Masturbation & Erectile Dysfunction

B_cosmognosis

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There was an old thread on this, but I came across some new information about this topic and wanted to see if any of you were aware of this, had experience with this or wanted to share your thoughts and opinions...

http://www.epsychology.us/over-masturbation-male-masturbation-effects/

I can see how this would be possible, given the need for the body's hormonal/chemical balance to stay at certain levels for optimal functionality. Overstimulation of any part of the nervous system can't be a good thing.

jamesmax

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hey cosmognosis. I enjoyed this thread. Thanks a lot :) well I agree with the writer. Too much of anything is apparently bad. I've experienced weaker erections at times when I excessively masturbated (I think). And... Masturbation is healthy for all of us men as long as it is not excessive. Keeps our prostate gland healthy and regular masturbation makes our body attuned to sexual activity, giving us firmer erections when we need it :)....
Great thread. Go on writing guys what do u guys think about this? :)

I think it'd be a good opporunity for us guys to share what exactly we think is excessive masturbation? Intriguing huh... LOL.... I think about 3 to 4 times of wanking per day is too much. 1 or 2 is perfect, depending on the physiology of different individuals lol :)

B_cosmognosis

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks, jamesmax...I agree that too much of anything can throw the body off balance and usuallly with detrimental effects. There's another thread on here about a 30-day contest to abstain from self-pleasure that got me to thinking about this. Regrettably, my hands-off attempts were not successful, lol. I lasted about five days, so now I'm going to shoot for once a week! (no pun intended!)

It takes a lot of discipline and with the clickable availability of pr0n and time on your hands, one can easily overindulge. Not a good thing if you have a relationship where the focus of your sexual energy is supposed to be your partner. I've gone a few days without release and about the third day, I basically attacked my g/f when I went over her house! She loved it and it was very intense for me, as it seemed as if I was on fire with the passion that I felt for her.

Abstain to maintain is my new motto. I'll be relating the findings of my experiments in the coming days. Your results may vary, and I would be pleased to hear from my fellow board members.

D_Doe_Ray_Mi

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The conclusions of this study may not prove to be very popular amongst many of the frequent ejaculators here. Sounds pretty logical to me. When I've done marathon JO sessions, I have felt tired, kind of spacey and not very motivated to do anything but ejaculate. I JO now about 1-2 X/wk but I have great sex with my GF 5-6 X/wk too. I have not monitored parasympathetic responses in proportion to ejaculations though. So I have minimal personal data or experience to support or dispute their conclusions. Jack on guys . . .

B_cosmognosis

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have felt tired, kind of spacey and not very motivated to do anything but ejaculate. So I have minimal personal data or experience to support or dispute their conclusions. Jack on guys . . .

That's my point exactly, ejacman. It saps your energies, the energies that would normally be directed towards actual intercourse with your partner are somewhat dissipated in a manner that doesn't provide anything but release. Ancient tantric texts teach us that sexual energy is actually created when the sex act is performed.

Big Al

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You can also condition your penis positively or negatively with masturbation. Masturbate very quickly to ejaculate as quickly as possible and you'll likely do the same thing in the bedroom. Masturbate with a tight grip and you may have issues ejaculating through oral or vaginal sex.