Mayor Palin: Failed Censor

D_Davy_Downspout

Account Disabled
Media
Hmm. And such a free democratic process than an inexperienced community organizer can wind up on the top line of the democratic ticket.

I guess I missed the speech where Palin indicated she doesn't 'believe' in a balanced budget or evolution.

Someone gave you the citation...shockingly, the entirety of her beliefs weren't in a short speech that was written for her. You never touched this one again.

If she is as miserable and ineffective as everyone in this thread lets on, why does she have an 80% approval rating in Alaska? That's the best of any governor in the U.S.

Can't wait to hear...

Congress has a sub-10% approval rating, hasn't been over 50% in years, and has a 95% re-election rate. Also, that sound you here is you a) attacking a strawman argument and b) trying to change the subject

I think its highly unlikely that anyone that McCain put on the ticket would be met with anything less than hostile attacks and negative remarks on this forum.

As Governor of Alaska, she controls a considerably larger dept than Obama and Biden combined.

C'mon, Jex. You completely dismiss approval ratings? Its not much of a stretch to say that if 4 out 5 people that you represent are pleased, you may be doing something right?

You need the jaws of life to extract a single compliment or positive remark out of the left over any Republican candidate in U.S. history. It seems every republican past and present is a buffoon.

Strawman. You're fighting your own little fight against arguments nobody is making. You're trying to white-knight the Republican Party but doing it without sources.

well, she took on the good ole boy network and eliminated and cleaned up a very corrupt government in Alaska. I don't want to get into a pissing match, but what has Obama accomplished? Not a helluva lot during his stint in Illinois.

Citations for this? Either one point you tried to make. Also you avoided and redirected. Again.

Its not difficult to attack any of the candidates from our living rooms. I think you may be surprised by Palin going forward. Let's see how the debates work out.

I like listening to Obama, and I think he makes sense on a lot of issues. I don't like his tax plan nor his healthcare proposals.

Sympathizing, still not answering questions.

well, how's it going in UK?

With healthcare? Pretty good, in general better than the US. See my exhaustive reply in my post history, in another thread. A few days ago. Again, this isn't a substantive post, you haven't offered anything.

Sargon,

I agree with you on that regard. But, what about the God that Obama worshipped for over 20 years at Pastor Jeremiah Wright's side?

Are those the values that are more presidential? Commending and applauding the works of Farrakan and spewing hatred to whites and Jews?

Yuck. I think we should stay away from religion in this election on both sides.

Avoid and redirect again.

its okay that his family worshipped with racists for 2 decades because he 'kept it to himself?'

This thread wreaks of double standards.

Ad hominem and un-supported.

Well if you believe that Reverend Wright only made 20 seconds of offensive and outlanding statements and they were all captured in a couple sound bites, that is your prerogative.

Again, it would be refreshing for one left-leaning person to just say, "Yep. Wright is a little out there. Dunno why Obama was there for 20 years."

I don't think religion should be in politics or law. I agree. Not impossible for me to acknowledge. Why is it so difficult from your side of the aisle to concede even the most obvious facts about your candidates?

People have said that. But that's not what you're saying. Your words are "racist". That's what they're arguing. Stop using incendiary talking points, then saying "hey it's not so bad, why can't you admit that it's not a big deal".

Vinyl, where are you going with this? If you aren't offended by things people say, why would you be offended that Palin and Bush believe in God?

If the republican party is the party of hypocrites, maybe John Edwards should jump over to our side. Preaching about his ideals to us; all the while fucking some whore while his wife is undergoing cancer treatments. Nice. I'm sure you have another word for it tho because there aren't any hypocrites in the Dem Party.

Deliberate misinterpretation and redirect.

Also, it's pretty clear that the poster's in this thread have is that Bush/Palin try to legislate based on religious guidelines. They're on record saying they would. Obama has done nothing of the sort. Is that really hard to see?

and another icon of moral and ethical behavior -- Eliot Spitzer. Greatest hypocrite of the last 30 years.

I'm with you on this one.

Okay. I don't like the pushing of religion - i don't think it has any place in politics. Further, I don't think we should be telling a woman what to do with her body. I completely agree.

Why do you keep bringing up Wright then? Also, why do you support a party that disagrees with your abortion stance? And a candidate.

I think Edwards' wife would catagorize his activity a little differently than 'sexual activity'. I think there may have been a vow taken between the two sometime on their wedding day.

