Mayweather Vs Hatton

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by stevejames, Dec 7, 2007.

1. stevejames

stevejames New Member

So is our Brit gonna kick his ass??

2. younghotfireman24

Albums:
    right as a boxer myself i no only one fing can beat a flash great boxer and that is pressure and no1 puts pressure on like our man the hitman hatton

3. stevejames

stevejames New Member

I think its very even, the longer it goes on the tougher itll be on Mayweathers fragile hands.

Mayweather has to do some damage early doors.

4. D_Frederick Fuzzynuts

hatton to win(hopefully) and kick mayweather's ass

5. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    The British people (Welsh, Scottish, and Irish included) are in my opinion the toughest motherfuckers on the planet! Lennox Lewis had a hell of a run as the heavyweight champ a while back... I was a bouncer for several years but I would NEVER want to be a bouncer in a pub in the UK!!!!

6. brislands

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm pulling for Hatton I'm American but I can't even stand Mayweather

7. younghotfireman24

Albums:
    i dnt mind the ynks coz dey have done alot for boxing but i wanna see the brits take controll and with hatton and calzaghe at the front of our invasion

mayweather is just unbelivably good so i am a bit nervous but hopfull hatton sheer agression will win

mayweather does have waek hands but with skills like that i dont think it is evan a factor in this fight his untested chin is more of a factor how manny big hitters have ever land a good shot on flyod

cum on hatton

8. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

To paraphrase Frank Drebin: All I know about boxing is, don't bet on the white guy.

9. Drifterwood

Gold Member

Hatton has a heart the size of Manchester. If Mayweather can take him down, he will join the greats.

I am a Brit, ex amateur light heavyweight, almost all of my boxing heroes are from the US.

10. dong20

Gold Member

I'm no expert but I didn't think kicking was allowed?

11. D_golden parachute

D_golden parachute New Member

Mayweather was class

Hatton turning around after the point deduction and "The Referee's a wanker!" made me laugh

12. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yeah, anyone who thought Hatton was going to win had fallen prey to the great white hype. Ever see that movie? One of my friends was frolicking around all week singing that hatton theme song. And I told him he had fallen prey. But he argued with me that him being white had nothing to do with it (hes lying) and that he truly believed hatton would win. Please, if he was from south america or mexico he wouldn't be singing shit. He, like others, have an EMOTIONAL attachment to Hatton, the great white hype (spearheaded by that HBO show), which blinds their ability to think clearly and analyze the match-up.

A PROVEN champion with a 7 INCH REACH advantage? Do you know how important 7 inches are in boxing? Can you imagine fucking with 7 more inches of cock then another man?!?! Hatton has 20 inch arms and hasn't beat anyone! T-Rex arms. He did a good job hanging in there though. Hes got heart, but you could clearly see the difference between a champion and a product of the great white hype. Mayweather is in phenomenal shape, he looked like he rope a doped hatton, then knocked him the fuck out!

13. D_golden parachute

D_golden parachute New Member

Are you seriously saying that anyone who though Hatton was going to win was Racist?

That is utter bullshit of the highest order

he had a lot of hype surrounding him in the UK, Hatton's PR is amazing, he's a nice guy, he's funny, people genuinely wanted him to win over Mayweather who is an arrogant twat. People who thought Hatton would win had no boxing knowledge but just heard he was good and like to back the underdog.

Hatton was fighting well until that 'back of the head' decision went against him

the ref was absolutely shocking for calling that, it went to Hatton's head and he fought with his heart.

14. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    I was seriously saying that anyone who THOUGHT he was going to win was ignoring the facts of the fight and going with the great white hype, which is a phenomena that is also exactly what you described (nice guy, underdog, against flashy "arrogant twat" ) I'm sorry, did I ever use the term racist? How many white boxers do you label arrogant twats though, just wondering...I probably should have though because there were an awful lot of white people hoping he would win. And you further confirm my claim that people had an EMOTIONAL bond to hatton and ignored the basic facts of the match-up. This is pointed more at my folks here in the US than over the pond, of course everyone there is going for hatton. I mean these folk TRULY BELIEVED hatton was going to destroy him. You needed to see the looks in these peoples eyes when they would try to convince me hatton was going to knock him out. But people here rooting for him over an American were almost all white, and were behaving like those found in the movie, "the great white hype".

The "back of the head" decision had absolutely nothing to do with him getting knocked the fuck out. It was the LEFT HOOK TO THE HEAD that took Hattons head and heart out. Not only did the ref stop the fight, but his corner threw in the towel at the same time. I truly hope you aren't gonna play that card, cause THAT would be 'utter bullshit of the highest order'.

Did you see the compubox stats of the fight? Mayweather doubled nearly all of hattons punch totals; jabs, power punches, and percentage landed. He landed 40 PERCENT of his punches to hattons 17 or something. Or are you one of those people who have no boxing knowledge and just root for the underdog and make up lame excuses as to why he was laid up on the canvas...

15. inside_man

inside_man Well-Known Member

Albums:
    i work in the sports business. i've been to countless boxing matches.
    anybody who saw the HBO series 24-7 saw 2 story lines which worked for a reality series.
    1 story line about the humble (white) british guy who loved his mum, and 1 story about the brash (black) guy who also loved his mom and willingly played to the rolling cameras.
    Mayweather happily cast himself as the villain just like he did with the De La Hoya-Mayweather 24-7 which is largely why public sentiment ran against him.
    He also resoundingly kicked Hatton's arse back to Manchester.
    Like most news stories in America-how it plays for the cameras, is the most important thing.
    Sex, race and other seasoning add the necessary spice needed to get the public talking.

16. hardcockcafe

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    i think floyd just tries to act like an asshole, so ppl will wanna buy more of his fights...everybody wants to see a big-mouth get beat, so it sells,i dont think he's really a bad person. but with that being said, i never met the man, so i wouldn't know

17. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    I agree. Love him or hate him it sells tickets. Create a persona and create revenue. I think he is a good dude. Look at the people that have been around him and his upbringing. This is what boxers do. Especially the shape the sport is in currently, its needs the hype. Let's not forget he has proven himself time and time again that he is the best boxer in the world right now, pound for pound. So a little confidence should be expected.

Draft saved Draft deleted