Mayor Palin: Failed Censor

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hmm. And such a free democratic process than an inexperienced community organizer can wind up on the top line of the democratic ticket.

I guess I missed the speech where Palin indicated she doesn't 'believe' in a balanced budget or evolution. If she is as miserable and ineffective as everyone in this thread lets on, why does she have an 80% approval rating in Alaska? That's the best of any governor in the U.S.

Can't wait to hear...

her approval rating in Alaska is 67% right now, its been dropping steadily since troopergate.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
well, there is precedent for liberals to censor, too. It does cut both ways, but another thing I find disturbing is that if you look at the list, you will notice a certain translation of the Bible was also on her list--so Palin may be one of these "God speaks King James English only and any other translation is heresy" nut jobs.
Yes, Sarah belongs to a denomination called the Assemblies of God, which is very fundamentalist. They believe that the King James Bible is inerrant and literally true. They also believe in The Rapture. In a speech she recently gave at her church she said that our present leaders in Washington are carrying out God's Plan, including the war in Iraq.

Hmm. And such a free democratic process than an inexperienced community organizer can wind up on the top line of the democratic ticket.

I guess I missed the speech where Palin indicated she doesn't 'believe' in a balanced budget or evolution. If she is as miserable and ineffective as everyone in this thread lets on, why does she have an 80% approval rating in Alaska? That's the best of any governor in the U.S.

Can't wait to hear...

Gov. Palin believes that Creationism is a valid scientific theory. She is a devout Assemblies of God church goer. Here is their position on Creation/Evolution.

The history of Sarah's fiscal conservatism. The good stuff is near the bottom of the article. Sarah is a staunch fiscal conservative in the modern Republican Bush school, where you take office with a budget surplus and leave office with a record deficit, because of irresponsibly cutting taxes to get votes and spending government money like a drunken sailor.

Last edited:

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The Constitution will be next. Don't want those pesky voters getting any dangerous ideas about their Rights.
Sarah already broadcast the proper right wing code words in her convention speech. In that speech she spoke with disdain that Obama might be interested in the preservation of the civil liberties of anyone detained in the war on terror.

You could see on her face the usual Republican disgust for the topic of civil liberties. They don't seem to equate civil liberties with freedom. Why do they hate The Constitution so much?

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
cause it doesn't mention God once....

And it only mentions religion twice- and both times to prohibit the government from having anything to do with it.

The sad thing is this...
America was FOUNDED as the world first Secular state. BOth Washington and Adams stated this in no uncertain terms in the US treaty with Tripoli.

The RESULT of being a secular state, is that America is one of the most religious nations on earth. Certainly the most religious population of any first world nations.

You would think that this result would make the religious understand how secular government has worked FOR them.

But it comes down to this... Conservatives put GOD before country.

They are NOT patriots, they are zealots.

It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that they are putting an IMAGINARY friend before their duty to nation.
They are pledging allegiance to a delusion- as having priority to the reality of national needs and strategizing for the future of citizens.

We really need to spread the undeniable fact that these twerps are NOT patriots.
They would sell the Constitution down the river in a heartbeat to further their delusional beliefs.

They have PROVEN this to be true.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I love how practically every Halloween book is listed there. She'd probably ban the game Pac-Man because the game has ghosts in it.

I seriously hope everyone is paying attention to this. Censorship... mindless censorship at that. More proof that McCain/Palin isn't what we need in the White House. Like we need her deciding what we should let our kids see? She can't even take care of her own properly.

Qua

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
BULLSHIT ALERT!

BULLSHIT ALERT!

THIS LIST IS BOGUS! Palin may have made inquiries about censoring books, but this extensive list (including the dictionary) is in NO WAY connected to her or that incident.

Michelle Malkin The bogus Sarah Palin Banned Books List

A snippet "...a bogus list of books Gov. Sarah Palin supposedly banned in 1996. Looks like some of these library people failed reading comprehension. Take a look at the list below and you’ll find books Gov. Palin supposedly tried to ban…that hadn’t even been published yet. Example: The Harry Potter books, the first of which wasn’t published until 1998."

