Mc Donald's fries and Cockroaches...

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
There are lots of foods you can leave lying around that aren't going to get moldy after 10 weeks. peanuts. raisins. skittles. some fruits if the skin is in-tact or if they are dried. beef jerky. broth-based soups. etc. Should we not eat any of those things either?

This is almost as dumb as those anti-smoking ads that point out that some of the chemicals in cigarettes are found in other things. Nitrogen is found in large quantities in the air we breathe, that doesn't mean I'm going to go shooting liquid nitrogen down my throat. Chlorine is one the chemical components of Sodium-Chloride, also known as table salt, but I'm not going to start sprinkling chlorine on my popcorn.

Both are similar because while they are attacking something that is legitimately bad, they are using dumb or misleading methods to attack those things.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There are lots of foods you can leave lying around that aren't going to get moldy after 10 weeks. peanuts. raisins. skittles. some fruits if the skin is in-tact or if they are dried. beef jerky. broth-based soups. etc. Should we not eat any of those things either?

This is almost as dumb as those anti-smoking ads that point out that some of the chemicals in cigarettes are found in other things. Nitrogen is found in large quantities in the air we breathe, that doesn't mean I'm going to go shooting liquid nitrogen down my throat. Chlorine is one the chemical components of Sodium-Chloride, also known as table salt, but I'm not going to start sprinkling chlorine on my popcorn.

Both are similar because while they are attacking something that is legitimately bad, they are using dumb or misleading methods to attack those things.

But you're not comparing potatoes to potatoes. If I buy potatoes from the supermarket, they will rot in my potato bin in less time than I've seen them go off in other people's fridge's. For that matter, they will go bad in the fridge in less time than Mc D's fries as well. The same is true of homemade mashed potatoes, or steak fries. I know we're dealing with a larger surface area, but still. There is something wrong with the fact that they don't spoil. They aren't dry like your examples.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
NIC, we're not talking apples and oranges here.

The point is that potatoes are normally 80-90% water. Even after cooking, they still retain a high percent of water.

DRIED foods are preserved because of (a) minimal amount of water and (b) a very high content of either sugar or salt, both of which are preservatives.

The fact that a food with a "supposedly" high water content could avoid natural decomposition (which after all, is all that happens in the controlled environment of digestion) is what is freaky about it.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The squishy center? oil that tends to dry out very quickly. Note McD's fries are much thinner than the fat steak fries they had in the other jar. I'm sure they are probably also fried much more thoroughly. The steak fries may even have been put in an oven.

Anyway.. fine... if it's really so completely unnatural... what sinister force do you guys want to propose is at work here? Are McDonald's fries really made out of polyester? Are they radioactive? what?

alex8.5

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I had MacDonalds once when I was in University, I then got sick. They have the grosses, unbearable food on the planet. The stench of it turns my stomach. And yet parents feed this shit to their kids, hell shit is probably healthier than Macdonalds.

dreamer20

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
...are the only things which will survive Armageddon. LOL

From the youtube comments:
kogt84 said:
The Mc Donalds fries are the only thing which he does not touch with his fingers

The Mc Donalds french fries are just like any other kind of thin potato chips or "crisps" as our UK members call them. A highly salted and very dry food. If I put potato chips or my Aunt Maggie's sugar cookies in the jar I wouldn't be surprised to find them looking just as fresh after 10 weeks.

ManiacalMadMan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I can not be surprised from this I recall in the 1978 or 1979 when McDonalds was found to have ground worms in their hamburger patties I did not go there again for 10 years.

I have a preferring for Burger King and Wendy's although McDonalds coffee is very good