it is with her. I am certainly not out there cruising for men or hooking up for casual encounters, in fact, up until I met a certain someone, I was sceptical that I'd ever have the opportunity to enjoy emotional intimacy with somebody special, let alone sexually - purely because I know the high standard that I set before myself and what I would be looking for in a man as well as his own attitudes and values system surrounding sex.

I need to have a meaningful relationship with a man because I am bisexual...the issue lies with me and not her. It's not as if I've lost interest in her or anything like that. I know her well enough to know that if she needed to be with another man, then it would purely be as a result of my not meeting her needs...and I have a problem with that because then I am the one with the problem/issues and I would like for us to talk about it, because in that sense of the word, it would be more about sex and I would like for her to enjoy the kind of bliss that I find from being married to her...and if it's a problem that can't be resolved, then I owe it to her to set her free so that she is able to pour 100% of herself into a relationship with someone capable of giving her what I can't.

I will not treat my sexual relationship with her in an undignified manner by speaking about it, however, I know how we relate with each other and with it comes an awareness that if she needs to have sex with somebody else, then the problem lies much deeper than just sex.

With that said and done, about a month after outing myself to her, I encountered a new member on a bisexual forum who was literally reeling from something that had just taken place in his life. He was out of town with a colleague, they went to a bar, got drunk and ended up in bed with each other. Up till that point he had no idea that he was bisexual (which trust me, it's like hell on it's own when you only realise it after you're married) but also had to contend with the fact that he had cheated on his wife. He was shattered and it led me to do a lot of reflecting.

As a result of his experience, I told my wife that much as I doubt that it would ever happen, but if she were to ever in up in bed with a man, there is ONE thing that I would like for her to focus on - SHE IS ALREADY FORGIVEN!!!! I know her well enough to know that she'd never actively go out and look for it so if anything, it happened at a time of weakness. I made her aware that I have forgiven her and I do not expect her to fess up to me because I wouldn't want her to even deal with the pained look on my face. Bear in mind that this took place at a time when this journey was still very new to me and I was adamant that I had no need to have any kind of relationship with a guy other than just as friends. It was only as my understanding grew that I was able to identify my needs.

The other reason why I am adamant about it happening is because my being bisexual and even growing to love a man has had a HUGE impact on our marriage...for the better. We have grown so incredibly close to each other. I have grown a lot. We have never been more open with each other and our emotional intimacy is at it's highest. In short, our marriage is better with me as her bisexual husband than it was when I thought that I was straight. Now when the two of us need emotional intimacy before being able to relate sexually with another, and our emotional intimacy is at such a high level, then why would she need to have sex with other men?

If she were a size queen, I could accept it. If I didn't satisfy her in bed, I could as well, but none of this is the case. If I no longer float her boat, then there are underlying problems that hooking up with other men won't solve. THAT is why I have a problem with such an idea...because if the problem isn't addressed, well then we may as well say that it's game over even before she hooks up with me, because THINGS will get worse and not because of the sex but because issues have been ignored.

I love the man in my life too deeply for me to be able to express it in words. However, my love for my wife is much stronger and she's aware of my love for him and for her. If things are to ever become sexual between him and me, it won't just be about the sex for either of us, but purely as a result of the love that I carry for him in my heart. I wouldn't be fucking, screwing or bonking him...I will be making love to him...and it would come from no other desire than to use my body to write my love for him all over his body.

I hope that you can understand why I have taken my stance a little better...when both, my wife and I have have this approach to sex, then it's difficult to accept either of us approaching it with attitudes that neither of us embrace.

badger2395

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

I think there's such a thing as emotional infidelity; cheating isn't defined by sex, or so it seems to me. But don't get too envious of his open relationship - having his cake and eating it, too, can happen in straight or gay relationships, as well. (Put another way, why should bi open relationships be judging any differently than straight or gay open relationships? If people are comfortable sharing intimacy with others, more power to them.)

thk8plus4u

Sexy Member
Media
great to know there are other in the same boat..

