May I introduce my housemate?

wvalady1968: Actually, since I've moved in with him, perhaps I'm his housemate.

He's a complex guy. Some people are intimidated by him, but that's usually an indication that they realize he knows that they're not what they should be.

He lost his wife, his college sweetheart, to breast cancer a few years ago, and finished raising their two girls, who are as beautiful and sweet as their mother was. They're attending separate colleges out of town, but their bedrooms are still here.

He's not a pretty man. Most women would walk past him without noticing him [Thank God], but he's a considerable amount of personality. He's a man's man, which comes from a lifelong love of anything athletic, but he has enough self confidence to act very silly in front of me and the girls. [Going so far as to even do a farcical ballet routine in the kitchen, complete with mock tutu, which had us almost rolling on the floor!]

He doesn't smother, and he doesn't father. He values my opinions enough to seek them out. And when I relax enough to be completely honest, he astounds me by often laughing out loud at the way I express myself.

And he's a big guy. Not fat, just large. For the first time in a long, long time, I feel "petite". I'm 5'9" and 140#; he's 6'3" and ~220#. We spent a night at a friend's house this weekend in a double bed and learned about not sleeping for all the wrong reasons. :D

He may come here. He knows I do and we've talked about some of the posts. [Especially the first ones when you all helped me.] If he does, it'll be under his own name or guest name.

Folks, meet David!

awellhungboi: Sounds like a great guy! Look forward to meeting him. Any friend of yours, Allie . . .

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Allie, I can see about 3 feet of air between your feet and the ground.

Thanks, David, for giving our girl a lift!

Good luck to both of you!

da_blissmachine: is this.... romantic or just roomies?

my roomie is a neet freak

wvalady1968: Thanks, Guys. I'll pass the kind words along.

Pecker, I'm happier than I have a right to be. But I'm not quite floating. Some decisions are bittersweet, you know?

Bliss, yes, the relationship is not platonic. And I'm the neat freak here. He's still teasing me for alphabatizing the spices. [That's the only way I can find what I want without wasting time!] He likes it that I organized his bureau drawers, though. [The better to find more room for MY stuff!] :D

prepstudinsc: Welcome David....join in the fun we have here!

AnonyMs: Allie, precious: If he starts to ever not treat you right, you just let us know and we will ALL give him whatfor.

But... he does sound pretty darned wonderful.

Hope he posts so we can get to know him as well. That would be our third official couple who posts on the board... are there any more besides sammy and Max, the two newlyweds, and now maybe Allie and David?

sammygirly: I'm dying for more couples onboard! I'm sure you're all tired of hearing from Max and I ~laughs~

Congratulations Allie sweety - sounds to me like you deserve each other.

Isn't love grand?

da_blissmachine: congrats!

unfortunately htough in my opinionlove sucks

wvalady1968: Aw, Bliss, I'm sorry!

Nothing hurts ya like love can. That's a fact.

da_blissmachine: well to tell the truth my life sucks today

dfox7.3x5: You go, girl! You have all the right reasons for being crazy about this guy. I'm really happy for you!

(But why is everyone's name David??? Of six guy managers where I work, three of us are David. Of course there's NEVER any confusion...)

David

wvalady1968: [quote author=da_blissmachine link=board=meetgreet;num=1067863926;start=0#11 date=11/03/03 at 14:59:36]well to tell the truth my life sucks today[/quote]

I'm sorry, Bliss. The job? What?

7x6andchg: Allie-

Nothing hurts like love...but nothing brings such joy as love either...it's a Catch-22 of sorts.

Not a David
7x6&C

aussiechick63: Good luck Allie You do sound like you're floating.
Let's hope we welcome David here very soon too.

I do have one question.
What is wrong with alphabetising the herbs and spices?I'm with you. I do it too or I never find them. hehehe

wvalady1968: [quote author=7x6+C link=board=meetgreet;num=1067863926;start=0#14 date=11/03/03 at 17:27:26]
Not a David
[/quote]

:D

I know. You're a Paul.
I like that name very much, too.

wvalady1968: [quote author=dfox7.3x5 link=board=meetgreet;num=1067863926;start=0#12 date=11/03/03 at 15:04:56]
(But why is everyone's name David??? Of six guy managers where I work, three of us are David. Of course there's NEVER any confusion...)

David[/quote]

Cool! And you know what the name means, too, I'll bet!

wvalady1968: [quote author=aussiechick63 link=board=meetgreet;num=1067863926;start=0#15 date=11/03/03 at 17:32:23]Good luck Allie You do sound like you're floating.
Let's hope we welcome David here very soon too.

I do have one question.
What is wrong with alphabetising the herbs and spices?I'm with you. I do it too or I never find them. hehehe[/quote]

A sister!! Alright, Tracey!! :D

People don't understand that we organize like that out of basic laziness and hating to waste time looking for stuff.

I read some of these posts to David. He has this look he gives me where he just arches one eyebrow. That's what I got in response to the idea that he might post here. I usually know what that look means, but this time I'm not sure.

da_blissmachine: i had a lot of nightmares and generalized anxiety today

When you have and Indian kitchen you HAVE to alphabatise the spices... but by which name... which alphabet... which language?