Mayday

bigschlotsky

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dr. Dilznick said:
Yeah, and the economy of Great Britain was the best in the world when 5-year-olds were being sent into coal mines and women were working 15 hours a day for the modern equivalent of 10 bucks a week. Illegal immigration is driving down wages. Whoever supports illegal immigration in any way is driving down wages. Employers who hire illegals are in this group. As are illegals themselves.

Agreed. The sad thing is this issue gets all tied up with issues of race and class and all that. But I agree with you completely Dilznick. Not only does the current rate of illegal immigration drive down wages, it's TERRIBLE for the environment. We're too crowded, with too many polluting cars, and we need to exert controls on immigration.

AMikkell

Just Browsing
Media
Based on a scientific view, if the country becomes bad enough due to illegal immigration, then illegal imigration will stop itself. If we want to make illegal immigration stop, we either help destroy this country, or we raise the level of other countries to meet our own. Only when all places are equally bad, or good, if you prefer, will illegal immigration stop.

brainzz_n_dong

Just Browsing
Media
Too bad our border patrol and immigration officals don't take advantage of all of today's (and last month's marches, for that matter) marches to actually catch their 'prey' for a change. I mean the people they're looking for can be ID'ed as the ones waving signs, marching in the streets, taking off work today/going back to work tomorrow, and trying to remember the Spanish words to the Star Spangled Banner. Even if you're a government bureaucrat, those are hard clues to miss.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
AMikkell said:
Based on a scientific view, if the country becomes bad enough due to illegal immigration, then illegal imigration will stop itself. If we want to make illegal immigration stop, we either help destroy this country, or we raise the level of other countries to meet our own. Only when all places are equally bad, or good, if you prefer, will illegal immigration stop.

It's a natural consequence of a free market economy.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
bigschlotsky said:
Agreed. The sad thing is this issue gets all tied up with issues of race and class and all that. But I agree with you completely Dilznick. Not only does the current rate of illegal immigration drive down wages, it's TERRIBLE for the environment. We're too crowded, with too many polluting cars, and we need to exert controls on immigration.

The debate should be around economics and rules around the welfare system. However, this is such a "race card" it's laughable. I know and see sooooooo many Chinese immigrants come here with their shit together, learn the language and scoff at what they are seeing (well, two friends are from prior Hong Kong). ;-)

B_horribleperson

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
they are not immigrants they are ILLEGAL ALIENS. immigrants are people who live here legally

if they want to come here they can wait in line like the hundreds of millions of people have done over the past 200 years. shut the fuck and learn to speak english just like everyone else did.

the business people that hire ILLEGALS should be thrown in jail and have there assets taken away.

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
I wish we could figure out a way to allow illegal immigrants who want to work to come here on an equal ratio to the barking moonbats who dislike the USA could be persuaded to leave.

The bm's are entertaining. I'll grant you that. But the ii's promise to be more industrious. After all they showed a certain amount of gumption making the effort to get their asses here in the first place.

B_cricketsliar

Experimental Member
Media
brainzz_n_dong said:
Too bad our border patrol and immigration officals don't take advantage of all of today's (and last month's marches, for that matter) marches to actually catch their 'prey' for a change. I mean the people they're looking for can be ID'ed as the ones waving signs, marching in the streets, taking off work today/going back to work tomorrow, and trying to remember the Spanish words to the Star Spangled Banner. Even if you're a government bureaucrat, those are hard clues to miss.

If the U.S. government did that, it would only serve to further the very point of today's protest. The U.S. government cannot afford to be shown up, by actually engaging in Mass deportations throughout the U.S., because it might, just might, have an adverse effect on certain sector's of the Economy. Also I know that here in New Jersey, one of the problem that INS has is actually determining the real identity of many illegal aliens, since most have fradualent credential's supplied the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission. These illegal aliens never use the same name on any two government documents for more than six months, and if they are ever apprehended by the authorities, and subsequently fingerprinted- they just create a clean identity, and hope they never get caught and fingerprinted again.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
bigschlotsky said:
Not only does the current rate of illegal immigration drive down wages, it's TERRIBLE for the environment. We're too crowded, with too many polluting cars
well, this may sound too radically obvious for political consideration, but i'd suggest that a good way to combat emissions pollution would be harsher environmental legislation and tougher restrictions on owning vehicles, rather than kicking the issue down to people entering the country. there are too many people and too much consumption on the planet period; that's a waaay broader issue than immigration, legal or otherwise.

shad24

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
brainzz_n_dong said:

Actually, from what I read, Quite a few roundups occurred after a march they had last month