I agree that what Edwards did was reprehensible. Do you condemn McCain for doing the same? (btw this is how you do a redirect)

Does Eliot Spitzer qualify tho? He built his entire career (the one that his dad bought for him) by taking down prostitution rings and making public personal attacks on NYC executives. The whole while he is wiring tens of thousands of dollars all across the eastern seaboard nailing teenage prostitutes, then zipping his dick back in and heading to court to take down another prostitution ring and attack the personal lives of high profile business leaders. In fact, if he hadn't been caught, he'd probably be on the democratic ticket right now.

Still on Spitzer? And not a chance, he was not well liked in politics.

nope. I was simply pointing out that the democrats shouldn't be launching grenades while perched in a glass house. I continually see references to the Repubs as a group of 'hypocrites', yet never acknowledging any cracks within your own party.

Still fighting a strawman. I don't think that anyone in this thread said anything good about Spitzer.

You can slice that anyway you want but by refusing to listen to anyone but the choir about were the WMD's real he shut out 'the best available information'. Bill Clinton knew and everyone knew the evidence was flimsy.

Really?

The Bush Administration look at the intelligence information and saw it as a threat. Members of Congress looked at the intelligence data and saw it as a threat. The U.N. Security Council examined the intelligence and saw it as a threat. Then, Huessein refused to heed to UN resolutions.

With that being said, guess we should have listened to Sean Penn?

Its likely that the errors with the data came from the CIA and related intelligence sources. Not GWB inventing an elaborate lie.

My error is what - admitting that we shouldn't have gone to war? You may be correct. I don't want us there any more than you do.

Your implications and rants that portray Bush as a bumbling fool with his finger on the button are completely absent of objectivity and remind me of a junkyard dog lunging at a cut of prime rib.

Lighten up a little, huh?:)

And here you defend the evidence for war in one post, then say we shouldn't have gone in the next.

Starinvestor, if you're going to play White Knight to the Republican Party, and accuse others of not acknowledging the problems in their own party, and living in Glass houses......maybe you shouldn't spend the whole thread doing the same. This is almost every post of yours in the thread. Not one did you admit fault on any Republican's part, you just attacked Democrats.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Starinvestor, if you're going to play White Knight to the Republican Party, and accuse others of not acknowledging the problems in their own party, and living in Glass houses......maybe you shouldn't spend the whole thread doing the same. This is almost every post of yours in the thread. Not one did you admit fault on any Republican's part, you just attacked Democrats.[/quote]

If I make a post directly responding to one previous, you say I accuse and attack. If I make a comment or general opinion without source detail, I'm attacking a strawman or redirecting.

Please see Wikipedia for Palin's track record as Governor.

We messed up on Iraq. No doubt. That being said, I don't think we should leave now.

The rest of your questions are all over the place and a few taken out of context, but see below for why I'm am republican despite being pro choice

Because a smaller government is a better government. Welfare and public assistance breeds dependency - generation after generation. In some cases, it is necessary and will always be there. However, the system is being exploited in other areas, and these are areas that I don't support.

Lower taxes do promote economic health. When you increase taxes on companies they either pass it along to consumers in price increases or cut jobs or benefits or both. Higher taxes don't just magically appear in our economy with no implication to anybody.

In addition, the more funds businesses can keep without paying taxes, the more incentive there is to grow/expand/hire/keep employees happy with strong comp and benefits.
Check Britain, Canada on national healthcare. Average of 4 month wait for hospitalization - that's not something I want if a loved one needs serious medical attention. I would rather write a check and get the medical attention now.

I don't like war, but I believe its a necessity of the world in which we live. I'm disappointed that we are in Iraq, but we simply can't pull out right now - it would be disastrous. Iran would invade Iraq and a litany of problems would surface. Additionally, I have more confidence that a republican administration would protect our national security interests.

outtosea

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Most of the palin attacks are not true, The book banning issue, she is really smart to know about the books not written yet. We could use someone in Washington that could see into the future!
Biden comes from the Smallest state
Palin comes from the Biggest state
Alaska is a huge state as in Natural resorces, stratigic location, and the Deadliest catch.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Despite land mass & temperature, Biden & Palin come from areas that are very similar. They both come from states that have under a million people in population and have more than 70% Caucasions. Even so, Biden's state has more of a mix racially than Palin's. The nearest minority in Alaska to the Caucasions is Alaskan Native/Indian at 15%. Delaware has a 20% black population. So yeah... I guess being from the bigger state does mean something if you're just a size queen. :biggrin1:

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There are a lot of people that lose their jobs for far less. Palin does it for her reasons, others do it as it may be financially motivated. These level of people go thru employees and after so many years of service, simply vesting or nearing becoming vested with an employer is enough of a reason to terminate.

