Mascara Recommendation

My favorite mascara is no longer available. womp, womp! I loved CoverGirl Exact EyeLights in Black Sapphire... it had good coverage/length, the perfect brush for my teensy lower lashes, never flaked/smudged, didn't clump after 2nd coat, and the color was awesome (black with a touch of blue pearl). When I learned that it was being discontinued, I bought everything at my local stores. When those were gone, I turned to the 'zon, and ended up getting old used up flaky stuff. https://www.amazon.com/CoverGirl-EyeLights-Regular-Sapphire-Packages/dp/B001PO2VAW

I've tried several since and still am not happy. Mascara is a big deal for me because the eyelashes on one eye are white, so if I don't wear mascara, it's noticeable and people ask if I'm sick. I have sensitive skin that sometimes reacts to makeup remover, so I want something washable that doesn't flake or smudge as my top priorities. Bonus if it's a navy. A skinny brush that removes the right amount of mascara is also important.

Stuff I've tried and don't care for:
Maybellene Snapscara in Deja Blue- not bad, but it's a little too bright of a blue and I don't love the brush for my lowers.
CoverGirl Total Tease- hate the brush, not good coverage, flakes.
Maybelline Falsies- don't like the brush, flakes off easily
CoverGirl Peacock Flare- hate the brush, it doesn't clean off enough when pulling it out of the tube in spots
CoverGirl Lash Blast- had high hopes because the brush looked the same as my old one, but was like 3x as thick. Totally unable to get the outer corners of my lashes.
Pacifica Stellar Gaze- this is what I'm currently using, but I don't love it.

I don't want to continue throwing away $10-30 a pop, so what do you like and why?

I took a trip to Ulta and looked at a TON of different mascara... from cheap to spendy. I bought 3 different ones, tried each and ended up liking TNJ's recommendation. It was the only one that coated my microscopic lower lashes how I liked. It lasted well until I watched this
. No idea why it tickled me the way it did, but I laughed and laughed and laughed.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I use CoverGirl Clump Crusher. It's in the green tube.

It's build-able, it doesn't flake off everywhere or smudge, and it's easy to remove.

It's the only beauty product I use *every* day. My lashes are really thin and I look exhausted when you can't see them. Just 2 coats on days I don't wear a full face, and on full-glam days I add 2 more to add volume.

Reactions: 286798

I don't wear mascara, so I don't have first hand tips. One of my friends who is super into make-up/beauty, who also works as a beautician has been really loving Blinc Tubing mascara, the original formula. Not sure if that's a type you would be interested in. Says no smudge, no flaking.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When I wear it I use L'Oreal Voluminous. I usually get it at Ulta, but I noticed it wasn't there last time I went. I don't know if they still carry it.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I don't wear mascara even though my eyelashes are pathetic, but my sister vouches hard for Nars climax mascara

I asked her if it's seriously called climax she said yes. It's great, she loves it.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I took a trip to Ulta and looked at a TON of different mascara... from cheap to spendy. I bought 3 different ones, tried each and ended up liking TNJ's recommendation. It was the only one that coated my microscopic lower lashes how I liked. It lasted well until I watched this
. No idea why it tickled me the way it did, but I laughed and laughed and laughed.

WTF???

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual

Yeah, it doesn't flake or budge until you really add some moisture and agitate it.

It's been my ride or die for years. It applies the way I want it to too, no crazy tarantula lashes.