McCain as Stupid as Bush

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Phil Ayesho, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

Fropm the pages of TIME magazine:

"Alan Greenspan says the country can't afford tax cuts of the magnitude proposed by Republican presidential contender John McCain — at least not without a corresponding reduction in government spending.

"Unless we cut spending, no," the former Federal Reserve chairman said Friday when asked about McCain's proposed tax cuts, pegged in some estimates at $3.3 trillion.

"I'm not in favor of financing tax cuts with borrowed money," Greenspan said during an interview with Bloomberg Television. "I always have tied tax cuts to spending."

McCain has said that he would offset his proposed cuts — including reducing the corporate tax rate and eliminating the Alternative Minimum Tax that has plagued middle-class families — by ending congressional pork-barrel spending, unnecessary government programs and overhauling entitlement programs such as Medicare and Social Security."

Let's cut the pension benefits that Americans PAID their whole working lives for...
    Let's cut the health plan of last report... because private sector health insurers are allowed to refuse coverage to the elderly...

Let's CUT corporate tax - which would means more Shareholders would take more dividends, RATHER than invest that money in growth.

And let's all pretend we can pony up a $700 billion bailout AND lower federal revenue...

ANYTHING BUT CUTTING THE SPENDING ON KILLING THE WRONG PEOPLE IN THE WRONG COUNTRY!

GOd but republicans are dumb... unable to lean form mistakes...

Lets BORROW MORE MONEY to fund a tax cut... duh.

What an old fool.

2. stratedude

Gold Member

Albums:
    I remember how many times you libs called Bush 'stupid' in 2004, and we all saw how well THAT worked. Keep it up.

3. Principessa

Gold Member

I don't know that McCain is as stupid as our current President but he is woefully out of touch with the majority of the American people. McCain is also a stereotypical warhawk which we do not need. :mad:

I can remember telling Dems and Repubs alike in 1999 that if Bush won, it would just be a continuation of his fathers presidency. Everyone laughed at me. Yet notice how doggedly he hunted down Saddam Hussein who had nothing to do with 9/11/01. He was avenging his father; plain and simple.

IMO McCain sees the war in Iraq as a way to slay his personal demons of Vietnam. It's as if he thinks because we didn't win that war; we must win this one. I don't know that it's possible to win any war anymore. From where I sit it's a lose/lose proposition. :frown1:

America is in crisis on so many levels right now. No matter who gets into office come November it will take more than 4 years to get anywhere even close to normal. Mc Cain isn't equipped to start us on the road to financial, educational or medical (healthcare) recovery. He's not invested, because he doesn't have to be.

4. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    You're correct. It didn't work. However I think the facts hence speak for themselves.

(btw. If you vote for and continue to support an apparently inept leader, what does that make YOU?)

5. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

really?
    I never was on this site in 2004...

So you republicans just keep on making up shit....

If you are SO staggeringly stupid... or SO unconscionably unpatriotic, you can't recognize the utter failure of conservative politics...

Then man... you have no idea how much you will suffer if McCain does win.

Is there no crime so vile... no incompetence so irresponsible ...that would get you to wake up and act in defense of the survival of your country?

Listen-- if a Democratic controlled government was fucking up this badly, I would be first on the impeach-the-fuckers bus.

This has nothing to do with Ideals, nothing to do with politics, nothing to do with US versus Them.

This is rampant corruption and usurpation of power set to the destruction of the entire Nation.

Jesus, man... I don't care if you don't care for liberals... but you HAVE to care for the upholding of the LAW!

This is not West Wing...

This is COPS.

What the fuck do you do when you catch a criminal red handed?

6. lucky8

Gold Member

Bush IS stupid. His plan for letting the Federal Reserve bail out just about EVERY institution that is failing is rediculous. All that is doing is telling these corporations and their managers "it's ok if you take huge risks with other people's money and lose it, at the expense of everyone else who doesn't own stock in your company, we'll make sure you come out okay." These companies were ALL ran by terrible businessmen, who were putting the risk all on the average citizen. That isn't how business works. The risk should fall mainly on the managers and the business itself, not people who are trying to buy a home.

I'm sorry, but if I wanted these companies to have my money, I would have invested in them. We are basically being FORCED into investing in these companies with OUR money, and guess what? We sure as fuck aren't going to be seeing any of their dividends if these bailouts succeed.

I really hate to say it, because I have been supporting the war in Iraq (for reasons other than just simply winning), but it is time to bring our troops home. If Bush wants to bail out these companies, Bush first needs to stop wasting money on a losing battle, and direct the funds that we would save towards this crisis. Can we please put someone in office who understands the banking system and the economy? It is clear to me that neither McCain nor Obama know what to do. Where's Romney?

7. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Lucky's first statement is similar to my original response, before I edited it.

I dunno. I guess I have too much respect for the office itself (if not for the person occupying it) to outright call a president an asshole (can't say I never have...just uncomfortable with it).

