Mayday

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by shad24, Apr 30, 2006.

1. shad24

shad24 New Member

May 1st, Mayday, Thousands of Mexican immigrants are planning to stay home from work to protest the immigration laws.
    Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Do you think they will get their point across or just piss alot of people off?
    Also, If you are in management how do you feel? would you reprimand them?
    What about the illegals that dont show up for work?

2. AMikkell

AMikkell New Member

I don't think anything significant will happen. Those who are opposed will still be opposed at the end of the day, and those who sympathize will still sympathize.

3. B_big dirigible

B_big dirigible New Member

That won't do the pious claim that they're "just here to work" much good.

4. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

So they want to reap all the benefits of this country without paying taxes, without having a driver's license, without learning to speak the native tongue or even leaving the little microcosm they have instilled and niggas are still begging for the rewards we so richly deserve.

Glorious.

5. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    well, nobody should be required to have a driving license, that's fair enough. I think the system is basically broken in that it automatically treats all illegal immigrants the same (subject to regional interpretation, i know): the hardworking, honest men and women who are actually doing their best for themselves and their families get the same treatment as the dole leeches and gangbangers simply because they're all "illegal." i've known plenty of both kinds, and it's pure bureaucratic stupidity to paint them all with the same brush. many "illegal" immigrants are much better people and citizens than the vast majority of "natives" - and those that aren't are not likely to be discouraged by current legislation since they entered the country illegally in the first place.

6. Bryan_Lyte2

Gold Member

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

7. B_cricketsliar

B_cricketsliar New Member

Do Hatian immigrants boycott their low paying jobs as domestics', cleaning ladies, and or blueberry picker's to express their value to the national economy.

Do Jamaican immigrants demand provisional New Jersey Driver Licenses without respect to the legality of their immigration status?

What about all of the African immigrants who come here, and clean Wal_Mart parking lots on the night shift in the pouring rain, while the Mexicans get to stay inside dry heated store?

Mexican's want to be recognized as a special class of immigrants, and yes this a problem?

8. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

The problem is not that they're coming here; it's that they're coming here driving down wages for the legal working poor and middle class. Of course the best solution is for Mexico to get its shit together and take care of its citizenry.

They cannot have this country. It is owed to the black man. We were the original Mexican. We built Uncle Sam's house of horrors from blood sweat and copious tears. Over my dead nigger body will they convert this into Third World squalor.

9. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

What to do with illegals already here should be a secondary concern. The primary concern should be stopping the incessant flow of them into the United States. After which we can worry about whether to legalize the ones already here, or deport them, or pile them all in a Camaro and attach it to a rocket it and launch them into the sun.

10. shad24

shad24 New Member

Just talked to friend who is a regional manager of Wendy's.
    He told me that everytime Immigration comes around and does the ID check, half the workers turn out to be illegals. They disappear for a few days then show up again at the same store putting in applications with a different name and ssn. He said it never fails

11. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

Unfair comparison. A better comparison to answer the intial post would be to compare how employers treated Af-Am who did not work to particiapte in the Million Man March, if you will.

That is, should they be penalized for taking the day off to participate? Hmmm.

They aren't boycotting their jobs--they are boycotting what they perceive to be unfair/harsh/reactionary/politically strategic legislation. They are protesting to show just how much a part of the economy immigrants are. When I say immigrants, I mean LEGAL foreigners. Aliens would be those who are here illegally. There is a difference and this "immigrant/alien" issue is not new. it just has the ability to polarize and unify different bases, so it is being utilized now where before it was ignored (NAFTA, anyone?).

Dr. Rock makes some valid points and I firmly beleive that people who move here should do so via the legal channels. You should have to be a legalized citizen to drain the tax base and reap all the benfits of being a US Citizen, but then, those rules don't apply to the U.S. Commonwealths--resident there get all the benefits and arent taxed either, IIRC. Go figure.

12. shad24

shad24 New Member

Now that Mexico is trying to legalize pot maybe it will slow some of them down.
    * On a side note*
    I work with a guy from Jamaica, salt of the earth type, Everybody at the company helped him study for his "Final exam for citizenship' he aced the test and we thru a party. Less than 2 weeks later he walked in down in the dumps. He had received the summons for Jury duty!

13. geitjeshoeder

geitjeshoeder Active Member

We have the same problem here, only we have the Poles and the Romanians. They do all our dirty work. Since most people dislike working in greenhouses and on the field, business needs these illegal-immigrants. The people who say that illegal immigrant-labour is bad, are same people that complain about the high price of food and also the ones that say that they can't find a job.

14. Matthew

Gold Member

Shut it down!

15. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

I found some interesting points in this article from CNN.com:
    Some info here may speak to why the issue has been overlooked for some time.

16. Shelby

Gold Member

Damn, and I was planning to go see my Korean barber lady today for a haircut and a blowjob.

17. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    the problem there is that it's pretty much impossible for people from many "blacklisted" countries to immigrate legally unless they're millionaires and/or hold 17 doctorates in advanced ballsology. I should know; i worked my ass off up and down the east coast for nearly 3 years only to get shitcanned because john ashcroft didn't want "my sort" in the US.

18. Matthew

Gold Member

Haha, I guess you'll have to "buy american" today.

I could recommend my barber, he's a gringo and he can take his dentures out for that coveted no-teeth work. I can't vouch for his skills, however. And he doesn't have any hair on top, in case you like to grab hold and force him down deep.

19. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

Yeah, and the economy of Great Britain was the best in the world when 5-year-olds were being sent into coal mines and women were working 15 hours a day for the modern equivalent of 10 bucks a week. Illegal immigration is driving down wages. Whoever supports illegal immigration in any way is driving down wages. Employers who hire illegals are in this group. As are illegals themselves.

20. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

As with a lot of things--our politicians ignore or highlight things when they benefit them best (no sooner or later).

Draft saved Draft deleted