Marvel universe

Oxnard

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The original artists who drew female superheroes did not draw them as super models. You could tell they were female; but in no way sexy.
Yeah, but you can't deny that outrageous sexualization has been rampant in comic books for decades.

In fact She-Hulk breaks the fourth wall specifically to make fun of that.

Think about that for a minute. When that happens, it is mostly male comic book writers making fun of their male comic book fans for being a little too fond of the cheesecake. And most of us laughed at those parts, didn't we? That alone suggests that the sexualization got a bit out of control.

I get why it happened.

Comic book artists are working under insane deadlines, and it's simply easier to draw really tight costumes because you have to draw the naked body before figuring out how the clothes drape over the form. Loose clothes take more work and more time.

So I imagine they got positive feedback from male fans and kept making the breasts bigger and the poses more outrageous until having She-Hulk openly mock the fans sounded like a good idea to everyone.

Reactions: ronin001

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In regards to mutants in the Marvel Universe, it's Franklin Richards.

He has fought Celestials and defeated them. He has also CREATED life.

The pocket universe that he created, that all the heros went to ensure Onslaught was defeated has new life that he created.

He is more powerful that Odins brother, who turned the Thing, into rampaging engine of comic powered destruction, during the Fear sotry arc.

Franklin reverted him back to his normal self with no problem.

Phoenix, while powerful, has been said was one step below the Creator (God).

Franklin created an entire universe, filled with new life from nothing and kept it with him as a blue ball.

At the end of the latest Secret Wars, Mr Fantastic, filled with the power of all the dead Beyonders, asks Franklin for help to recreate the multiverse.

Another mutant that should be on the list, but isn't in the same league as Franklin Richards, is Dazzler.

Each cell in her body can absorb and store an unlimited amount of sound. Glactus once had her absorb the sound of the birth of the universe. He then sent her into a black hole to capture Terrax (which she did, easily). Even the Beyonder, stated that she was one of the most powerful mutants in the world.

In regards to the Scarlet Witch & Quick Silver (and a lot of other mutants), the big push now, is they are not mutants at all but rather members of the Inhumans. That's why Magneto isn't their father anymore.

Marvel and the movie studios that owns the rights, made that decision and retconned it into the comic books.

Totally STUPID idea. This only proves to me that people have forgotten who to write original stories.

Sklar

kennethmarkzamora

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It sounds like the original poster doesn't quite understand the concept of mutants. If we include non-mutants, Dr. Strange is the officially-appointed guardian of the whole dimension and is not to be fucked with. He's just a normal human with training in magic.

yes im sorry i am human and i make mistakes. i realized i wrote mutant instead of character. that should bave been character. my bad!

Oxnard

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
yes im sorry i am human and i make mistakes. i realized i wrote mutant instead of character. that should bave been character. my bad!
If you aren't a comic book nerd, how would you know?

Mutants are an evolutionary branch of humanity, and the standard metaphor for racism and GLBT issues in the Marvel universe. Basically the X-Men and related heroes and villains. (Used to be a huge branch of the Marvel universe.)

Inhumans are another branch of humanity that is the result of experimentation by an alien race (Kree) that wanted to turn ancient humans into weapons for their endless stupid wars. Marvel is trying to set them up as the new metaphor for racism as part of their pissing match with FOX. The Inhumans will get their own Marvel movie later, and Captain Marvel will get her powers from Kree technology.

The Eternals and Deviants are two more branches of humanity that were the result of experiments by Celestials (space gods). I think the Asgardians are Eternals, as are the Greek gods. You saw a severed head of a Celestial in Guardians of the Galaxy. Thor is obviously an Eternal. Thanos was born to Eternal parents, but because they are closely related, they sometimes give birth to Deviants like Thanos. Thanos is the Marvel universe equivalent of Thanatos.

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
No, the Norse Gods and the Greek Gods are just that, Gods. They come our (i.e. reality's mythos). They were not created by the celestials or the kree.

Now, if we are talking the most powerful Marvel character, that's another thing.

Although, I would still top out Franklin Richards as Marvel's most powerful character, Thanos would be second along with Galactus. I would also say the Fury, from Captain Britain, would rank up there, too. Captain Britains girlfriend, Megan, I would saw would tie with Franklin Richards. She is an Omnimorph and can literally change into other people and get their powers, too. She was able to match the power of Galactus and, when she morphed into Rachel Summers, when she was the host to the Phoenix Force, she became Phoenix, too.

Sklar

Reactions: Oxnard

Hatt_101

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It was because not all mutants could hide their mutation most wore it on the out side like beast nightcrawler, the morlocks, angel, mystic etc. People like wolverine and Xavier were the lucky ones that could hide. Just like in x2 when Kurt asks mystic why she doesn't look normal all the time and she said we shouldn't have to.

That's why it's more closely relatable to race because the outward appearance for a lot was physically different than non mutants. And while we are all the same people of different ethnicities are visibly different from whites who are usually the majority In northamerica. .
The mutants were always a better metaphor for homosexuality than race. The idea of having a secret trait that if revealed would turn you into a pariah and social outcast is much more analogues to homosexuality than race.

Reactions: Oxnard and alcor972

Hatt_101

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If we're talking just the mutants then it sure aside from what has already been said.

If you're talking most powerful marvel character that's a whole different discussion the be yonder at one point I'd say was the most powerful in the marvel universe

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Correct, If the original question is for most powerful Super powered beings and not just limited to Mutants , then the list would be expanded

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
No, the Norse Gods and the Greek Gods are just that, Gods. They come our (i.e. reality's mythos). They were not created by the celestials or the kree.