In retrospect however, It could be said that they (the Bush camp and the McCain camp) are just smart enough...smart enought to continue to play the assholes who run out and vote for them - play them like a country fiddle.

Imo, to have been so "played", and to get on here and actually BRAG about it????

Now THAT's stupid!

#7 b.c., Sep 21, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2008
  8. Trinity

Trinity New Member

hmmm....Obama has tax cuts himself and has recently gone on record as saying that he may NOT repeal the Bush Tax Cuts.

Obama's Tax Cuts + NOT cutting the Bush Tax cuts =

9. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

Trinity...

READ something other than the daily action items from GOP central.

We are soundly and truly FUCKED by 8 years of republican financial free for all.

We are gonna go into debt for $700 BILLION bucks to try and prop up an economy GUTTED by republican economic foolishness.

this is ON TOP OF the $500 billion we are in hoc for a stupid pointless war.

the economy has STOPPED... Americans all over this nation have lost their shirts.. people are NOT gonna be able to spend money as much and this 1.2 trillion dollar debt is gonna KEEP us from being able to spend much money for a long time.

If the government raises taxes now... then people will have less to spend and the economy will spiral down.

If the government does Not raise taxes then they will not have enough money to service this debt- and the economy will crash.

The ONLY way out, right now is for the Government to SLASH spending.

Republicans want to slash Social Security and medicaid... which would mean shiort changing the people of the US - especially the elderly. Essentially taking the money out of THEIR pockets..

Great guys... republicans... lets take the money we need out of the old retired folks pockets..

Of course... that will mean everyone will have to ship in for grandma's medical care or to help her make ends meet... which is less money to spend on other things... and the economy tanks...

But the republicans REFUSE to consider cutting the 80 billion dollars a year we are spending KILLING the WRONG people.

You act like Obama saying he might not be able to undo the Bush tax cuts is some kind of a flip flop... or makes him the same as McCain...

Don't be such a dork...
    The republicans have fucked us all so profoundly that our options are closing up rapidly.

Obama is smart enough to realize that Bush has painted us into a corner with no way out.

McCain is oblivious to the ramifications of this disaster.

It is no longer really an issue... we pull the troops out of Iraq fast... while we can still afford the plane tickets...
    we simply can not continue to BORROW the money we need to fight a pointless war.

Everyone was kinda thinking that , thank God Bush only has a few more months in office... what could he possibly fuck up in that time....

Well, folks... he is gonna be given dictatorial powers to 'address' the economic crisis with NO oversight...

He can actually END the economy of the United States....

And he and his conservative friends are just the ignorant arrogant jackasses to do it, too.

#9 Phil Ayesho, Sep 22, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  10. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

remember- the Constitution makes provision for the removal of a President who proves to be corrupt, ineffective, or dangerous.

And there is NO law saying a President can not be investigated and CHARGED for crimes committed in office.

You do not own any allegiance to the President. You owe it to the Constitution and the country.

It is the President who owes his allegiance to YOU.

If he fails... fire him.

If he commits a crime... PROSECUTE him.

If we started investigating politicians and incarcerating them in big enough numbers... don't you think that might result in a congress somewhat more in line with the law?

11. hot-rod

Gold Member

What grade are you in now?

12. atomicTIGER

atomicTIGER New Member

You are wrong McCain is actully much more stupider.

13. hot-rod

Gold Member

What grade are you in now????????????

14. hot-rod

Gold Member

What grade are you in now???????????????

15. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    You make an excellent point.

16. D_Davy_Downspout

D_Davy_Downspout Account Disabled

McCain graduated almost last in his class.

So he's either stupid or lazy, neither are good qualities.

17. petergroot

Gold Member

Albums:
    It is shocking to see the self-proclaimed "leaders" of the free world spout their drivel on the world's mass media. It is even more mind-boggling that the populace of the world's "superpower/world policeman" votes for these incompetent criminals. So who are the stupid ones? the politicians or the voters? One feels tempted to say the American public get what they deserve, but unfortunately the election has huge impacts around the world. Especialy if you happen to live in a place that has something Haliburton or one of Bush's owners want...
    As for McCain, or Palin, god help us( the rest of the world) if they get elected, and go rogue on the rest of us. Weapons of mass bullshit WILL be found where you live, dolt!
    Ps where is the free market principles now? buying up failing companies? Seems like the goverment wants to turn the good ol' Usa into the good ol' USSR, babe, piece by piece!

18. stratedude

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think its pointless and mostly counter productive to play the "Blame The Other Party" game. I can easily site as many reasons why this is a Democrats fault as you can say it is a Republican's fault. We just have to pay for it, and fix it so it doesn't happen again, and just hope and pray that it isn't so bad that another Great Depression is inevitable.

19. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Its curious how eager Republican apologists are now to share blame.

20. D_Davy_Downspout

D_Davy_Downspout Account Disabled

"If you don't want to play the 'blame game', odds are you're the one to blame"

Deregulation, spearheaded by Phil Gramm, and cheap money, provided by Alan Greenspan are major factors in this.

Draft saved Draft deleted