married/relationship people... PLEASE STOP!

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by D_Maurice Mountlilly, Apr 29, 2010.

1. D_Maurice Mountlilly

D_Maurice Mountlilly Account Disabled

i got set up at a "casual" lunch at a married couple's house today.
    they played it off so well(along with the other two women there who are in commited relationships as well,but they were both solo 'cause thier husbands were at work)the woman they tried to set me up with was a new neighbor that moved down the block from the married couple.
    she's from wisconsin,has a great job,great personality,attractive ect.
    but there wasn't a spark there for me.every chance they got they would try to pair us up,and even try to make plans for us all to be together somehow.afterwards when it was just me and my friend(the man of the married couple)he couldn't understand why i didn't ask out his neighbor.
    and he asked me when i was going to be happy again.
    i explained to him(as calmly as i could)that i am happy but i'm trying to get my life back together,and i'm not ready to be in a relationship just yet. yes i know i'm 37 but shit! i'm just not where i wanna be at right now.
    this isn't the first time my married/relationship friends have done this to me.thanks but no thanks.

2. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    I've never set anyone up who didn't ask me to do it because he/she had a crush or an interest in someone specific. I have had a few friends ask me to find someone for him, it's always a man who makes this request, but I've never done that. I can never tell who will like whom.

3. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

Yeah people really think they know you, or know the other person and like you and like the other person and think Wow these two will be perfect. They also want kudos for being right if you do work out and think they are helping you along in finding that perfect match.

It's annoying as all get out though and it's like how the religious people keep trying to get you to go to church.

4. B_Hung Jon

B_Hung Jon New Member

There have been variations on this thread many times on this site. Lucky for me where I live and the people I hang out with don't do this sort of thing. But it seems to be common in most of society. Mademoiselle Rouge has said it very well. However I would add that if these people are truly friends of yours, then they should have some insight into who you are as a person. You'd think they'd support what decisions you make about your life. I do feel though in dominant middle-class culture, married couples have this tendency to think everyone should be like them.

5. lopo2000

Gold Member

Well, you know yourself better and if you say you're not ready, then you're not. Take your time, but hope it's not too long. I'm sure you'll get there someday. But if I were you, I'd feel lucky to have such friends who care about me.

6. chesz001

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    maybe,i could set them up for a blind date but that's just it..

7. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    What's that expression? Misery loves company?

Draft saved Draft deleted