masterbation = less muscle

rugger89

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
so i have a friend who remains convinced that if he abstains from jerking off for 7 days then ejaculates on the 7th it will somehow increase his testosterone and do wonders for his muscle growth...personally i think hes retarded. If it works (major if) i think one would have to be on an insane athletic diet where everything is carefully monitored

He is basing it of the following:

"Researchers found that abstaining from ejaculation for six days had no impact on serum testosterone levels. On the seventh day, serum testosterone levels peaked to 145.7% of baseline, and then declined rapidly on the eighth day.7,8

Researchers believe testosterone declined on day eight from the negative feedback suppression of Leutinizing hormone secretion.

You may also choose to postpone the achievement of ejaculation for seven days so as to maximize testosterone on a day of the athletes choosing - i.e. on the hardest training or competition day. the athlete chooses this protocol, ejaculation should be achieved on the seventh day, post workout and according to the above protocol, so as to avoid the negative feedback suppression of LH demonstrated on day eight of abstinence."

It was only one study done in China and with only 28 ppl...

Anyone have any views on this?

Last edited:

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Your friend is not retarded, just misguided.

There is an assumption that semen comes from the testes. Since the testes are where testosterone is produced, semen must contain testosterone. The assumption continues, then, that you can store up testosterone by not ejaculating. This is wrong.

Semen, in fact, does not come from the testes. A very small component, the sperm, does, but this comprises less than 5% of the volume of semen, and contains zero testosterone. The remainder of semen comes mostly from the Seminal Vesicles, Prostate, and various other internal organs (not located in the "nut sack"). Semen, therefor, contains ZERO testosterone, and jacking off will not affect yours, or your friend's ability to build muscle.

B_jarod_johansen

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
cool.......so if i masturbate once a week i will have optimum testosterone levels...at least according to that research. ;-)

on another topic, i have read that flushing out the prostate once a day my masturbation or sex to orgasm will help prevent a large prostate in the future.

jarod

Robiqe2

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"Men's Health" magazine has printed many studies from small university experiments involving young atheletes. The focus was whether performance was affected by masturbation before games or abstaining from masturbation. The results stated that the men that masturbated showed no marked loss of performance. I'll be honest though, I can't figure out how they were able to control these results even with the high population counts of the studies. The results are far too subjective to be trusted.

Your friend is not too far from the truth. Your body does a great deal with testosterone when you ejaculate and when you orgasm. Only recently is research being done to help engineer man using proper "testosterone management." I've seen several books on the subject, but none published. If I was some crazy conspiracy theorist I would suggest all the body building conpanies and supplement providers are trying to silence this vital information from reaching the public. Nevertheless, in the here and now Rugger tell your friend to do research on testosterone peaking from activities. That he should masturbate on game days seems contradictory to other information on the subject. Otherwise, he's absolutely right, muscle is biologically expensive, and the more capital he has to invest the faster he should see gain in focused areas. I know this seems cold, but everything I've read suggest you should treat your body as a machine supporting a business. Masturbation os the greedy accountant that serves his purpose, but often takes more than he should. I'll stop here before I violate some copyright laws.

Beanie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
al that i have read relating to this subject has indicated that regular masturbating or sex or ejacualting in general, helps to keep your testosterone levels high, along with the other benefits of regular ejaculation like improved prostate health, improved mood etc.

to summarize, wanking is good for you so do it often :p

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
Religious individuals often try and insert religious belief systems into medical research to substantiate conservative religious viewpoints. I am at best skeptical about this method of "maximizing testosterone" simply because it goes against basic anatomy as has already been stated.

What is known is that exercise will increase testosterone levels and that proper nutrition and vitamins to make certain that all proper nutrient levels are maintained will maximize it's levels at least with regards to the best that this given body can produce.

Another fact that has been stated is one I can personally document in my own strange way.

Though I have spoken openly about my treatment of ED, because by talking about it I can help others, I had a physical about two years ago. The physical examination included multi-level prostate screenings. We are discussing three separate tests including both PSA-1 and PSA-2. We are also discussing a DRE. I was, at age 55 deemed to have the prostate of an 18 year old. The MD, a female interviewed me at length on this asking the "how". part. I laughed when I explained to her that I never allowed build up of old semen.

In aging a series of events take place. Prostatic enlargement is a result of numerous things taking place at the same time. It is often attributed to DHT levels, but that is not the whole story. In most men who have prostate issues you also find that their sexual relationships and or private sexual activity has dwindled to nearly nothing.

At one time I had a discussion with my Stepfather who was an MD. The discussion became rather interesting and was provocative enough that he started checking the records of patients who were having problems with BPH.

Contrary to religious belief systems we are anatomically still animals who have not evolved in some ways. In the early days of mankind sex was found and done as often as possible because so many died of disease, animal attackes and accidents.

As a result the idea and instinct at that time was multiple partners and as much sex as was possible in order to preserve the species. Over time, relationships matured and changed and religious elements were inserted. The problem is that the anatomy still remained the same and the human male still as a whole produces more semen and seminal fluid than is expelled in the average monogamous relationship by age 50.

What we then have is a buildup and though some MD's (usually those of a religious nature) will talk about re-absorbtion of the material to be replaced by fresh material, it is not guaranteed that the rates will match. As a result long term deterioration of those structures takes place.

There is nothing here but a little tiny bit of anatomy and sexual function mixed with a great deal of common sense.

Hey, the guy out there refraining from jacking-off better not tell the FDA. If he successfully increases his testosterone level they will make jacking off mandatory because they are against anything that actually will build muscle or really work!