Married to a person who suddenly becomes really religious.

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by StraightCock4Her, Jan 15, 2009.

1. StraightCock4Her

StraightCock4Her New Member

This is my biggest fear. If she becomes lesbian suddenly I would feel bad but at least that would be an easy fix- just divorce her.

How could I deal with my wife becoming a religious zealot all of a sudden? That's not really grounds for divorce and I would have to try to work her through it. It would be painstaking and like if she wouldn't pull out of her idiospasm, I would have wasted even more time- possibly years trying to work it out with her before I divorce her.

Also, imagine if we had kids.. If she wanted to like put them in religious school and force them into her religion I might just slap a ho.

2. bguy

bguy Member

I don't know how different Texas' laws are regarding divorce, but most states nowadays just use 'irreconcilable differences' so that it's much easier to get a divorce.

3. StraightCock4Her

I know that but I meant for my standards, not the law's.

4. Principessa

Gold Member

Unlike some people I've met since moving to the south, who got married right out of high school and stayed married for 20+ years. You are no where near mature or ready for such a momentous endeavor.

Seriously dude, you are making up excuses for divorce. :wtf2:

5. ronnieboy

ronnieboy Member

ok njqt, nice job not passing judgement. who knows how mature or ready this guy is? getting married out of high school or at 20 years old has nothing to do with how great at marriage you'll be. last time i checked, according to statistics, getting married at 30 or 40 surely isnt much better.

but StraightCock4Her, why are you worried about this? it could possibly be grounds for divorce...'irreconcilable differences' is what most people claim these days...

6. thadjock

Gold Member

Albums:
    ya i'm always a little suspect of those grand religious conversions that happen later in life, usually they seem to coincide with a life altering event or loss or guilt that the person is psychologically unable to deal with, and they turn to faith, which doesn't really require them to actually "resolve the issue".

at any rate it would be a very tough problem to deal with, you can talk till you're blue in the face and the new believer will never stop clinging to their faith. religion allows people to step outside reality, maybe it's a mental defense mechanism.

or maybe i'm just a cynical bastard? lol

good luck strightcock4her,

u must have had a red flag come up that makes you think this is a possibility?

7. Hippie Hollow Girl

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    So, are you worried about this because your current girlfriend has the potential to become a religious zealot? Or is it because you live in Texas and it is in the Bible Belt?

I would think only marrying someone that you can really communicate with and make sure that the two of you are on the same plane or of the same mindset would be important. So if the female is a little bit religious or from a religious upbringing would that be a deal breaker?

You could always add a prenuptial agreement or something in the marriage vows to help her remember.

Maybe you could join an agnostic or atheist church so that way you would meet other people like yourself that are not religious?

8. Principessa

Gold Member

9. crescendo69

Gold Member

Join a church that is even more zealous than hers, making her look like the "sinner".:biggrin1:

I know of women that have kept the faith for many years, praying for their husbands' conversion. One took a set of her husband's clothes to church each Sunday for years, placing them on the seat next to her.

I never did follow up on these couples.

10. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    What if I marry a woman and it turns out that she's a fembot or an extra-terrestrial alien? :eek:

11. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:

Dude, you don't needs no excuses to do that...every ho needs a good bitchslappin' on a regular basis. In fact, not backhanding ya bitch on a daily basis would be neglecting your duty as a man. You are a real man, ain'tcha?

12. ronnieboy

ronnieboy Member

13. crossy

Gold Member

Some women become very religious after there 12th orgasm obtained by frottage exclusively, with husband. Is it hard for you to accept Our Lord and Saviour as your Friend? Divorce is not a good alternative. Study Scripture. Sing "God of our Fathers" daily in the key of F. Say a blessing before meals. Do you wish to be celibate the rest of your life? LPSG folks will help you. Have you ever jelqued reading the ACTS of the Apostles?

14. THEDUDEofDestiny

Gold Member

just dont date a stupid girl. this will keep you clear of religion

15. Drifterwood

Gold Member

I'm trying not to.

16. StraightCock4Her

How is it that I'm making up excuses for a divorce when I am not religious and if my wife became extremely religious I would eventually end up hating her? Wouldn't this, you know, be like a real reason?

A prenup that specifies that sudden or gradual religiousity would cause her to lose all parental rights besides visitation is a splendid idea!!! I find the idea of an agnostic or atheist church to be almost revolting. The word church denotes prayer or worship to me... Maybe a club of some kind?

Draft saved Draft deleted