Masturbation Guilt

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I was not overtly taught not to masturbate, but as m_zora said, I was taught that by inference. My extra Puritanica parents never mentioned sex or anything that would make us think it even existed. Sadly, I never heard the word "love" used to describe our affection for one another. I recall seeing only one kiss and that one on the cheek between my parents. Yeah, from this background, my jackingoff gave me guilt feelings of the strongest kind. Those of you who were fortunate by having parents who openly discussed sex and all its ramifications with you while maturing should be thankful. :thumbsup:

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by Dude!@Apr 17 2005, 01:05 PM
Some people use the story of Onan 'spilling his seed on the ground' to say it's wrong

Even though 'onanism' is used as a synonym for masturbation, if you check out the Biblical account, it's clear that Onan committed coitus interruptus, not masturbation.

My dad told me that masturbation was normal and that everyone did it. He was blushing the entire time; he was embarassed by the birds-&-the-bees talk. He didn't know that I had already been shown the ins and outs of jacking off by my older brothers.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
And even then, what Onan did was refuse to have a son to inherit his brother's estate because the boy wouldn't be his. The real crime is, in a roundabout way, fratricide.

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Originally posted by RoysToy@Apr 17 2005, 05:15 PM
I was not overtly taught not to masturbate, but as m_zora said, I was taught that by inference. My extra Puritanica parents never mentioned sex or anything that would make us think it even existed.
[post=301500]Quoted post[/post]​

Much the same here. While it was never specifically mentioned by my parents (God, I think they'd have had a stroke on the spot and died!), it was clearly inferred from reactions and jokes and comments that it wasn't anything a decent person would get involved with. Dad never even tried to have "the talk" with me about anything sex-related; better I learn the (hysterically-misinformed) version taught among twelve year olds, I guess. :eyes:

It was, however, mentioned in church as being a sin (wait, let me capitalize that: "SIN"). I remember feeling guilty but also getting sort of angry. It was one of the many things taught in our church that didn't sit well with me. I think that it was easier for me to reject that notion really early on just because there were several oddball things preached there that I'd already tossed aside. (I think sometimes I'm a good example of the damage that can be done to "the cause" by insanely restrictive churches.)

Now I see that it was an idea that just had no logical cohesion--how, exactly, did the practice affect anyone else in the least? How could it possibly matter?

It's encouraging to me to see that so many of you had supportive (and progressive?) parents who made sure you didn't carry an unhealthy burden of guilt over something so intensely personal and positive! That really makes me smile! :D

SomeGuyOverThere

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Where I live its a big insult to call somebody gay or a wanker.

Does it effect me?

No, because I know all the fools who use it as an insult are jerking themselves silly when they get home at night, and I know quite a lot of them are closet homosexuals.

And me? Well, I jack off, I dont feel guilty, but I DO hide it from friends and family, simply to save face and avoid embarresing situations.

EFH33

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Being Roman Catholic this was also something that was said is a sin and shouldn't be done. Catholics are only supposed to have sex when procreation is the purpose. In fact, I didn't being the practice until my mid-teen years, which is probably very late all things considered. I had sex before I masturbated, but i also think that's the reason WHY I began to masturbate. Once you start having sex you tend to miss it when you're not having it. :)

I don't feel guilty about masturbating anymore, and if it really is a sin then I am going to be DAMNED TO HELL!! :D

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Originally posted by EFH33@Apr 18 2005, 11:07 AM
Being Roman Catholic this was also something that was said is a sin and shouldn't be done. Catholics are only supposed to have sex when procreation is the purpose. In fact, I didn't being the practice until my mid-teen years, which is probably very late all things considered. I had sex before I masturbated, but i also think that's the reason WHY I began to masturbate. Once you start having sex you tend to miss it when you're not having it. :)

I don't feel guilty about masturbating anymore, and if it really is a sin then I am going to be DAMNED TO HELL!! :D
[post=301714]Quoted post[/post]​
If maturbation is the worst thing you did, I wouldn't worry about fire insurance right now. Actually according to traditional Christian doctrine, sin is not what sends you to hell, it is the refusal to accept God in your life and willingness to spend an eternity in heaven. All who want to go to heaven will be there. none will be denied. God is Lord however you may have known him on earth.

