Maybe now we can all get what we want

JTalbain

Experimental Member
Media
Just found this site. Foregen | Promoting Genital Integrity through Regenerative Medicine They're a not-for-profit organization and they're pretty close to a clinical trial it seems, having one on hold that was originally slated for 2010. Anyone think this'll pan out? And if it does, do you think it'll potentially lead to other breakthroughs in recovery from nerve damage?

krieger88

Just Browsing
Media
Unfortunately they're only at $17,400 so far out of their $200,000 goal. I want to help spread the word about them but don't know how.

D_Miranda_Wrights

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't trust this organization because it does not provide sufficient documentation. Also, the idea of providing congressional aid is silly to me. Why shouldn't they raise it for themselves?

JTalbain

Experimental Member
Media
Didn't pay attention for awhile, but it looks like Foregen's actually making a serious go of it. They've got a Kickstarter set up for an awareness campaign (which has quite a few big donors already), they've recruited some key people (including a doctor who successfully regenerated vaginal tissue), and they've registered as a not-for-profit organization to get the ball rolling toward human trials.

I think it's worth a look, even for people not interested in donating. It's surprising how far they've come in just four years. If they succeed, I'd love to see how far their research goes.

Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1337054006/hufo-the-missing-piece

Foregen's website: Foregen

JTalbain

Experimental Member
Media
I'm actually kind of surprised no one has any thoughts about it, one way or the other. It's a significant leap in medical science to be able to just regrow missing body parts. Besides the obvious benefits to everyone medically if such procedures became more commonplace and expanded to other missing pieces (I'm sure anyone missing their entire dong is watching with great interest), I think it's kind of worth noting how this will affect other areas.

For instance, it kind of turns the whole circumcision debate on its ear. The idea that you can't know what it would have been like to have a foreskin will no longer be true, and it will be equally untrue that the procedure is completely irreversible.

Also, this is a procedure that will require usage of stem cells. The greatest market base for their customers will come from the US, and the US is kind of... unfriendly to the usage of stem cells. Is there going to be a religious/political backlash over it?

I'm actually kind of wondering how this will all turn out. Anyone have any ideas?

techpump

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I read every word of their websites. I am inspired! I agree with everything they say. To imagine what we've learned all these years, that the male penis only has 3,000 nerves as opposed to the 8,000 in the female clitoris, is a total lie because it involves a POST-cut male most likely! I've been thinking this for the last few years, when I learned about the nerve differences between male and female genitals. "Did they get the number of male nerves from an intact penis?" Probably not. It doesn't make sense for the male foreskin to NOT have a ton of nerves, its a huge piece of skin that is alive! I'm cut and have a lot of sensitivity, at least it sure feels that way. My doc left that triangle shaped skin intact on the underside of my penis, and a good portion of my frenulum is still there. It's super sensitive sometimes I can hardly touch it. I'm all for foreskin regeneration, I hope these guys start helping men all over the world, and start preventing the cutting of little boys AND girls (lets not forget the thousands of clits that are shortened and/or removed completely because the doctors and parents think their daughters will grow up "with a penis.").

trjnhrs9

Expert Member
Media
I'm actually kind of surprised no one has any thoughts about it, one way or the other. It's a significant leap in medical science to be able to just regrow missing body parts. Besides the obvious benefits to everyone medically if such procedures became more commonplace and expanded to other missing pieces (I'm sure anyone missing their entire dong is watching with great interest), I think it's kind of worth noting how this will affect other areas.

For instance, it kind of turns the whole circumcision debate on its ear. The idea that you can't know what it would have been like to have a foreskin will no longer be true, and it will be equally untrue that the procedure is completely irreversible.

Also, this is a procedure that will require usage of stem cells. The greatest market base for their customers will come from the US, and the US is kind of... unfriendly to the usage of stem cells. Is there going to be a religious/political backlash over it?

I'm actually kind of wondering how this will all turn out. Anyone have any ideas?

I think the only objection to stem cell use is that which involves embryonic stem cells. Because newer discoveries have shown other sources of human stem cells, besides those from embryonic sources, are equally effective, the whole stem cell debate could easily be put to rest and scientific applications explored without controversy.