Mature woman vs. younger guy

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by ClaireTalon, Jan 19, 2006.

1. ClaireTalon

Gold Member

I am talking mostly from my own experience here. Sex with younger guys has been most of the sex that I had in the past, say, 15 years, and I love it, most of the time. It's achieved more popularity too, since the number of celebrity couples with an age difference the wrong way is growing, not each of them a stable couple, but it's in the tabloids more often.

What still annoys me is the negative attitude that persists, towards both involved parties, men as much as women, and especially the bad jokes about "Mommy and her sonny", that kind. I have a lot of personal experience with similar situations, when I leave a bar with a younger guy, I catch the stares. Not that I'd mind, I can hold my head up high, but the fact that there are stares proves that it's still an unusual thing.

I'd be very interested in the opinion of the other LPSG population. I know we're not representative, but it's an outspoken place. My special question to the ladies is whether you already have experience with a younger guy (or could imagine yourself having sex with one), and how you'd handle the comments. And to the guys, would you mind comments from your buddies?

2. RideRocket

Gold Member

I dated an older woman for a while several years back. The sex was incredible! I enjoyed being with a mature woman who knew what she wanted in the bedroom without all the drama. Our age difference was 13 years. Neither of us cared about the stares or looks we got, nor did our friends make any comments. The only comments were ones we made to each other when I would call her a "craddle robber" and she would call me a "grave digger."

3. B_horribleperson

B_horribleperson New Member

my fist time with an older women i was 19 and she was 33. she was bored in her marrage and wanted some fun. she passed me on to a few of her friends. one of them was a 42yo swinger and started taking me to swing clubs (thats another topic)
    currently i've been seeing a 38yo for about a year and its some of the best sex ive had.

i dont see why you should care if people make comments. who the fuck are they?

as long as you are happy and not hurting anyone then who gives a shit about how old the person you are fuck. and yea they should be 18+

4. madame_zora

Gold Member

Oh yeah, legal limits are a strictly drawn line, but I'd never go there anyway.
    The youngest guy I've been with was twenty, and probably more mature than myself in some ways.

I don't give a shit how anyone feels about who I fuck. If it ain't THEM, it's none of their business.

Biggest age gap was a 53 year old guy when I was 26, it was definitely some of the best sex I ever had.

5. MsLulu

MsLulu New Member

I dated a guy 12 years younger than me for a while. He was the best boyfriend I ever had, truth be told. I like that younger men are more free, more open, more willing to experience life: the good and the bad.

As for the comments people make: screw 'em. There has to be an element of jealousy going on for them to make such a big deal out of it. Your true friends will want you happy above all else.

6. Fredneck1951

Fredneck1951 Member

Albums:
    I know a little bit about the subject. I was 23 and my wife 32 when we met. That was 31 years ago.

7. 10.5andproudofit

10.5andproudofit New Member

Albums:
    i've never been with an older woman, but always wanted to try it

8. james24

james24 New Member

I'll second that!

9. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

Damn. I thought this thread would surely have a link to a video, based on the title.

10. Big Ben IV

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Sex with an older woman is a fantasy of mine, I think i could learn alot from them.

11. BJT

BJT New Member

Never been with an older woman but its on my list of things to do before I die :)

12. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

There are no women older than me. :`(

13. SurferGirlCA

Gold Member

I haven't had the experience yet, but it's definitely something I've thought about. I look young(er) for my age any way, so guys my age or older tend to assume I am younger. Younger guys frequently assume I am closer to their age. I know it's a cliche, but I truly believe that age is just a number. I know college-age guys who have a good head on their shoulders and I definitely know 40something guys who seem to dress like an Abercrombie ad and emulate teenage sk8er boys in their behavior. Of course, I live in California, so that probably explains a lot of what I just said. :wink:

In terms of negative comments, CT, since you're not flouting the law, as others have said, who cares? Lord knows there is a huge double standard in our society, since no one really blinks at an older guy with a younger woman. I think it's great that the Demi/Ashtons of the world are showing that it's a two-way street - as it should be.

