Masturbation in a public shower, OK?

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've been talking to someone who says that they masturbate in a public shower. I told them that I thought that was socially wrong. I could care less if you masturbate (we all do), but in a public forum? On a floor where others will walk? Where others will be in there naked?

There are two main times where I have used public gang showers - high school sports and the military. It was always a big deal not only to not masturbate, but also to not get hard or even look at other guys junk. Now, I understand that both of these settings are fairly strictly heterosexual where it is not cool to look around but I'm talking specifically about masturbation here.. I cannot fathom the idea that it is now socially acceptable for one to masturbate in a public forum such as gang shower. To me it isn't even a gay/straight thing, but rather a common courtesy type thing. People come into a public shower to get clean and having someone masturbate next to you is just not normal. If someone wants to jerk off with you... or jerk you off... then you will generally take it into another more private forum - again, speaking of a general public place here (see below).

But, maybe I am wrong. Maybe I am totally askew due to my percentage or something.

Please understand that I am not talking about going to a bath house or your own personal shower and masturbating. I am talking more about going to high school and that shower. Or, going to work out at the local gym and masturbating in that shower.

So, I am asking you, am I really that far off in my thinking? Have I really not visited a public gang shower lately to know that the etiquette has changed to allow masturbation? Are there times where masturbation in a public shower OK - with nobody there or people there? Certain demographics that are more OK with this than others? Etc.

Reactions: Mr.BigMic

buzzrider7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I wouldn't be surprised to know that it happens in the gang shower at my gym (though probably guys by themselves, not in big groups). That's why I always wear flip-flops in the shower. :wink: I'd be lying if I said that I've never sneaked in a few strokes when I've been in there alone while washing my junk, but have never blown a load in a public shower on the floor. Ewww.

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I wouldn't be surprised to know that it happens in the gang shower at my gym (though probably guys by themselves, not in big groups). That's why I always wear flip-flops in the shower. :wink: I'd be lying if I said that I've never sneaked in a few strokes when I've been in there alone while washing my junk, but have never blown a load in a public shower on the floor. Ewww.
I'm sure that everyone has got a few strokes in... but I'm not talking about that... I'm talking about full blown masturbation in a situation where people very well may come in due to the public nature of the venue.

What are you talking about, really?
Yes.

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What are you talking about, really? The only question is could you provide as elegant a defense as to why you shouldn't shit in a public "forum" either?
Since you edited...

I'm not sure how they do it in Russia but in America we generally take a dump in a private stall, not on the floor amongst the public.

chrisj428

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I feel the only difference between masturbation and sex is the number of active participants. I would no more rub one out in a public shower than I would have sex with someone in a public shower. But, then again, I'm not an exhibitionist...

Reactions: hairynycstud

NY4Curious

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I would consider it a rare moment when it would be cool to masturbate to ejaculation in a public (gym, beach, etc) shower. Even getting hard (and I love to get hard around other people when I'm nude) requires a perception regarding if it's cool or not.
The couple of times I've rubbed one out in a gym shower has been when the gym was not at all crowded and when everyone in the shower (three guys once four another time, one once) was hard and we sort of spontaneously came to conclusion it would be fun to shoot off together. Once we were interrupted and we stopped and stood discreetly facing away from the intruder, he showered down, left and we resumed. I don't think we fooled him, but we respected that he wasn't in our space and just wanted to wash up. So, I'd say on rare occassion it can be cool, when it's cool it can be a great deal of fun, but on the whole, to go further than pop a boner and give it a few strokes when you're soaping yourself, public masturbation in a public shower is not cool.
I also want to add that attitude has a great deal to do with the acceptability of jacking off in a public shower. I feel it always should be a masculine act but I can also see it as being an act of gay sexual statement. I do think however many fewer people would be offended if it were presented and if they saw it as an act of masculine sexuality. The male sexual animal marking ground.

B_Noctem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've been rubbing one on a more or less regular basis since I was 16. I've often caught other guys doing it and some times, I join. Of course, one has to be careful and vigilant but the possibility of getting caught adds a certain thrill. And always wear flip-flops for all the obvious health reasons.

B_Noctem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
What planet are you coming from? There's a long step between getting caught, being reported and going to jail, geesh!
Plus, we usually keep a watchful eye so we don't get caught.

D_Chocho_Lippz

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
For all of you who have masturbated in a public shower... where was this? As in... was it a gym with mostly gay clientèle?

I just don't see that happening much less being acceptable here where I live.

Also, I understand doing it for the thrill of being caught. This is called exhibitionism. It is exhibitionism because you know it is not socially acceptable. Right?

azladd

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
You really seem to be obsessing about this abit way too much. Its hard to say what the situation is with regards to your friend masturbating in a public shower. I'm sure it happens in may public showers and doesn't necessarily have anything to do with gay or straight clientele. If it is something that you find strange or wouldn't do, then thats OK. Stick to your opinion. But to constantly look for reasons to validate your feelings or opinions about the matter is abit much.

Reactions: Justawatcher23

AndyRodDick

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I don't think it's OK to jerk off and blow a load in a public shower. Period. Go to a bathroom stall and do it there. I've done it a couple of times after watching several hot guys naked, precisely because I wouldn't want to do it in the shower. I dunno, for me it's just about common sense.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
The couple of times I've rubbed one out in a gym shower has been when the gym was not at all crowded and when everyone in the shower (three guys once four another time, one once) was hard and we sort of spontaneously came to conclusion it would be fun to shoot off together. . . .I also want to add that attitude has a great deal to do with the acceptability of jacking off in a public shower. I feel it always should be a masculine act but I can also see it as being an act of gay sexual statement. I do think however many fewer people would be offended if it were presented and if they saw it as an act of masculine sexuality. The male sexual animal marking ground.
Can you please explain how one distinguishes between 3-4 guys spontaneously jacking off together and watching each other being "a masculine act" vs. being "a gay sexual statement". :rolleyes:

You really seem to be obsessing about this abit way too much.
Amen, brother.

NightOwlGate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
On a floor where others will walk? Where others will be in there naked?
Do you think all the other dirt, sweat, saliva, smegma, and dead skin cells will just magically become 100% fresh as soon as water touches them? Honestly, sperm couldn't be any worse than old sweat and dead skin cells in tepid water.

Public showers are dirty, period. If you're that scared, then just don't take a shower in them, or at least take the time to go home to shower?

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
As a gay man, the fantasy part of me gets the hot factor of someone jerking off across from me in the shower. The reality part of me though, goes "Jezuschrist. I'm just trying to shower and get out of here. If you think I'm hot, try to meet me outside 'cause the idea of hooking up in here is gross...and by the way, so are you for thinking it isn't."

Reactions: Justawatcher23

NightOwlGate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I do think however many fewer people would be offended if it were presented and if they saw it as an act of masculine sexuality. The male sexual animal marking ground.
I have few words to describe what I'm reading from you. How old are you, by the way? Isn't the cutoff for doing "bro"-type things 35?