Mature Lady Needs Advice on Finding a Lover

ArtofDesire

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks subgirrl, I'm glad to know he wasn't targeting just me.

AlteredEgo, we were referring to a comment made by cliffson, not hsarge.

Hsarge is my friend here. He looks out for me and has my best interest at heart.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thanks subgirrl, I'm glad to know he wasn't targeting just me.

AlteredEgo, we were referring to a comment made by cliffson, not hsarge.

Hsarge is my friend here. He looks out for me and has my best interest at heart.

Oh gosh, yes! We certainly weren't talking about Hsarge.

Yeah, hsarge is a nice guy.

I think so too.

molotovmuffin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
His comments are completely irrelevant in every thread he posts in. It's the same theme every time. The guy's got issues.
She was refering to cliffson... Art you need to report his post. I did. I found him to be trolling and bating you...He is either trying to bate you, hijack the thread or just plain out and out being insensitive and mean.

Doogie, not everyone wants to find a mate on line. Some people actually want a real to life partner not a cyber fuck buddy. Cougarlife.com is a fucking joke.

ArtofDesire

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
She was refering to cliffson... Art you need to report his post. I did. I found him to be trolling and bating you...He is either trying to bate you, hijack the thread or just plain out and out being insensitive and mean.

The mod team tells me that cliffson did not break any rules in the way he made his statement, that by my opening the thread to any and all responses he was well within his rights to state his opinion even though it was not well received by some that read it.

Last edited:

molotovmuffin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The mod team tells me that cliffson did not break any rules in the way he made his statement, that by my opening the thread to any and all responses he was well within his rights to state his opinion even though it was not well received by some that read it.
I disagree, his statement had nothing to do with what was being said or even talked about. In fact, his statement had nothing to do with what he quoted.

Wake up mods.:biggrin1:

ArtofDesire

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh well, I try not to let comments like that bother me.

Back on topic:

I had a great conversation on the phone last night with a guy that thinks he should be the one to bring me out of my 'sexual hibernation', LOL. He teaches human sexuality at the university level.

My only hesitation in meeting him is that I think he gave me a false name because when I pulled up the university directory there is no one on staff by that name. I can understand why he would choose to protect his identity at this stage given his position as a professor, but honesty is so very important in my opinion I have mixed emotions about meeting him.

I also googled the name and got zero hits. I'm just trying to play it safe and want to make sure I know who I am meeting. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
lol...You're who I ment! The quote I quoted was addressed to you...so that's why I said that....oh....never mind.:tongue:

Oh! I just re-read your post with that in mind and I got what you meant :redface::tongue:. Miscommunications all over the place today.

Oh well, I try not let comments like that bother me.

Back on topic:

I had a great conversation on the phone last night with a guy that thinks he should be the one to bring me out of my 'sexual hibernation', LOL. He teaches human sexuality at the university level.

My only hesitation in meeting him is that I think he gave me a fake name because when I pulled up the university directory there is no one on staff by that name. I can understand why he would choose to protect his identity at this stage given his position as a professor, but honesty is a so very important in my opinion I have mixed emotions about meeting him.

I also googled the name and got zero hits. I'm just trying to play it safe and want to make sure I know who I am meeting. Any thoughts?

Hmm . . . personally, I would find it a bit suspicious. It makes sense to use a fake name to begin with for safety reasons, but I would feel comfortable giving out my real first name long before I would feel comfortable giving out my phone number. Do you actually have his number, or does he call you?

I find the 'teaches human sexuality at university level' rather suspicious as well. Did he mention what kind of course it was (eg. sociology)? The fact that you couldn't find him listed as a staff member makes the claim even more suspicious (although maybe less so if he gave you a fake name). It could be something invented because he thinks it will attract women.

I could be being overly skeptical, but I would be questioning a few of his claims. Maybe you could ask him if he used a fake name and tell him why you suspect that he might have. If he's generally an honest person, it's likely that he'll say something like 'I did give you a fake name and was too worried about what you might say to tell you the truth later. My real name is . . .' If that name (and profession) checks out, no need to worry.

ArtofDesire

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes, I have his phone number. He has mine as well. The classes that he teaches are part of the psychology curriculum. Also schools here teach sex education, so I don't have a problem believing that claim. Although I did ask if he taught other classes as well and he said no, but he said he has taught 8 different variations of the course depending on if it were at the graduate level or undergraduate. He said the graduate level is much more detailed and explicit for students going into clinical psychology or marriage/couples counseling.

Something else I found a little odd, is that he says he's been teaching for 20 some years yet he tells me he is only 44 years old. He has a PhD, so that means he would have had to have started college much earlier than most people unless he started teaching right after finishing his undergraduate work, and completed the doctoral degree while teaching (which on second thought may not be that unusual).

Sounds like I should ask him to connect a few dots for me before agreeing to meet him in person, but I'm thinking he might be more likely to give me straight answers when I'm sitting talking to him face-to-face rather than over the phone. That way I can read his body language too.

Last edited:

B_doogie888

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Doogie, not everyone wants to find a mate on line. Some people actually want a real to life partner not a cyber fuck buddy. Cougarlife.com is a fucking joke.

Well, other people suggested OkCupid, so I figured it was appropriate for this situation.

And please don't hate on something you clearly know nothing about, I've gone on two "dates" on cougarlife.com as a Cub and had some absolutely wild sex with two older women. Women really do age like wine :)

ArtofDesire

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, other people suggested OkCupid, so I figured it was appropriate for this situation.

And please don't hate on something you clearly know nothing about, I've gone on two "dates" on cougarlife.com as a Cub and had some absolutely wild sex with two older women. Women really do age like wine :)

It's fine doogie888, I'll check out cougarlife.com. I have already bookmarked the site and will look at it when I get a chance. I like your attitude towards older women. :smile:

Thank you for the suggestion.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes, I have his phone number. He has mine as well. The classes that he teaches are part of the psychology curriculum. Also schools here teach sex education, so I don't have a problem believing that claim. Although I did ask if he taught other classes as well and he said no, but he said he has taught 8 different variations of the course depending on if it were at the graduate level or undergraduate. He said the graduate level is much more detailed and explicit for students going into clinical psychology or marriage/couples counseling.

Something else I found a little odd, is that he says he's been teaching for 20 some years yet he tells me he is only 44 years old. He has a PhD, so that means he would have had to have started college much earlier than most people unless he started teaching right after finishing his undergraduate work, and completed the doctoral degree while teaching (which on second thought may not be that unusual).

Sounds like I should ask him to connect a few dots for me before agreeing to meet him in person, but I'm thinking he might be more likely to give me straight answers when I'm sitting talking to him face-to-face rather than over the phone. That way I can read his body language too.
I would never meet in person with someone my friends could not identify to police if I went missing. Until he comes clean with you I just would not go. Also, within the first few minutes of talking, ask if you can take a cell phone photo of him so his face will pop up when he calls you. Email that photo to a friend first chance you get. Safety first. You can tell him you are giving a friend his image or not; it's up to you. I usually told guys what I was doing, but if they seemed the sort to freak out and be turned off by that level of precaution (especially considering all the other hoops I wanted them to go through) I wouldn't tell. If he looks exactly like pictures you already had of him, there is no need to do this. Simply make sure you share one good face picture with someone you trust before your date.

ArtofDesire

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks AlteredEgo. He has been reluctant to provide a face photo, but based on the responses I have gotten here I just sent him an email to let him know that I have reason to believe he has given me a false name and that I would need to be able to confirm his identity before I would agree to meet him. I also requested a face photo. We'll see what he comes back with, if anything.