Max Baucus is a pure asshole...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by tripod, May 13, 2009.

1. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Not only is he an asshole, but he is a human piece of shit. The Democrats are fucking up ROYALLY again and about to enact health care change that will put TRILLIONS into the hands of the insurance companies. We will get health care that will be the same bullshit (denying claims and denying pre-existing conditions) for profit industry that serves only the wealthy.

We need SINGLE PAYER HEALTH CARE to be ON THE MOTHERFUCKING TABLE when these spineless and jelly filled Democrats are RULING on just how pathetic they can make our national health care program for the common man.

Call your senators or local Democratic congressmen... if you are Republican, call or write the Democrats... they are our only hope.

The insurance industry has gotten to the Democrats, but they are not hearing enough noise from the people.

Make some fucking noise people!!!!

First off... write Max Baucus and tell him that his refusal to allow single payer health care to be on the table is un-American and he is seriously letting down the middle and lower classes whicg constitute the bulk of the voting public. Write his ass here.

Next, sign up at SinglePayerAction.org so you can be counted as one of the million.

Then email your senator and or representative if they are Democrats... hell, send the Republicans emails too.

Single payer advocates need to support house bill hr676 and they can find it here.

The Dems are (as usual) deliberately dropping the ball while they are right near the Republican's endzone... the losers will be the American people.

STAND UP!!!! :smile:

#1 tripod, May 13, 2009
    Last edited: May 13, 2009
  2. D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Here's an easy way to send an e-mail to your state senator. Names in alphebetical order. All links provided.

U.S. Senate: Senators Home

3. D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Ok, tripod!

I just sent a quickie e-mail to Barbara Boxer.

It's a bit lame, but I'll repost it here in case anyone wants to copy it and send it to their congressperson (make the necessary changes!):

--------------------

Ms. Boxer. I voted for you (more than once!).

Please fight to keep a single-payer healthcare plan ON THE NEGOTIATING TABLE!

I don't want just a slightly re-vamped version of what we've already got. We need to overhaul the freaking system.

Public opinion is on the democratic side. We have all three branches of government. There will (possibly) not be another time like this for a long while.

Please FIGHT for single-payer healthcare. I know you are sympathetic to this cause.

Will

(after I clicked "send" I was told :
    Thank you!
    Thanks for submitting your views on this issue. Your message will reach the Senator promptly.)

4. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think that is awesome Wiltom, it only takes a minute or two and might not amount to a hill of beans, but I am sure that you feel like you at least did something. Thanks for those senator links too man, that's way cool.

We should probably send one to Obama too. He needs to hear from us as well.

Just cut and paste Wiltom's (slightly edited) message below and edit and personalize it.

Dear (insert senator name here)

Please fight to keep a single-payer healthcare plan ON THE NEGOTIATING TABLE!

We don't need just a slightly re-vamped version of what we've already got. We need to overhaul the entire system. We need to have health care that is for the treatment and prevention of illnesses not FOR the PROFIT of the insurance companies.

Public opinion is on the democratic side. There will (possibly) not be another time like this for a long while.

Please FIGHT for single-payer healthcare. I know you are sympathetic to this cause and would like to see every American have affordable and comprehesive healthcare. The not for profit model is the ONLY model that can actually help the American people and make our country stronger.

Thank you very much for your time - (insert name here)

5. Flashy

Gold Member

so now Max Baucus is an asshole because he is actually worried about how we are going to pay for this plan?

so essentially, now, *ANYONE* even moderate democrats who are beginning to worry about actually financing the plan are in your sights too?

unbelievable...so i guess the republicans aren't the only bad guys now, and it is simply everyone that is becoming worried about the particular path being taken to achieve Universal Health Care, and who are beginning to realize that this is not going to be as easy as simply ramming through legislation which has not been carefully planned and paid for yet?

now it is the moderate democrats who are assholes too?

It is rather amusing to watch the far left now turn their ire to the moderate democrats...just remember, the far left does not control the government...the moderate democrats are the key, and they have responsibilities to what *THEY* believe in which is a semblance of fiscal responsibilty

You don't just get to bully everyone...that sounds remarkably like the way the Far Right behaves.

You see, now there is this teency weency problem that we always run into...you actually have to *PAY* for what you want to spend so if you have *NO* money you *CANNOT* spend it.

Medicare is due to run out of money in 8 years and Social Security in 20...but hey, let's keep spending...now that the republicans are done with their fiscal irresponsibility, it is our turn! Woo hoo!!!! Don't tell us that we can't spend!