This list is from a generic ACLU list of books which have been suggested for banning from libraries, not specific to Palin.

Last edited:

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Oh- so she wasn't in favor of banning books, rather she was merely in favor of banning books.

I appreciate the more accurate information, but the list is immaterial to me.

If she is in favor of banning ANY book, she is unfit to uphold the constitution.

Qua

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
And that is a perfectly fair opinion (and one I agree with) but the list itself made me seeth; it was clearly created as a smear, and to incite people to whom the mere notion of banning books isn't enough to cause frenzy. And I hate deliberately incorrect smearing almost as much as I hate banning books.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I agree... but it makes me wonder...
is this extra long and erroneous list of books the embellishment of a liberal true believer who desperately wants to erode Palin's reputation...

Or is it something put out by conservatives to SPIN an attack they must know is coming.... so that they can distract the public from the censorship issue by making the liberals look like liar's

Ask yourself... If Rove found out about an accurate and undeniable book banning list that was being circulated by liberals...

How would he respond?

I say his style would be to flood the internet with a falsified list of books, so that when anyone brought it up on air.... it could be dismissed by naming the books on the list that were not even in print...
thereby casting doubt on the entire list, on any list.

Qua

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Possible, but I haven't found another list of books associated with her other than this one, which is more than a little amusing. The blog entry in my first post details where the bogus list seems to have originated, and it seems that was the first to touch on the story at all. I can't find anything that leads me to believe otherwise, but I'm still looking.

Thus far it really looks like a case of baseless smearing from a Moveon.org type, or else a very funny piece of humor that nobody got--my personal theory, cuz if it were intended humorously...brilliant. I'm sure he sat back and laughed at the guillible firestorm and the vehement backlash. Something I'd be proud of for the rest of my life.

Last edited:

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Our local NPR station has reported that that the book banning story has been embroidered a bit, she actually did speak to a librarian about some books, but did not seek any action.

jexeter87

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View

Can't wait to hear...

She clearly doesn't believe in evolution, because she wants to introduce creationism into high school science lessons. And her track record doesn't indicate a particularly strong desire to balance the budget - as mayor, she left her tiny little town in $20 million debt Dems armed with Palin opposition - Glenn Thrush - Politico.com

Now, since when do approval ratings actually mean that a politician is good, and should be in charge of an entire nation? And even if they did, surely the fact that Alaska comprises a whopping 0.2% of the US population suggests that that sample is so small that her approval bearing there in no way indicates how the rest of the country would view her?

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think its highly unlikely that anyone that McCain put on the ticket would be met with anything less than hostile attacks and negative remarks on this forum.

As Governor of Alaska, she controls a considerably larger dept than Obama and Biden combined.

C'mon, Jex. You completely dismiss approval ratings? Its not much of a stretch to say that if 4 out 5 people that you represent are pleased, you may be doing something right?

You need the jaws of life to extract a single compliment or positive remark out of the left over any Republican candidate in U.S. history. It seems every republican past and present is a buffoon.

jexeter87

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
4 out of 5 people in a population of 600,000. Which is one particular demographic. Out of over 300 million? That's very hard to tell. Especially when she's only been in the job since 2006, and admittedly hasn't had too many crises in her state. Realise that Alaska is nothing.

Her views really scare me: if McCain is indisposed, the entire world has to worry about having Palin with her finger on the button. It's a really scary thought. The fact that she talks of doing God's work in not just the war in Iraq but in drilling for oil suggests that she isn't a woman of reason, and that is surely the main criterion for being not just a vice president, but a well-balanced human being.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
well, she took on the good ole boy network and eliminated and cleaned up a very corrupt government in Alaska. I don't want to get into a pissing match, but what has Obama accomplished? Not a helluva lot during his stint in Illinois.

Its not difficult to attack any of the candidates from our living rooms. I think you may be surprised by Palin going forward. Let's see how the debates work out.

I like listening to Obama, and I think he makes sense on a lot of issues. I don't like his tax plan nor his healthcare proposals.