Wang away! It might save you from prostate cancer or other prostate problems later down the road.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Originally posted by Dude&#33;+Apr 17 2005, 08:05 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dude&#33; &#064; Apr 17 2005, 08:05 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-lokican@Apr 17 2005, 08:03 AM

BTW does it say so in the bible that it is a sin?
[post=301341]Quoted post[/post]​

No, it doesn&#39;t (explicitly)

Some people use the story of Onan &#39;spilling his seed on the ground&#39; to say it&#39;s wrong but I think it&#39;s actually that he refused to give the wife of his desceased brother a child, or something like that.

Bible does say lustful thoughts are a sin though. There are just so many of them though&#33;
[post=301385]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
There is another quote against it, but it is misinterpreted. Soldiers were forbidden to masturbate when in encampment. To be caught doing it was to be isolated from the other soldiers. It was also forbidden for soldiers to have sex with their wives while there was a war going on and the city was under seige. This were rules of the ancient state of Israel and not God&#39;s laws, but I have heard a few people try to quote them.

Strange, they forgot about the "no sex while in war with wives during war" part. Maybe we should put that in place for all the US of A. Maybe we could then get this war over with in a hurry. George and Laura required to sleep in different buildings. I love it. No private meetings between them while a war is agoin on. Yes, while we are fundie land, let&#39;s pull this ancient law back up from obcurity.

Damn, I was thinking about going in and getting if off in just a moment, but then images of George and Laura popped in my head. Oh well, there is another day.

Dr. Bubbles

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Jana was right when she said it was different for women. I fully never engaged in masturbation until my college years. It was then that I discovered who I was, what I wanted and what I liked. It was also then that I discovered that it was ok for me to make ME HAPPY&#33;

Knight

Experimental Member
Media
bblumbee...that avatar... :wow:

Anyways I never felt guilty about masturbation, it was always joked about even before I did it myself, and then it was REALLY joked about when I was &#39;found out&#39;. I feel more guilty about other things really, masturbation is pretty much accepted and promoted :)

Dr. Bubbles

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by Knight@Apr 18 2005, 10:26 PM
bblumbee...that avatar... :wow:

Anyways I never felt guilty about masturbation, it was always joked about even before I did it myself, and then it was REALLY joked about when I was &#39;found out&#39;. I feel more guilty about other things really, masturbation is pretty much accepted and promoted :)
[post=301818]Quoted post[/post]​

Hey Knight... I took some more "interesting pics" this weekend. I decided to post a couple but to block out my face because of my work situation. Glad you like... I think you like. lol

I think masturbation is more commonly accepted among men than women. It is taboo for women to do, much less to openly discuss it. However, trust me, a lot more women do it than what we let on.....

Knight

Experimental Member
Media
Yeah I like, I like. :D

And yeah lads do like to joke about masturbation but I think most will agree it&#39;s very hot to see a girl masturbate and always nice to think they masturbate...I think most girls masturbate right? :p (crosses fingers) hehe. :)

I think it might be hot for men to watch women masturbate because its so taboo, for men but moreso for women. (Wonder if they could tell I like girls masturbating) hehe.

Dr. Bubbles

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, we can tell this might be one of your fetishes&#33; I don&#39;t want to generalize and say that most women masturbate. That is something that I frankly do not know if we will ever know. I do think there are many more that do than what society leads us to believe.

Glad you like and confirmed. ;)

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by Freddie53@Apr 18 2005, 06:14 PM
Soldiers were forbidden to masturbate when in encampment. To be caught doing it was to be isolated from the other soldiers.
[post=301750]Quoted post[/post]​
well, well. how things change.

actually this was a common rule among the armies of the ancient world, not just the israeli/judaean armies. the prevailing idea was that enforced abstinence from any form of sexual activity basically "stockpiled" ones masculine aggression (ideally so that it could be directed in battle).

I don&#39;t think the reasoning is too sound, but the principle certainly is - force a guy to go weeks at a time without getting off, and you can guarantee that he&#39;ll be pissed as all hell. I know that when I&#39;M not getting mine, it&#39;s real bad news for anyone who gets in MY way :p

willie

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by bblumbee@Apr 19 2005, 02:14 AM
Yes, we can tell this might be one of your fetishes&#33;

It&#39;s not a fetish, just amazingly rude.

Because there&#39;s a taboo, there is always a certain amount of guilt and embarrassment. So watching a girl, looking all shame faced, as she orgasms is very sexy.

OK it&#39;s probably a fetish.

D

deleted111

I never felt bad about it.
My mom however used to give me a pretty hard time about it.

"Thats gross"
"Thats sick"
"Do your own bedding" LOL

Dark green sheets&#33; Not so condusive for cum stains....

Nater