McCain does not know how many houses he owns.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
You are right. The they had a prenup at marriage. Her company, her money and her property is hers and he has nothing to do with it and I doubt if he really cares how much she makes and how much she owns. His fortune is his and she has nothing to do with it. But I really do think he should have known how many houses she owns. I would think after many years of marriage the topic would have come up.

Not if he is the typical egomaniac politician. He'll be discussing His day, and what He did, and how He did this and that.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
To me it was a question that McCain can't win for answering. He does what he did, and he's "out of touch". He was going to be "out of touch" anyway, even if he nailed the answer with 8 houses. Because in the end it would've been, "you have 8 houses and people are losing their homes thru record setting foreclosures statistics ?".

McCain simply didn't have any answer for doing as well as he and predominantly his wife are doing in 2008. His wife was fabulously wealthy long before George W. Bush took office in 2001 ? How can McCain be out of touch, you don't forget going to Vietnam any more than the poorest citizen signing on for military service and being sent to Iraq, whether it was 1990 or be anytime from 2002-today ?

And actually, in McCain's case, he makes $ 400K/year, his wife makes $ 6 million, so he says $ 5 million is rich. Well, ask someone that's poor, making $ 20K/year if $ 100K-200K/year is rich and you get the same answer. Scaled out 5X-10X more income is rich.

If "out of touch" sticks to McCain, it applies equally to Obama:

Obama and his wife, Michelle, reported making $4.2 million in 2007.

The Republican National Committee responded with a Web site highlighting Obama's ties to Chicago businessman Antoin "Tony" Rezko, a friend and contributor who was convicted in June on more than a dozen felonies in a corruption scandal.

Obama and his wife bought their home in Chicago in 2005 for $1.6 million after getting advice and some assistance from Rezko. The corruption case had no connection to Obama, and Obama has said it was a mistake to work with Rezko on buying the house. McCain's campaign also released a new television ad highlighting the Obama-Rezko connection.
"Does a guy who made more than $4 million last year, just got back from vacation on a private beach in Hawaii and bought his own million-dollar mansion with the help of a convicted felon really want to get into a debate about houses?"

D_Davy_Downspout

Account Disabled
Media
At no time did I say the Republicans were innocent of wrong doing. I am greatly alarmed at the recent relaxing of restrictions on wiretapping. It concerns me that the so called liberal free congress just gave even more approval to the practice. Your statements are "well they did this so we aren't as bad" type of nonsense. That is playground reasoning.
I said nothing of the sort. Stop arguing against positions that only happen in your own head. Hell I even described the Democrats as bad, just not visibly as much as the Republican's recently.

McCain is more liberal than conservative. He is trying to reach independent voters because we make up the single largest voting block. Personally, I'm so sick of the bs from both sides. I still wish H. Ross Perot had won in 1992.
Your assertion is demonstrably false. He votes with bush, a strict-neoconservative, 95% of the time. You're confusing him with the McCain of 15 years ago, who was still conservative, but progressive on some good issues. Perot was a great man, and would have been a decent president.

The point is it's her wealth not his. Not all those houses are his. Why can't people in here get it into their head that it's not community property? She owns not they own. Also, if it was Al Gore running you wouldn't be taking an elitist view point of him. Gore comes from old money with many mansions.
The point, which you have missed again, is that he lives a privileged life, and always has, he's married to a woman so rich that he can't even remember how many properties she owns, he's even on record saying that a person making a million a year is "middle class". and he's calling Obama the "elitist" candidate. And saying that he identifies with the common man. That's incredibly hypocritical bullshit. To make it as clear as possible to you, so that you may *finally* get my point. I do not care if the houses are technically hers. I do not care if Gore, like most of the idiots in Washington, comes from old money.

McCain may or may not have a large political benefit from her money. You are making an assumption you cannot prove.
She used her personal jet to fly him to campaign events whe his campaign was near broke. That's evidence right there. I'm sure I could probably find more.

D_Davy_Downspout

Account Disabled
Media
If "out of touch" sticks to McCain, it applies equally to Obama:

Obama and his wife, Michelle, reported making $4.2 million in 2007.

The Republican National Committee responded with a Web site highlighting Obama's ties to Chicago businessman Antoin "Tony" Rezko, a friend and contributor who was convicted in June on more than a dozen felonies in a corruption scandal.