Sort of funny that now Baucus is proposing a less sweeping version of the plan that McCain offerred and was ridiculed for.

welcome to the wondereful world of insolvency...first the republicans ran it up and blew it, and now the democrats are doing their best to finish the job.

typical

6. Flashy

Gold Member

Public opinion was on the Republican side for the war in Iraq and look how it worked out.

Public opinion means squat if a plan cannot be paid for.

it is not the job of a senator, most specifically, chairman of the senate finance committee, which writes tax policy, to cave to any kind of public pressure to approve something that he knows, he cannot *PAY* for.

Get this through your head...

*WE HAVE NO MONEY*

7. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Flashy, Well, I understand the fact that we have no money, but health care costs are going through the roof and will truly bankrupt the country if we don't do something now.

Yes, Bush and the Republicans ran us into the ground and the Americans received fucking NOTHING for it. Don't compare trying to spend money giving people something valuable to spending money wastefully on nothing that we can actually USE.

Single payer healthcare can be affordable and can ultimately save the collective country a lot of money.

Cuba doesn't have ANY fucking money, yet can provide comprehensive and worldclass health care for every Cuban. What, are the Cubans fucking magicians?

If we don't do something, then we are all going to be screwed sooner rather than later.

Our workers need health care that can compete with the other developed countries... if they don't get that, the private sector will go belly up from health care costs.

Single payer healthcare can benefit the corporate and business world immeasurably.

Max Baucus is not concerned with how we are going to pay for the plan, he is concerned with upsetting the powerful insurance companies.

#7 tripod, May 13, 2009
  8. Flashy

Gold Member

9. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    First off Flashy, thank you for not agreeing with me without any insults.

Second, if the government wants to spend billions putting more money into the insurance company's coffers, then they might as well just forget about it and spend the money elsewhere.

You either do it right, or you don't do it at all.

Now, a third of all health care spending is spent in the last week of terminal patient's lives. Most doctors do not know when to stop treating terminal patients near the end of their lives and when to start to manage their pain effectively so that they can die in some sort of comfort.

Billions are wasted through this.

People are also over medicated and over tested. Billions are also wasted on this also.

Cut out the waste and bullshit and that number of $120 billion shrinks up rapidly and is a much more manageable number.

A HUGE amount of the health care spending in this country is unnecessary and frivolous.

The $120 billion dollar figure is the result of a MONEY HUNGRY FOR PROFIT industry that seeks to raise that cost as much as possible.

Take out the FOR PROFIT model and the costs shrink faster then your cock in Michael Clarke Duncan's hands. :eek:

10. D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Flashy:

How dare you try to reprimand some of us for contacting our senator and getting involved.

I don't want your cheesy little self-important opinion. Get lost.

You spend entire weeks writing long, rambling, tiresome useless posts after useless posts that just about nobody reads. You can write these -- but I shouldn't write to contact my senator?

What freaking nerve.

11. pym

pym New Member

On this Issue, i am still weighing all the pro's and cons.....
    But i just got sent this message from the White House a minute ago.
    I get messages now that i have set up a correspondence to report traiterous acts. {And YES.....i have been contacted back about THAT}

Good afternoon,

You are receiving this email because you signed up at WhiteHouse.gov. My staff and I plan to use these messages as a way to directly communicate about important issues and opportunities, and today I have some encouraging updates about health care reform.

The Vice President and I just met with leaders from the House of Representatives and received their commitment to pass a comprehensive health care reform bill by July 31.

We also have an unprecedented commitment from health care industry leaders, many of whom opposed health reform in the past. Monday, I met with some of these health care stakeholders, and they pledged to do their part to reduce the health care spending growth rate, saving more than two trillion dollars over the next ten years -- around $2,500 for each American family. Then on Tuesday, leaders from some of America's top companies came to the White House to showcase innovative ways to reduce health care costs by improving the health of their workers.

Now the House and Senate are beginning a critical debate that will determine the health of our nation's economy and its families. This process should be transparent and inclusive and its product must drive down costs, assure quality and affordable health care for everyone, and guarantee all of us a choice of doctors and plans.

Reforming health care should also involve you. Think of other people who may want to stay up to date on health care reform and other national issues and tell them to join us here:

Get Email Updates

Health care reform can't come soon enough. We spend more on health care than any country, but families continue to struggle with skyrocketing premiums and nearly 46 million are without insurance entirely. It is a priority for the American people and a pillar of the new foundation we are seeking to build for our economy.

We'll continue to keep you posted about this and other important issues.

Thank you,
    Barack Obama

P.S. If you'd like to get more in-depth information about health reform and how you can participate, be sure to visit http://www.HealthReform.gov.

