May 5 Fox News Republican debate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by lucidbass, May 7, 2011.

1. lucidbass

lucidbass New Member

Anyone watched it?

It was actually fairly good compared to last time. More opinions were actually expressed and answers, though misguided ones, were given.

The clear winner was Ron Paul. He was amazing in 2008, but he was even better in this debate. Great reception.

Ron Paul on legalizing drugs and gay marriage

Gary Johnson was good as well, but he was awful at phrasing his opinions and he was clearly not taken seriously. Sadly.

The rest was mostly played out neo-con rhetoric we've heard before, but at least they attempted to answer the questions.

Except for Herman Cain, who is clearly already being pushed by Fox News. He refused to answer any of the questions and went back to what happened during the last time's debates; use nothing buzzwords and phrases the crowd would eat up without really answering any questions. Awful candidate. 'I don't have the information, I don't have the answers, but if I did, my answers would be awesome. Trust me. CAIN 2012!!!'

2. parr

parr New Member

I was impressd with Ron Paul, he seemed to have his shit together.:biggrin1:

3. houtx48

Gold Member

He raised a dip shit kid...................

4. lucidbass

lucidbass New Member

Sad but true. I'm not that into Rand either. He's kinda trying to balance the neo-con and libertarian line a bit too much.

5. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

Indeed. I'm getting the same sense of fear and foreboding as when I first saw Obama.

Puzzling, too, is that so much favor would have been bestowed on him, given his corporate background and his absolute stance against "enhanced interrogation".

With so much influence being attributed to the Tea Party, his corporate-speak should have been enough to sound the warning bells -- given his actual corporate involvement, I would have expected him to be anathema

6. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Not much noise was made about this debate since several prominent candidates decided not to show. As for Ron Paul, if he really wanted to make a statement he'd run as an Independent and not as a Republican. Although it's commendable that he wants to legalize certain drugs and supports gay marriage, it's because of these stances why he has a very slim (if not inexistent) chance to win the Republican nomination in the current political climate. Any GOP candidate needs to have the backing of the family values & religious sectors. Trying to convince this base of people on drug legalization and gay marriage will be close to impossible. He makes more sense than Bachmann, but because of this crazy vice she actually has an advantage over him. And we all know she is just a lunatic.

The GOP is in a rock & a hard place right now for finding a viable candidate. Because of their embracing of the "Teahadists", there are a number of viewpoints that are either contradictory to one another (or are completely against nationwide opinion based on various polls) that one has to touch on. Romney, who I personally think would be the best choice for the Republicans at this point, is losing support because he backed a health care plan in his state that is very similar to the one Obama pushed. Even Gingrich, who we all kinda assumed would not make it, is getting eaten alive by his own party for criticizing the Paul Ryan budget plan. At this point, Pawlenty is looking like their best bet despite him having the charisma of a pet rock... although there are mentions of Daniels now, but he has his own questionable actions that could make things bad for him.

#6 B_VinylBoy, May 19, 2011
    Last edited: May 19, 2011
Draft saved Draft deleted