Mass Effect 3 - - different play through...

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
OK, so I really, really like this game. Except the ending which has been covered in a different thread.

This is something I didn't expect.

I played the entire trilogy again, making different decisions to see how it would affect the game at the end as I was playing through.

This has to deal with the Quarians and the Geth. I brought Legion with me to help at Tali's treason trial in Mass Effect 2. The reason was to see how the Quarian Admirals would react during the third game when they all came together again.

So I bring him along and watch with glee as the Quarians get all pissy about him being there but I keep him with me.

At the end of Tali's trial and after we resecure the research ship that was over run with other Geth, I give evidence of Tali's innocence at the cost of her fathers reputation. This also makes Tali lose confidence in me for the suicide run at the end of game 2.

(I did make an alternate save so I could change that ending if I wanted to)

So I think I can work around that by sending her back to the Normandy with the survivors from the Collector attack. They get back to the ship but Tali is killed along the way, saving all of the crew members.

Cut to game 3, now.

I'm with the Quarians and their final battle with the Geth. I think one of the NPC's, Admiral Rann, will just take Tali's place at the end after Legion tries to upgrade the Geth.

Not so.

This is the most tragic turn of events I have played through so far.

I don't even want to finish the game because it's so tragic.

Because Tali is not there, I have to choose between which race survives: The Quarians or the Geth. I honestly thought that Admiral Rann would be my replacement Tali. So I allow the Legion to upgrade the Geth and the Quarians keep attacking the Geth.

The Geth wipe them all out and Admiral Rann committs suicide in front of me as her race is exterminated in space.

I feel SSSOOOOO guilty!

So now, I see what my curiosity has wrought. Now, all I want to do is go back to the second game, and replay from that save and make it all right again.

But, wow, that final battle and Admiral Rann's suicide was really, really in your face.

Talk about how a decision can have lasting effects.

I know it's just a game but it's such a great game that it draws you in and makes you feel all the emotions as if it was real.

I know it's not but still....

Sklar