#11 pym, May 13, 2009
  12. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Wow... everyone at this site must be fully insured and have the health care that they want.

Which is pure bullshit...

Only me and Wiltom give a shit about health care enough to take a few minutes and write our representatives?

We have a government of the people and your representatives won't do a fucking thing for you unless become at least mildly proactive.

If we don't get a public option... the insurance corporations won't lower ANY premiums and provide better coverage. If we don't get a public option... were will the people with pre-existing conditions get the health care that they desperately need?

This health care issue is NOT a spectator sport and if you sit around and let Washington handle everything, you will get NOTHING!!!!

The liberals on this site are a fucking disappointment.

You get the health care that you ask for and none of you are asking for a damn thing so I guess you won't get jack shit.

Fucking lazy Americans...

13. Sklar

Gold Member

Albums:
    Wow, Trinity. Just because people don't bother to post suddenly everyone is against you and WilTom?

Well, just to make you happy, I have health insurance. it covers everything but dental and prescriptions. After I meet my deductable, I don't have to pay for anything for the rest of the year.

I'm extremely happy with that.

I don't want the federal government getting involved with health care.

I won't be writing any Senator in support of it.

Happy?

Have a great day,

Sklar

14. Sklar

Gold Member

Albums:

AAARRGGG, I'm SO going to regret stepping into this.

I can't talk about other states since I don't work there, but here in Washington state...

Back in 1993 Washington passed the Health Inurance Reform Act. It stated that everyone was guarenteed issued regardless of what was wrong with them.

You are dying of cancer but have no coverage? Move to Washington. Now you can get coverage. You have no insurance? Wait until you get sick then get the insurance. You can't be denied for any reason.

Washington, in 1993, had 88 health insurance companies. Today, 2009, we have: regence, premera, blue cross, mega life, mid-west national & group health. Possibly one or two more.

The point is that it drove away competition and companies like regence and premera have had double digit rate increases ever since 2000.

Let me back track to the year 2000. In that year, the laws were changed so that everyone BUT mid-west and mega life could now deny people coverage based on medical conditions. Mid-west and mega cater only to the self employed, so a vast majority of the people in Washington are not qualified for their insurance.

So that leaves the majority of Washington state residents to go to the other companies. If they are denied coverage for insurance by the private insurance companies, they are then eligible for coverage THROUGH THE STATE, in our high risk pool. The high risk pool is paid for, in part, through the health insurance companies AND the state of Washington. The premiums are very inexpensive and there is a lot of people on it already.

So in Washington, NO ONE has to be uninsured unless they want to be uninsured.

As far as I know, EVERY state in the union has some kind of high risk pool that is paid for by the state and the health insurance companies. So this fallacy of people with pre exisisting, life threatening conditions not getting coverage is really false. Their own states should have their own version of the high risk pool.

Thanks for listening,

Sklar

15. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Quoted (with minor edits) for truth. Pick up the phone and TALK to someone in your congressman and BOTH senators' offices. Three phone calls.

Follow those up with emails.

16. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

What do you do if you live in Arizona and you know your Senators could give a damn about the American people? I usually have no qualms about getting in touch with my representatives, but Senators McCain and Kyl make McConnell (KY) look like Angela fuckin' Davis.

17. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Call them anyway. Their job is to represent the whole citizenry of their state...not just the ones who belong to the same party.

So call their offices and make your feelings known. Then follow up with emails...or even better, written letters.

Stick to the affirmative...express why you feel it's essential for a public option to be part of the debate. Avoid any negativity, partisan rancor, or blaming of any group for the ills of the status quo.

18. Trinity

Trinity New Member

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

19. transformer_99

Gold Member

Emotion, few details, in Obama's health care pitch - Yahoo! News

It's the same old sh*t in Washington DC. When their healthcare is taken away and unattainable to get, then and only then will it be something they do something about. I say we revoke the benefits packages for Congress and the Federal government in general. I'll bet they have nationalized healthcare passed unanimously before the congressional session is over ?

20. cruztbone

Gold Member

If any of you saw Obama's town hall meeting (it was on c-span today) then you know how hard he is working to provide a public health care option. senator ben nelson of Nebraska , a conservative demo, has signed on to the plan. Now we need to get Mary Landrieu of Louisiana, who is against the Obama plan, to change her mind. she was the ONLY incumbent senate Democrat who BARELY won reelection last year while Louisiana went big for McCain, so this is no surprise. So , all you Louisianans who want real health care reform need to call her office and let her know.

Draft saved Draft deleted