And does that make you feel better about yourself, knowing that?
You're cheating on your wife. You're also endangering her life, having sex with other men.
You're a cad, a heel and a liar. Women are smart; she'll catch on,
and hopefully leave your sorry ass a.s.a.p.

hungthickone

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I was told by another 'bi' married guy, "if it isn't with another woman, it aint cheatin" , and however he justified it to himself is his business and everyone has to figure it out for themselves. I would not mind if my wife had casual sex with another woman, and I really don't want to know if she did, unless she wanted to share and thats a whole other story!
So I try to keep my urges in check but SOMETIMES they get the best of me!

ScubaSkier

Admired Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Very complicated subject and I can definitely see both sides of it (having been there!). While I never did feel that I was cheating when I was having a quick JO at the gym, I did feel really weird when my ex wife admitted that she'd been with another man, and just for sex. I was not sure how to feel about that, and kept wondering who it was. Strangely, it was the feeling of being cuckolded that got me more than anything else. So, if you play around, think of how you'd feel if your wife was doing the same - and with another guy. I think that is a realistic way to frame the discussion.

Gonzo3

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hi,
I've been married for 12 years and during all this time I have been having gay sex with many other men... this used to be a once a year type of thing, but now it has become at least once a month..
during this time I have not lost my sexual appetite at home.. quite the contrary, things are great..
however the more gay men I meet, the more I want to meet others.. I am careful about protection, but I like exploring more every time... early on I was only a top, but now I enjoy more being a bottom.. after being fucked by some well hung guys, now I am lusting for double fucks, or fucking/being bucked at the same time, etc.. watching too many vids on xtube makes your imagination go crazy
it's a miracle that no one has ever caught me cheating, but I fear this will one day happen...
I'm sure there are many others like me... any advice or suggestions on how to curb the urge? I don't want it to go away, but I want to keep it under control..
......What about the deceit of it all. Good luck dude.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I have such a serious problem with cheating I can't tell you, having been twice on the wrong side of it. As far as I'm concerned, its very simple. It comes down to honesty. You owe her the respect of allowing her the decision of whether or not she feels comfortable with you fulfilling needs outside of your relationship with her. If that is acceptable in her life. If it is, fine. She can then choose to redefine the rules of your marriage to accomodate her now broader understanding of who you are. However, if she finds this antithetical to her own morals or values or perceptions of how she wants to live her life or conduct her relationships, then she can end the marriage on her own terms. Dishonesty is the purest form of disrespect and selfishness.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you're married fidelity is an essential part of your marriage unless it was understood before you married or an understanding reached while married that it was to be open. I don't care if a man does like having sex with another guy, if he's married he's limited his options to having sex with his wife - she may be brunette and he likes blondes that doesn't mean because his needs for a blonde aren't fulfilled it's ok for him to go round fucking blondes, his marriage contract with her means she's the one he's chosen and if he can't stick to that he shouldn't take the dishonest step of getting married in the first place.

dudepiston

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I've been there, so I can identify. I've never acted upon it, but being bi has definitely thrown a wrench in the whole machine for me in my life.

We aren't given a rulebook about this! No one is. We have to figure these things out for ourselves.

SP, you're making a lot of assumptions here. Marriage isn't the same for everybody, but I think you're assuming it is, or should be. I will agree with you on the point that it is a marriage contract...that is, it's a legal binding state. If you cheat in any form you could be sued by your wife, even though it may seem to you that she's "ok" with the activity. It's just a another of the realities that bi people must face. I think personally it's best to save your arse, and fantasize & masturbate about guys but have sex with your wife like you always have. You'll live, and you'll be happier, probably, in the long run. Sometimes we DO have to live with the choices we made when we're younger.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No it isn't the same for everyone which is why I was at pains to point out that if you had an understanding that fidelity wasn't a part of it that was ok. Unless there's a voiced agreement that you're going to fuck around then fidelity IS a part of what the majority of people understand marriage to be.

thk8plus4u

Sexy Member
Media
While I never did feel that I was cheating when I was having a quick JO at the gym... quote]

Here's an easy way to find out if what you're doing is right or wrong in a marriage: TELL YOUR PARTNER WHAT YOU DID.

Oh, you HAVEN'T told her? That's because you know it's wrong.
If you feel it wasn't cheating, and what you did was okay, TELL HER.

The reason people DON'T tell their partners about these encounters is because they KNOW IT IS WRONG.

Do the right thing. We all know what that is.