Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
There are 2 Mutants who would tie for 1st Place, with one honorable mention

Jean Grey, when she was possessed by the Phoenix force. as she could literally destroy suns and did

Franklin Richards the son of Fantastic 4s Reid and Sue Richards. As a toddler his mutant powers kicked it and he was on the verge of destroying the universe. His father put him into a coma and installed psychic barriers on his brain to prevent hi from using more than a portion of his power.

Next would be Eric Lehnsherr, Magneto. He has the power to push the earth out of its orbit

Oxnard

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi guys I just wanna know who knows a lot about the Marvel Universe.

Who do you think is the strongest mutant ever? I wanna exclude One-above-all.
The One Above All is not a mutant, but a cosmic being, and the Marvel in-universe analog of the Abrahamic god.

Mutants are a particular strain of humanity.

Reactions: Hatt_101

Oxnard

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There are 2 Mutants who would tie for 1st Place, with one honorable mention

Jean Grey, when she was possessed by the Phoenix force. as she could literally destroy suns and did

Franklin Richards the son of Fantastic 4s Reid and Sue Richards. As a toddler his mutant powers kicked it and he was on the verge of destroying the universe. His father put him into a coma and installed psychic barriers on his brain to prevent hi from using more than a portion of his power.

Next would be Eric Lehnsherr, Magneto. He has the power to push the earth out of its orbit
Magneto boasts that he could tear the world in two, and most of his enemies believe him, but even he pales in comparison to anyone who has been possessed by the Phoenix Force (e.g. Jean Grey). As you point out, Phoenix eats stars. Then again, the Phoenix Force is a cosmic entity, so a mutant augmented by the Phoenix Force is not at all the same thing as a normal mutant.

I would say Franklin Richards would be the most powerful mutant, although in the present he is a toddler and his full powers won't come until puberty.

Reactions: ronin001

Oxnard

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Other candidates: David Haller (son of Charles Xavier) had the power to warp reality. Scarlet Witch can also change reality, and do so in fairly profound ways. Sadly, Wanda is a bit crazy and David was a lot crazy.

Oxnard

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Xavier's crazy twin sister places no moral restrictions on her equally powerful telepathic abilities and once toppled an interstellar empire.

Oxnard

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It sounds like the original poster doesn't quite understand the concept of mutants. If we include non-mutants, Dr. Strange is the officially-appointed guardian of the whole dimension and is not to be fucked with. He's just a normal human with training in magic.

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
Other candidates: David Haller (son of Charles Xavier) had the power to warp reality. Scarlet Witch can also change reality, and do so in fairly profound ways. Sadly, Wanda is a bit crazy and David was a lot crazy.

Is Wanda still a mutant? I know they retconned out Magneto being her father, but I'm unsure of if she's still a mutant or not.

Oxnard

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Is Wanda still a mutant? I know they retconned out Magneto being her father, but I'm unsure of if she's still a mutant or not.
Could be. I haven't read any comics recently other than the new Ms. Marvel, which is made of pure epic.

I completely missed the storyline in which Wanda removed the meant gene from most of the world.

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
Could be. I haven't read any comics recently other than the new Ms. Marvel, which is made of pure epic.

I completely missed the storyline in which Wanda removed the meant gene from most of the world.

House of M was a long time ago.

Right now, I think to distance the Maximoff twins and the rest of the MU from the X-Men, they've revealed that Quicksilver and SW are not Magneto's kids. A horrible retcon in my mind, but to be expected when Marvel doesn't own the full rights to certain characters. Just look at what they did to poor Namor.

Reactions: Oxnard

Oxnard

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
House of M was a long time ago.

Right now, I think to distance the Maximoff twins and the rest of the MU from the X-Men, they've revealed that Quicksilver and SW are not Magneto's kids. A horrible retcon in my mind, but to be expected when Marvel doesn't own the full rights to certain characters. Just look at what they did to poor Namor.
Yeah, I stopped reading comic books regularly a long, long time ago.

And I agree that the retcon sounds terrible.

Marvel is clearly screwing with the mutant characters in the comic books just to screw with FOX, which angers me because the mutant titles were my favorite when I was reading regularly.

On the FOX side of things, I like that they amplified the GLBT metaphors, but I don't like that they toned down the racism metaphors.

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
Yeah, I stopped reading comic books regularly a long, long time ago.

And I agree that the retcon sounds terrible.

Marvel is clearly screwing with the mutant characters in the comic books just to screw with FOX, which angers me because the mutant titles were my favorite when I was reading regularly.

On the FOX side of things, I like that they amplified the GLBT metaphors, but I don't like that they toned down the racism metaphors.

The mutants were always a better metaphor for homosexuality than race. The idea of having a secret trait that if revealed would turn you into a pariah and social outcast is much more analogues to homosexuality than race.

I always had a soft spot for The Black Queen BUT you'd think an ancient witch wielding such immense powers would be able to conjure clothes.
*sigh*
I always think that female comic characters regardless of how strong they are, were developed for 40 year old male virgins still living in their mom's basement.

Reactions: ronin001 and Oxnard

Oxnard

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I always had a soft spot for The Black Queen BUT you'd think an ancient witch wielding such immense powers would be able to conjure clothes.
*sigh*
I always think that female comic characters regardless of how strong they are, were developed for 40 year old male virgins still living in their mom's basement.
The target audience is teenagers, at least before the 1990s.

Thankfully, with the changing demographics of modern comic book readers, comic books are working harder to appeal to young women. The computer games industry is trying to do the same thing, but I don't think they are doing that as well.

Krusader

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Onslaught (Not a mutant)
Thanos with a full Infinity Gauntlet (Not a mutant)
Galactus (Not a mutant)
Franklin Richards
Nate Grey
Hulk (If he's really angry)
Jean Grey with Phoenix Force
Sentry
Scarlet Witch
Black Bolt

These i can think on the op of my head.

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Magneto boasts that he could tear the world in two, and most of his enemies believe him, but even he pales in comparison to anyone who has been possessed by the Phoenix Force (e.g. Jean Grey). As you point out, Phoenix eats stars. Then again, the Phoenix Force is a cosmic entity, so a mutant augmented by the Phoenix Force is not at all the same thing as a normal mutant.

I would say Franklin Richards would be the most powerful mutant, although in the present he is a toddler and his full powers won't come until puberty.

Franklyn's powers manifested when he was an infant. And this act scared his father to the point he shot the kid with some kind of weapon to put him in a coma. Reed realizes that Franklyn not only could se the universe, but alter / destroy it with a thought.

At the end of the Onslaught Comic series, Franklyn creates an alternate reality for the heroes to live on . Always remember comic book time does not move at the same speed of normal time. Franklyn would be about 35 years old now,

Presently it is only his fathers limitation implants on his mind that keeps him from having more access to hip mutant powers

Oxnard

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Franklyn's powers manifested when he was an infant. And this act scared his father to the point he shot the kid with some kind of weapon to put him in a coma. Reed realizes that Franklyn not only could se the universe, but alter / destroy it with a thought.

At the end of the Onslaught Comic series, Franklyn creates an alternate reality for the heroes to live on . Always remember comic book time does not move at the same speed of normal time. Franklyn would be about 35 years old now,

Presently it is only his fathers limitation implants on his mind that keeps him from having more access to hip mutant powers
OK, I am waaaaaay out of date on my info about the Marvel universe. Heh.

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
*sigh*

The original artists who drew female superheroes did not draw them as super models. You could tell they were female; but in no way sexy.

Attachments