14. ClaireTalon

Gold Member

It's not so much the comments or stares that I get, what annoys hell outta me is that it's still seen in such a skeptical way. Older guys have been flaunting around openly with women half their age or younger for years, and it's a widely accepted possibility of a couple now. Remeber, aside from affairs that might have existed as long as there's film biz, the age of serious YMOF relationships started in 1983, when comedian Mary Tyler Moore married a doctor, 18 years younger than herself. So, these couples have been around quite some time too, without gaining the same acceptance as YFOM. I really don't care much about emancipation and equal opportunities issues, but this is a matter for which I'd stand up.

On the sexual side, last weekend I got to know a new guy, 20 years. I should say the kid is a jewel to be cut ( ;-) @ Madame). He has the talents, they just need some shaping. I met him again yesterday, and the sex was great again - he's in my little black book now.

Hey, did you think only men own one?!?

15. SurferGirlCA

Gold Member

Well, remember Claire, the powers that be are mostly older males (or were, it's changing thankfully), so it's not at all surprising that they would be completely hypocritical on this issue. That's typically been reflected in pop culture, too. Sean Connery can romance Catherine Zeta-Jones in a movie and no one thinks twice about it, but Michelle Pfeiffer took a step away from her career because she realized she was now expected to play mom roles, basically. Michelle Pfeiffer is no longer sexy? Hmmm, I missed THAT moment in time. I'm sure there have always been YMOF couples, but it's nice to think we've made some progress and those relationships (or hookups) are no more or less scrutinized than the latest Donald Trump/Young Hot Model one is.

16. Bill UK

Bill UK New Member

When I was in my twenties I loved dating older women, they just seemed so much more elegant and confident.........and very sexual.

Often they were divorcees looking to make up for lost time, there never seemed to be much hesitance from them about jumping in the sack.

Now I'm in my mid thirties I tend not to date women much over 40 because, I hate to say it they just seem.........old.

Realise this won't be popular with the ladies, but Clare-you did ask!

17. naughty

Gold Member

Well,

I will tell you what a woman in her 80's said to me looking back on life. She said , "Honey, if I knew then what I know now I would not have had anything to do with any of these old ass men. You need a man with some fire power! Don't look shocked! So you need to get a young one. Besides, we live longer than they do, so that way you will probably go about the same time anyway." A word of wisdom from an older woman looking back. Allegedly women in the late 30's and 40's are in their sexual prime anyway so it stands to reason that they might actually be better matched sexually with a younger man. Of course there are always exceptions to the rule...

Naughty

"I am Cougar, Hear me roar!"

18. BobLeeSwagger

Gold Member

More than half the women I've dated have been older than me, and I often prefer it. I haven't had many issues with others staring or anything. My bigger problem has been that most older women don't want to. Most women seem to prefer older men, not younger ones. Some older women even thought I must be lying about it, that all guys must want to date a woman who's as young as possible, because everyone knows that, right?

I don't lose much sleep over missing out on a woman that's too close-minded to date a younger guy. I just wish there weren't so many of them.

19. ClaireTalon

Gold Member

As for my part, I don't have problems with younger men, but I know a lot of divorcées rather date older men after their marriage than they'll do younger. I guess that either has something to do with their fear of a too tight binding, eventually leading to a new marriage, while they think they've been there and are through with it now, on the one hand, and on the other hand also some perverse psychological mechanism telling them not to let themselves into a sexual relationship again.

Really, I've heard women at work talk about how happy they are again with a guy, without sex, just friendship, common activities and dinners. I' have come out with the issue, asked whether they never had considered the possibilities of a purely sexual relationship. I WAS LOOKED AT BY THEM LIKE I'M A SLUT!! Their common sense level was that they're through with sex, that sex is not important at all, they're too old to play again, and all they need is some male companionship. Should I have called them dried-up old bitches? It was the first term that came to my mind. How can someone live without sex?

Aloofman, you see I understand where you're coming from. But know that there are sexy women over the age of 40 who would love to have sex with you, I'm sure.

20. zaphod

zaphod New Member

Albums:
    I've always preffered older women. The best sex I ever had, was when I was 26, and she was 41. The biggest age difference was last year when I had a short fling with a 65 year old. (she looked like mid 50's). She was very enthusiastic, we had fun, but I just wasn't that sexually attracted to her when she had her clothes off. She was impressed with my staying power, but I think if I had found her more sexually attractive, my staying power would have been much shorter. We are still friends, however.
    In my limited experience, women over 40 were much better than women in their 20's. I prefer enthusiasm and experience over that firm, youthful look anytime.

Draft saved Draft deleted