Massage therapist needs Advice with erections prob

etheros: Hello
I'm a qualified professional massage and aroma therapist. I qualified last year so I'm still picking up useful tips and expanding generally.

The problem I have is with erections, not the clients but mine. If they have a “reaction” that is particularly visible and I pick up that they are embarrassed by it, then I can just make a fold in the towel to disguise it and tell them to relax and not be concerned about it etc.

I'm strictly professional but on a few occasions I've become erect which is embarrassing. It normally passes as I focus on the massage.

Erections are normal and can just reflect relaxation and sensual stimulation. I don't want to waste energy of the mental sort trying to make it go as this would and has ruin my flow and fluster me.

It's normally just a passing thing with me anyway but I would hate to make a client feel uncomfortable if they picked up on it. The last time it happened I was close to the client’s abdominal area and he would felt it push against him. If it happened with a woman it would be even more embarrassing and a relatively innocent reaction could be seen as violation.

I need something that I can wear that's comfortable and that will hide any erection, I thought guys visiting this forum might know of something.

I've seen all kinds of thongs and jock straps made of p.v.c plastic or something that would not allow my cock to stick out , but they would be sweaty and uncomfortable .

Any ideas or does anyone know of any companies that make
underwear or support devices that will hide erections.
Thanks
C

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
The only garment I can think of that could hide an erection in your case would be an apron - the heavy, lead-filled one an x-ray technician wears when he/she says, "Don't breathe!"

:D

Pecker

Never do card tricks for the group you play poker with.

Reactions: deleted3155011

etheros: well yes............but a lead apron just wouldn't match with my linen cargo trousers.

so any more suggestions ?

• Haha

B_JohnTheHorse

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My question is: what are you wearing while giving a message? If you are in jeans or pants I'd think that an erection if it happens wouldn't be visible. Spandex, lycra or something like that who knows?

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
Just at thought, ridiculous or not....?

I'm wondering about wearing a white "lab coat" (similar to say, a MD's) to perform your tasks?

What would be wrong with that? 'Looks professional and covers you most sufficiently, I would think.

And, I would give thought too, to wearing boxer briefs as well so as to keep everything under control beneath that lab coat. ;)

etheros: Ok well thanks for the advice. I'm now not sure if I need to approach my massage with a different sort of energy or if it's just part of being human!

So if I have problems I'll go for Lycra or boxer briefs. I do actually have a sort of dentists uniform which although not as long as a lab coat it does cover the area . Something I had to wear for the course and exam. I could just get some sort of less formal similar tunic.

Just getting underwear that doesn't allow me to bulge out to much should be good enough.

I do know of one gay massage therapist who used to work for a football team (soccer) and he had this problem of getting turned on, he just wore baggy shorts to hide it, but that just wouldn't be enough for me.

Thanks

mindseye: You're still new at this -- according to your first post, you just qualified last year. I have a feeling that as time goes on and you get more experience and practice, this will become a non-issue. You simply won't get hard anymore, because the novelty will have worn off and you won't find giving massages to be 'exciting'.

The same thing was true for me in my career. When I started teaching, I was 23, and I'd find myself distracted by some of my students (I taught college, so most of the students were only a few years younger than me). Now, that hardly ever happens -- every semester there's a fresh crop, and it's just not a big deal anymore.

rangersean: And the freshmen get younger every year, don't they mindseye?

When I started in Grad school it was terribly difficult not to get turned on by some of my students. I had several I had to be VERY careful around.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I know exactly what you're saying, sean. Facing the facts, I must have had will power of steel, coz I still think of a few students I had that I would be happy to pay to have sex with today. Even the walk of this one cute little guy (high school) was a turn on -- just as sexy as hell. But in my situations, being married and knowing what would happen if anyone even suspected my thoughts, I even convinced myself that I didn't have them. But, like they say, "It's always the ones who got away that you think of most".

Luke

joeinthejungle1: Perhaps you should get in another line of business.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
[quote author=joeinthejungle1 link=board=clothing;num=1075213181;start=0#9 date=02/02/04 at 19:26:42]Perhaps you should get in another line of business.[/quote]
But a different occupation would not have changed my marital status, joeinthejungle1.

BTW, what does the "1" stand for in your name? ???

Jeffboy_au

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I am a qualified masseur- welcome to the community! When working on clients, I always wore a heavy jockstrap with the sharpshooter braced downwards. Yes, erections do happen, but that gave me confidence esp under a loose fitting pair of shorts. It never seemed to cause me any issues, nor my clients or players when in club practice. But you also need to be comfortable, as well as your client.