Now, if we are talking the most powerful Marvel character, that's another thing.

Although, I would still top out Franklin Richards as Marvel's most powerful character, Thanos would be second along with Galactus. I would also say the Fury, from Captain Britain, would rank up there, too. Captain Britains girlfriend, Megan, I would saw would tie with Franklin Richards. She is an Omnimorph and can literally change into other people and get their powers, too. She was able to match the power of Galactus and, when she morphed into Rachel Summers, when she was the host to the Phoenix Force, she became Phoenix, too.

Sklar

You left out the molecule man, Onslaught and an honorable mention to Apocalypse

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
See, I believe in what Cap is doing, but you've gotta think of the greater good and the welfare of the whole world. So, go Team Iron Man!
Look at what happened in the second Cap film. The ones in control were the ones who needed to be watched. Superheroes can watch themselves. Why allow an outside source that kind of control?

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You left out the molecule man, Onslaught and an honorable mention to Apocalypse

The molecule man, while powerful, isn't in the same league. However, it was the accident that gave him his powers that opened a tear between the Marvel Universe and the Beyonders universe. So in a sense everything Beyonder related can be tracked back to the origin of the molecule man.

Both onslaught and Apocalypse, while powerful, are not remotely close to Franklin Richards in either power levels or the scope of their powers. Apocalypse, when all is said and done, is a shape changer who has alien technology at his disposal. His ship that he had originally, that X-Factor (the original X-men when Jean Grey came back from the dead) liberated from him, was of alien origin. Onslaught is just a omega level psychic. He can't do a tenth of the things Franklin Richards can.

Sklar

Oxnard

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It was because not all mutants could hide their mutation most wore it on the out side like beast nightcrawler, the morlocks, angel, mystic etc. People like wolverine and Xavier were the lucky ones that could hide. Just like in x2 when Kurt asks mystic why she doesn't look normal all the time and she said we shouldn't have to.

That's why it's more closely relatable to race because the outward appearance for a lot was physically different than non mutants. And while we are all the same people of different ethnicities are visibly different from whites who are usually the majority In northamerica. .
I'll be honest, I never even noticed the GLBT metaphor until after I stopped collecting comic books and talked to others about it. Once someone explained it to me, I felt stupid for not seeing it before.

Oxnard

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Look at what happened in the second Cap film. The ones in control were the ones who needed to be watched. Superheroes can watch themselves. Why allow an outside source that kind of control?
There is a valid point to be made, and that point has been made in the comic books by various characters such as Pym. The superheroes are essentially vigilantes operating as a kind of police force that doesn't have to deal with any of the restrictions nor oversight that the police do.

Civil War is a metaphor for the freedom versus security argument from during the Bush administration. Going by the metaphor, of course I support the Captain's side, but without the metaphor, justice in a democracy should happen within the law as the law represents the will of the people (in theory anyway, in practice it's mostly the will of lobbyists and the oligarchy, but you know what I mean).

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
upload_2016-3-13_8-10-31.png
@Sklar Onslaught thought technically not a person and only a powerful psychic entity, did capture and hold captive Franklyn Richards and Nate Grey and added some of their abilities to his own. Technically he did not have time to fully exploit their powers and make them totally his own. or he would have been in time at the top of the list

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There is a valid point to be made, and that point has been made in the comic books by various characters such as Pym. The superheroes are essentially vigilantes operating as a kind of police force that doesn't have to deal with any of the restrictions nor oversight that the police do.

Civil War is a metaphor for the freedom versus security argument from during the Bush administration. Going by the metaphor, of course I support the Captain's side, but without the metaphor, justice in a democracy should happen within the law as the law represents the will of the people (in theory anyway, in practice it's mostly the will of lobbyists and the oligarchy, but you know what I mean).
This theme had been used in The Avengers before. They allowed the government too much control which determined who could and couldn't be a member as well as when they could act. Civil War would just have allowed them more power. It would be either do as told or be removed.I saw it as too much control as opposed to none

kennethmarkzamora

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
If you aren't a comic book nerd, how would you know?

Mutants are an evolutionary branch of humanity, and the standard metaphor for racism and GLBT issues in the Marvel universe. Basically the X-Men and related heroes and villains. (Used to be a huge branch of the Marvel universe.)

Inhumans are another branch of humanity that is the result of experimentation by an alien race (Kree) that wanted to turn ancient humans into weapons for their endless stupid wars. Marvel is trying to set them up as the new metaphor for racism as part of their pissing match with FOX. The Inhumans will get their own Marvel movie later, and Captain Marvel will get her powers from Kree technology.

The Eternals and Deviants are two more branches of humanity that were the result of experiments by Celestials (space gods). I think the Asgardians are Eternals, as are the Greek gods. You saw a severed head of a Celestial in Guardians of the Galaxy. Thor is obviously an Eternal. Thanos was born to Eternal parents, but because they are closely related, they sometimes give birth to Deviants like Thanos. Thanos is the Marvel universe equivalent of Thanatos.

yes but im really curious because among the strongest of the strongest or the top strongest characters in marvel universe, there is Galactus and Phoenix force who both eats planets, and had an actual battle and encounter. And ive also read from some comic nerds that the creator once claimed that when they had to create a woman phoenix force as one of the strongest , she was mighty enough to scare the most feared in marvel universe.

My question is, how about the others like eternity, the living tribunal, beyonder and one above all. did any of them have an encounter? how were there power gauged and ranked?