Masculine energy: How to define it?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by B_henry miller, Aug 24, 2008.

1. B_henry miller

B_henry miller New Member

2. B_henry miller

Okay, people. I need to lay some ground rules here. DO NOT ALL RESPOND AT ONCE! I sincerely appreciate the enthusiasm, but the huge amount of responses is just to much for me. Tone it down, people. Tone it down!

3. D_Tamerton Taintpussie

D_Tamerton Taintpussie Account Disabled

I'm afraid, for me, it's indefinable (is that a word?). It escapes definition.

I just know I love it.

If you come any closer to pinning it down and bottling it, let me be the first to know :rolleyes:.

4. B_henry miller

Funny, but someone just responded to my blog, and that's exactly what I wrote: I can't define it, but I think it's beautiful.

I suppose one thing that's beautiful about it is that masculine energy is something men have to build together. I read once that women, females, are born complete, but that men have to get together with other men in order to become men. Masculinity seems to be a group experience.

5. B_Bette

B_Bette New Member

Interesting. Gives at least possible meaning to a song I never understood. You should check out the lyrics to Monster Magnet's Crop Circle.

I agree. We women try our best not to judge, but..... :biggrin1:

You're asking such thought-provoking questions for a big dick message board!! :tongue: All energy is divided into two general categories, right? Male and female, masculine and feminine, yin/yang. But that seems insufficient to me, as maybe some energy is even neutral, and no one ever gives it a thought. It comes down to how you perceive it. Talk to a rape victim and masculine energy is extremely destructive and power-over. Talk to a sports fan in the throes of rooting for "the team" and it's...well, I don't know, but whatever it is to him.

Why force energy into categories anyway? Everyone feels different.

When you ask about masculine energy, I prefer to think of what it feels like during intimate moments with decent men. (Back in my very brief casual sex days, I swear I never even detected the "energy" of some men. They were like robots. It grosses me out to think about them now.) It always emanates most strongly from the heart and chest area, and it's always different from person to person. At its best, it is soothing and exciting at the same time, magnetic and drawing me in deeper.

The most powerful of all masculine energy is archetypal; protective and in control, at the same time. No matter what is going on deep inside of him, no matter what he is hiding from the world, as long as that energy remains at the forefront and is exuded...that's what women want.

In deeper, quieter moments, when you're lying together in bed, blocking out the rest of the world, masculine energy is much, much more.

#5 B_Bette, Aug 25, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  6. Hockeytiger

Hockeytiger Active Member

I think the secret society aspect may take you off in a wrong direction though it is related. I'd say that masculine energy is the desire of men to do things. Yeah, that's nice and specific, eh? Guys, even when just boys, have a natural instinct to go and do something, even if it is destructive. We have that instinct to be active. It doesn't matter whether it is building a structure or vandalizing a construction yard. Part of that is probably testosterone, but I'm certainly no biologist nor psychologist.

Bored boys and young men are an extremely destructive force of nature. That's why society organizes things like sports, scouting, etc (think midnight basketball as a prime example). It channels those masculine energies into something more productive, or at least, less destructive. These energies also tend to be amplified by having more guys around. (There's a reason why crime is directly proportional to the number of young unmarried men are present in a society. That's why India and China are likely to face very turbulent times in the next generation or so.)

7. Supersized

Supersized New Member

8. B_Hung Jon

B_Hung Jon New Member

I read this somewhere quoting a straight guy & think it's interesting and funny:

"Ladies and gentlemen, now if you'll excuse me, im gonna go build a tower made of iron and brawn, then blow it up, then shoot an animal, watch some sports, and make a baby."

#8 B_Hung Jon, Sep 11, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  9. Crosz

Crosz Member

charisma,confidence,good looks,financial success,large penis

Draft saved Draft deleted