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Truth comes out: Palin's church was trying to ban, "Pastor, I am Gay" - AlaskaGayDiscussion | Google Groups

A bit more on the book banning issue. Looks like she would have liked to have (American Baptist minister) Howard Bess's book 'Pastor, I am Gay' removed, if she could have gotten an agreeable librarian.
It is a guide for pastoral counseling for ministers with GLBT congregants. Howard Bess I know, he has been a major SA here since the late 80's, he was asked to leave by his previous congregation in Anchorage because of his considerable involvement in our issues, he served a term as Co-chair of Identity Inc, our local GLBT nonprofit. He started his own church in Palmer (next to Wasilla), the local community have their potlucks there.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Despite land mass & temperature, Biden & Palin come from areas that are very similar. They both come from states that have under a million people in population and have more than 70% Caucasions. Even so, Biden's state has more of a mix racially than Palin's. The nearest minority in Alaska to the Caucasions is Alaskan Native/Indian at 15%. Delaware has a 20% black population. So yeah... I guess being from the bigger state does mean something if you're just a size queen. :biggrin1:
What % of Alaska is black? I'm guessing very little as most brown skinned peoples don't like cold weather.

Anybody else here look at wonkette.com?
I think that's where I saw Gov. Palin referred to today as "Caribou Barbie."
:rofl: Now that's funny! :lmao:

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What % of Alaska is black? I'm guessing very little as most brown skinned peoples don't like cold weather.

[/b]:rofl: Now that's funny! :lmao:

Offhand, 4% black, 5% hispanic, 17% Alaska native/American Indian. A lot of Philipino, Hmong, Russian, Korean, Samoan.

The students of the local (Anchorage) school district are 50% minority, @100 different languages, the city 40%. I even know some Kurdish Zoroastrians from Haleb (Aleppo) in Syria.

A lot of ex-military, who are disproportionately brown skinned. In some canneries, the employees are almost all Philipino. (Likewise the drag queens who perform at Mad Myrna's)

Edit: Anchorage School District, @50,000 students, Black 6%, Native 9%, Asian/Pacific Islander 12%, hispanic 10%, multi 13%, lacking ethnicity 50%.

Last edited:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Wasn't this thread about book baning? You're all deperate and clinging to a thread of hope. Keep making things up if that makes you feel better. What a sorry bunch. What difference does it make what the racial make up of Alaska is?

Since I'm the one that briefly mentioned it first, let me explain.
Earlier in the thread, ottosea posted this statement:

I thought this was a silly attempt to once again put Palin over Biden just because she governs over a bigger state than the opposition. SO, all I did was compare the two states to show how they were both very similar in stature despite their land size. And yes, I brought up the racial demographic of both to further illustrate the similarities of both states. That's it and nothing more. Nothing to get your panties all up in a bunch for, or to launch any kind of ridiculous attacks.

BTW, I got these findings about Alaska & Delaware from the actual American Census website. So no, I'm not making this up. :rolleyes:

Hope this clears the air. Now, back to your regularly scheduled Palin bashing already in progress.

D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

Experimental Member
Media
I'm not attacking you. This whole thread was based on a falsehood designed to bash Palin. Once that fell through that's where it should have ended. Instead of acknowledging it everyone has tried to morph it into something else. This behavior doesn't advance your cause (I'm talking to everyone here) It's belittleing and actually harms your credability. Supporters on both sides have done it and it has the oppisite affect for which it was intended.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not attacking you. This whole thread was based on a falsehood designed to bash Palin. Once that fell through that's where it should have ended. Instead of acknowledging it everyone has tried to morph it into something else. This behavior doesn't advance your cause (I'm talking to everyone here) It's belittleing and actually harms your credability. Supporters on both sides have done it and it has the oppisite affect for which it was intended.

No, its nto a falsehood. the list may be, but it sounds like to me Palin tried to lean on the librarian. And firing people as loyalty tests is a bit.... odd.