Matchup: Griffin vs. Hansbrough

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This has got to be the best matchup in the tourney.

Blake Griffin has been unstoppable. Whoever wins this matchup probably wins the game.

My money's on Griffin. Damn that guy is fun to watch.

bobbyarcter81

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
From what I have seen in the past, Hansbrough tends to struggle a bit when he is matched up against highly talented post players. Griffin is too skilled, athletic, and powerful for Hanbrough to have any chance of defending him successfully. However, I would not be suprised if Roy Williams used Deon Thompson or Ed Davis to defend Griffin since both are longer and more athletic than Hansbrough.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
However, I would not be suprised if Roy Williams used Deon Thompson or Ed Davis to defend Griffin since both are longer and more athletic than Hansbrough.

I agree with you. If Psuedo T guards Griffin, not only will he get eaten up, but he will probably get in foul trouble early.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
UNC is favored by 6.5 currently. Looks like the handicappers arent concerned about the fact that UNC doesn't have an answer for Griffin.

Cant wait to see that game.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I go with UNC in this one.

Can't imagine Sunday's games being any better than Villanova vs Pitt. I want Villanova, but these two are going back and forth within a few points, one is ahead, then behind and it's been like this for a big part of the 38 minutes they've played. Nova by 2 after a 3 pointer 71-69, 1:10 to go.

Nova by 4, 46 seconds, Pitt cans a 3 pointer. Nova is 19-19 from the foul line. Nova by 1. Have to post this and watch the last few seconds with undivided attention..

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What a game, thought it would go to OT @ 76-76. Pitt found a way to get it tied, being down by 4 in like the last 20 seconds.

Funny, Nova had made 21 of 21 foul shots. One of the commentators announces 22-22 is the record and Nova's next free throw drew iron. For a moment, neither commentator said a word. Then Nova made the 23rd FT. UConn won that way too, that is making 10 FT's to beat Missouri.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Michigan State won handily over Louisville. I had a gut feeling that after the better part of the first half, the Louisville full court press never turned into a substantial lead. Sooner or later that they would have to abandon it and they never did. Michigan State handled that pressure well and I guess had Louisville abandoned that game plan, that would've been the equivalent of a white flag of surrender. Today MSU could and did outplay Louisville at their own game.

Next up, OU vs UNC, this one is a tossup. I like UNC if they score high 70's/low 80's and even more. Mid/Low 70's and lower, OU probably will take it.

2 predictions, a UNC win, UNC 82 OU 76 if UNC plays their game. An OU win, OU 78 UNC 72. 6 looks to be the magic number for margin of victory either way.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
13-2 UNC, Griffin vs Hansbrough a non-issue so far. Unless OU gets out of this funk and cold start with some points, UNC may get a bye to the Final 4 ? This one could get out of hand and wind up a 20+ point blowout.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow, OU didn't even show up today, They wound up with 60 in a 12 point loss. But of the 4 teams, they would've lost to the other 3 today. Yeah, Louisville got only 52, but 8 points less and playing a full court press for 40 minutes against Michigan State has got to be the equivalent of about what UNC got against OU in a game that featured a less harassing style/tempo.

I think MSU vs Louisville had the potential of a Villanova vs Pitt close game, but even there, at about 13 minutes to go, Michigan did, Louisville didn't and it got to a double digit lead that turned into a game that wasn't even fun to watch.

UNC vs OU, that got to a 21 point lead, OU was able to cut that to 12. mathematically if UNC had never led by more than 15, my prediction of a 6 point win would've been more probable. Either way 15-21 point lead, UNC would've milked that until the final buzzer, it's the only way OU got it back to 12 points ?

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Still, Griffin is 4X the player Hansbrough. Complete package. Animal.

UNC didn't even need Hansbrough in that game. Griffin was the entire offense for OU.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Griffen had a stronger game than Hansbrough no doubt. But the early foul trouble TH got into also tempered his aggressiveness & physical style of play. TH went out early and when he came back out quickly picked up a 2nd foul. In comparison, they would've never called those had it been the Saturday games, even the MSU vs Louisville game. Those games were far more physical than the UNC rout. That has me doubting whether UNC can beat the others if they play at that tempo next weekend. Everyone gets a rest so they should be fresher for the Final 4.

Griffen was hardly a beast, he did have moments though. Even though he did get nearly half of his team's points, it took Griffen 11 1/2 minutes to score his first basket. That's far too long into any game to be a beast. Up to that point his contribution was 8 rebounds, but UNC had established double digit leads and maintained it to 8 points at the half, even when Griffen started to get involved more in terms of point production. Griffen and OU had their moments that they could compete, but that didn't last for more than a few points in a their runs. Certainly not what I would've expected from OU and the ranking they held throughout the season. In that regard, Louisville also disappointed. But Louisville was also involved in a more physical game where the pressure altered shots.

OU seemed tentative to take shots at times. They had back to back trips as I recall where they simply passed up open looks and got caught using up the shot clock with their extra passes. Guess being cold as a team will do that ?

DozerLA

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Blake Griffinn is mixed (half Black/Haitian and half white, Dad Black, Mom white redhead), hence his light-skinned albino red-headed look. Blake is 6'10"!! How BIG do you think his penis is?