Married Couples That Use Condoms

D

deleted817718

Are there any other married men in committed monogamous marriages that primarily use condoms as there chosen methods of contraception?
When I have told people that my wife and I use condoms people have had some totally crazy reactions, like they can’t understand why we would not be using some other contraception.

we’ve been married for 8 years and together for 10. The pill doesn’t work well for her, as it causes depression, and she would rather not try a coil or other internal devices, so we settled on condoms being our choice. In 10 years we have had sex about 3 times unprotected, when we trialed me pulling out as an option. Obviously this was a stupid idea and the third time we tried it ended with a trip to a chemist to get a morning after pill, and a sit down chat about us having a rule of “no condom=no sex. No exceptions”

D

deleted817718

Well if you two are sure that no more kids are in the future one of you could go and get sterilized. Quick and very effective.
We have discussed that, and it is a possibility for the future, but right now we are happy with how things are.

D

deleted814719

My wife and I, along with about 5 other couples where the women were my wife's high school classmates, used a somewhat "rhythm" method of birth control when we first married. I've forgotten the actual name of the process but there was a lot of charting, checking vaginal conditions, periods, etc. We followed that closely but when it was an unsafe time, we used condoms and both of us enjoyed the sex.

After our two sons were born and we had decided that two was enough, I got a vasectomy and never had to use condoms again.

Condoms are safe, cheap, and easy to use. My wife and I didn't want her to take birth control pills for the odd-chance that she might have some adverse reaction. We survived. I never thought that I was being "cheated" by using a condom.

cofrader

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Are there any other married men in committed monogamous marriages that primarily use condoms as there chosen methods of contraception?
When I have told people that my wife and I use condoms people have had some totally crazy reactions, like they can’t understand why we would not be using some other contraception.

we’ve been married for 8 years and together for 10. The pill doesn’t work well for her, as it causes depression, and she would rather not try a coil or other internal devices, so we settled on condoms being our choice. In 10 years we have had sex about 3 times unprotected, when we trialed me pulling out as an option. Obviously this was a stupid idea and the third time we tried it ended with a trip to a chemist to get a morning after pill, and a sit down chat about us having a rule of “no condom=no sex. No exceptions”
I’m with you on this I used to use condoms as protection on my relationship and married as a birth control unless we are looking. A friend of us used to use the pill but it changed her mood radically she realized after she quit using then.
If you are not sure if you want more kids I will use condoms, you can change your opinion after a few years unless you already have too many

Reactions: deleted817718

MrTMT

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Based on what I know even today, condom is still a highly prefer choice for prevention of pregnancies for couples that living in third world countries. Since not many other methods are available or due to side effects as mentioned from a few replied here. I used condoms after my wife had her first pregnancy and we managed to go with that for about 3 years until my wife asked for a 2nd one, believe it or not, I didn't use the condom just one time and she got pregnant right there.

D

deleted817718

Based on what I know even today, condom is still a highly prefer choice for prevention of pregnancies for couples that living in third world countries. Since not many other methods are available or due to side effects as mentioned from a few replied here. I used condoms after my wife had her first pregnancy and we managed to go with that for about 3 years until my wife asked for a 2nd one, believe it or not, I didn't use the condom once time and she got pregnant right there.
Well done for knocking her up so quickly. You must be super fertile!
We aren’t planning on having any children, so condoms are an every time thing for us. Also my wife likes that it’s so much nicer to not have to clean herself up so much after sex

Reactions: Summer of 1973

Mike hung

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Hardly ever, find it less intimate.
My wife used to use the pill back in the day but had to come off it due to another medication she had to start taking, we opted for condoms for a short while until one broke before I had chance to pull out and she fell pregnant. From then on she's been on the contraceptive injections every three months, it was a total game changer for both of us, no pills for her to have to remember, her periods stopped dead so don't have to put up with her getting cranky and also means there's no time we can't have sex, win win.
Is there any reason your missus can't have the injections?

MrTMT

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well done for knocking her up so quickly. You must be super fertile!
We aren’t planning on having any children, so condoms are an every time thing for us. Also my wife likes that it’s so much nicer to not have to clean herself up so much after sex
Thanks man, being super fertile is one and being at the right place at the right time is also the other one, it takes two.
Looking back at those years when I was using condoms, I did enjoyed trying out various type/made of condoms, which helped mixing up and not same one every time.

Do you just into one particular type/brand or do you have a mix of condoms? Now a day, I see some condoms come with vibrations or other flavors.

