Mattress help.....

kcrown1967

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not sure if this is where this belongs but I'm looking for suggestions on a new mattress. I have some back issues so need something relatively firm so my back doesn't get out of whack. I can't remember the last time I had a good 6-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. I toss and turn like crazy :(

So if anyone is a person with back issues and has a recommendation I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks a bunch!!

Hey KC!
Actually I'm in the same boat as you and have a very difficult time finding mattresses that work for me and don't bother my back. From the research I've done a lot of it depends on the position you sleep in most of the night. I'm typically flat on my back all night and because of that and the lower back issues that flare up time to time I need a very firm mattress. Trying to find such a thing anymore is very difficult. Memory foam is horrible on my back, even though it is all the rage. What I ended up with was the a double or triple X-firm with minimal pillow top. My last mattress was perfect but they quit making it, no pillow top and 4X firm. It was like a cloth covered piece of plywood and I slept like a baby!

My suggestion would be to go to a number of higher end furniture / mattress dealers, ask to speak to their most knowledgeable person on mattresses because you have some special issues (might even call in first to make sure they are there and avoid the salesperson claiming they're the expert to make the sale right then), and go try them out. Might feel dumb but you really do need to lay on it for at least 5 minutes to get a good vibe. 15 is even better. I usually let them show me the ones they think will work for me then I tell them I want to try them out for a little bit and will find them when I'm done. That way you can lay on them in peace.

Last piece of advice. Don't go cheap, but I'm sure you knew that already.

Good luck!

Reactions: kcrown1967

kcrown1967

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks Fooey!!!

Yeah, I need really firm as well and I don't skimp on the price. I will pay dearly for a good nights sleep lol. Memory foam feels great the minute you lay on it but that's where it ends for me, lol. Horrible for my back as well :(

I wish I could just move to Bora Bora and sleep in a raft in the ocean every night, lol.

Reactions: Runner68

Make sure to try the adjustable platform underneath the mattresses as you try them. They make a huge diffrence!

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
brother worked in a mattress supply shop for a few years and the amount of info he knew about the different typpes of mattressess, there firmness/softness etc, was quite astounding
not to mention the entire family got exactly what we required/discounted/delivered ha

am saying, dont hesitate to venture into a shop and ask for the most experieced salesman
simple advice, but they do really know there stuff it seems..

and your dead right, acorrect mattress isthe ideal compliment to a beautiful restful sleep, includinga real cool pillow or two
i have some luxury pillows, absolute bliss ha

never dreamed id have phantasy convo about mattressess/sleeping etc on a BC site ha, good luck!!!

kcrown1967

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
brother worked in a mattress supply shop for a few years and the amount of info he knew about the different typpes of mattressess, there firmness/softness etc, was quite astounding
not to mention the entire family got exactly what we required/discounted/delivered ha

am saying, dont hesitate to venture into a shop and ask for the most experieced salesman
simple advice, but they do really know there stuff it seems..

and your dead right, acorrect mattress isthe ideal compliment to a beautiful restful sleep, includinga real cool pillow or two
i have some luxury pillows, absolute bliss ha

never dreamed id have phantasy convo about mattressess/sleeping etc on a BC site ha, good luck!!!

Thanks for the input :)

And there's always that one person that goes off topic :p. Hehe

kcrown1967

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sadly Ro it's from all those years riding horses rather than young men :(

I think a good roll in the hay might help me sleep, lol.

Reactions: Krusader

Probably do not have them where you are. My back is my living, a firm Sealy Posture Pedic is about the best. After nearly 40 years and 3 beds in that time of the same brand, I have no complaints.

Reactions: EllieP

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Going with Vibz on this one. I have a Sealy Posturepedic Queen pillow top that is the bomb. The only better night's sleep I've had was in a hammock a few months ago on a camping trip, believe it or not! That was awesome! Of course, that hammock cost almost as much as my mattress I discovered later.