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
For us birth control has no longer been a concern for many years since I had a vasectomy after the last kid and she went through early menopause less than two years afterward. Prior to that, she was on the pill fairly exclusively.

About the only time we used condoms for birth control was the several weeks after I did get fixed, since she was off the pill due to the pregnancy and didn't want to resume it for the short time till I become 100% sterile.

The only other time we used them between us and for non-birth control purposes was when we first started swinging. Both the other couples and ourselves were adamant about using them but since I was not used to wearing one, I found it hard to keep an erection. The solution was to also use them for our lovemaking (and during masturbation) as sort of a way to build up a "tolerance" so it wouldn't be so foreign with someone else (it only half worked :().

Other than those instances there's been no reason to and neither one of us could imagine being deprived of that feeling of me coming inside her bareback. So to be honest, it is a little odd to me; especially since it has been mentioned there are ways to achieve the safety of non-pregnancy without either the pill or condoms, assuming both people no longer want kids. But what ever works for you.

D

deleted817718

Thanks man, being super fertile is one and being at the right place at the right time is also the other one, it takes two.
Looking back at those years when I was using condoms, I did enjoyed trying out various type/made of condoms, which helped mixing up and not same one every time.

Do you just into one particular type/brand or do you have a mix of condoms? Now a day, I see some condoms come with vibrations or other flavors.
The brand we use most is Pasante Extra. They are the thickest condoms sold in British stores and have been our choice of condoms for a while now. We use the thicker ones to help me last longer, and I kind of like the feel of them now. You can definitely tell that you are wearing a condom, which I find a turn on.

D

deleted817718

Hardly ever, find it less intimate.
My wife used to use the pill back in the day but had to come off it due to another medication she had to start taking, we opted for condoms for a short while until one broke before I had chance to pull out and she fell pregnant. From then on she's been on the contraceptive injections every three months, it was a total game changer for both of us, no pills for her to have to remember, her periods stopped dead so don't have to put up with her getting cranky and also means there's no time we can't have sex, win win.
Is there any reason your missus can't have the injections?
My wife wouldn’t try injections. Anything that is going to mess with her hormones is a hard no, as things like this have caused her to suffer depression in the past.
We have talked about me having a vasectomy, but we don’t see much point in it really, as we are both happy to use condoms, and don’t find it less intimate, just less messy

Reactions: Mike hung

Mike hung

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My wife wouldn’t try injections. Anything that is going to mess with her hormones is a hard no, as things like this have caused her to suffer depression in the past.
We have talked about me having a vasectomy, but we don’t see much point in it really, as we are both happy to use condoms, and don’t find it less intimate, just less messy
Well if it works for you guys don't try and fix it, sounds like a perfect way of providing contraception for you two. My wife and myself just knew we'd have to find a different option as condoms often break with friction, when we were using them I'd always try to pull out before busting just in case but in the heat of the moment it's easily misjudged in certain positions which is how she fell pregnant again. She'd tried rods before and didn't get on with those, luckily the injections have worked out just fine for her with no side effects apart from a little weight gain.

Reactions: deleted817718
D

deleted817718

Well if it works for you guys don't try and fix it, sounds like a perfect way of providing contraception for you two. My wife and myself just knew we'd have to find a different option as condoms often break with friction, when we were using them I'd always try to pull out before busting just in case but in the heat of the moment it's easily misjudged in certain positions which is how she fell pregnant again. She'd tried rods before and didn't get on with those, luckily the injections have worked out just fine for her with no side effects apart from a little weight gain.
We definitely won’t be changing what isn’t broken. It’s been over 10 years since we had sex without using them, so it feels totally totally normal. It would feel odd to fuck without one on now. Not sure it would feel right to me now lol
We have never had one break. We often use lube though, to make things slide in right

Reactions: Mike hung

MrTMT

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The brand we use most is Pasante Extra. They are the thickest condoms sold in British stores and have been our choice of condoms for a while now. We use the thicker ones to help me last longer, and I kind of like the feel of them now. You can definitely tell that you are wearing a condom, which I find a turn on.
Good to know you've something that works for both of you, there is always something for everyone. Although I don't use condom any more, but I do have condom fetish. Whenever I found a used condom with cum inside, it's a huge turned on for me.

D

deleted817718

Good to know you've something that works for both of you, there is always something for everyone. Although I don't use condom any more, but I do have condom fetish. Whenever I found a used condom with cum inside, it's a huge turned on for me.
I don’t have that fetish at all. Other people’s used condoms are gross