Obama and his wife bought their home in Chicago in 2005 for $1.6 million after getting advice and some assistance from Rezko. The corruption case had no connection to Obama, and Obama has said it was a mistake to work with Rezko on buying the house. McCain's campaign also released a new television ad highlighting the Obama-Rezko connection.
"Does a guy who made more than $4 million last year, just got back from vacation on a private beach in Hawaii and bought his own million-dollar mansion with the help of a convicted felon really want to get into a debate about houses?"

As I've previously pointed out, Obama's wealth is fairly recent. He came from a fairly lower to middle class single parent household, and got into Harvard on merit. Also, I live by the beach in LA. Not a house in 10 blocks of me is under a million, and I am by no means wealthy. Obama lives in a suburb of Chicago, I imagine his house nice, while nice, isn't a mansion. Also consider this when you read the quote. There are no private beaches in Hawaii.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Does McCain know who his wife is?

I guess not. How many wives and how many homes you have is pretty basic in my book.

The only reason I think this is worth harping about is because the USA has paid quite a price for having an idiot for president for 8 very long years. Now is not the time for a repeat of that.

Gosh, ledroit ... you really find the avid conversation partners.
U go, grrrl.:cool:
(Nice to see you ... long time no see.)

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
sinwin, your replies border on jealousy of wealth. Obama hasn't been a regular joe in years either. None of them have a clue as to what it's like to be an average peep. The biggest problem is they are so out of touch they can't even grasp what they are doing when they vote funding. They all need to stop promising the working man that the country is going to become what it was before NAFTA. Obama's promise of domestic spending to generate jobs is not going to change things. All it is going to do is add to the national debt. If people in this country don't buy what's made here, the jobs will continue to evaporate.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The rightness or wrongness of owning multiple homes aside, this is another example of the McCain campaign being caught flat footed by unscripted questions from the press. McCain's campaign handlers should better prep him how to answer or deflect questions like that. McCain seems out of his depth without a rehearsed script or a teleprompter.

D_Davy_Downspout

Account Disabled
Media
sinwin, your replies border on jealousy of wealth. Obama hasn't been a regular joe in years either. None of them have a clue as to what it's like to be an average peep. The biggest problem is they are so out of touch they can't even grasp what they are doing when they vote funding. They all need to stop promising the working man that the country is going to become what it was before NAFTA. Obama's promise of domestic spending to generate jobs is not going to change things. All it is going to do is add to the national debt. If people in this country don't buy what's made here, the jobs will continue to evaporate.

I'm going to bold this because you are really, really not getting my point. MY POINT IS THAT IT IS SILLY TO CALL SOME ELITIST WHEN YOU YOURSELF ARE RICHER AND MORE PRIVELEGED THAN THEM. IT IS LIKE A GUY IN A WHEELCHAIR CALLING SOMEONE CRIPPLED. I'VE ALREADY SAID THAT OBAMA IS WEALTHY TOO, AND THAT IS IRRELEVANT TO THE ARGUMENT Even if he is elitist, it's still retarded for McCain to make that accusation as a negative.

The rest of your post is speculation, so I really can't prove or disprove something that hasn't happened yet. I could point out that McCain's policy of cutting taxes across the board and continuing the war are probably worse for the debt that anything Obama can come up with, but who knows.

Pokey4fun

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Its like asking the CEO of CBRE how many store fronts he has open. At a certain point you hire people to keep track of things.

Now if he seemed surprised by the fact his wife HAD any houses I would be more worried.

biz4two

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
The point is it's her wealth not his. Not all those houses are his. Why can't people in here get it into their head that it's not community property? She owns not they own. Also, if it was Al Gore running you wouldn't be taking an elitist view point of him. Gore comes from old money with many mansions.

Actually...my friend...you are missing the point. McCain could not answer the question...period. They did not ask him how many house's do you own McCain...and how many house's your wife owns. They asked a simple question of how many houses "He" "himself" owned. So...if his wife owns 5 or 7 or 9 houses...that is irrelevant to the question. It was asked how many Senator McCain owned. So...if "He" owns 2 or 4 houses...then he should know that.

Once again...my friend..."He" could not answer how many houses "He" owns. Forget about his wife...and the "community property" nonsense.

He is out of touch with himself...never mind the American poor and middle class. After all...this is a man who voted against Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. day. This is a man who is a border state with Mexico, but yet has one of the highest illegal crossings to the USA. This is a man...Out of touch. Which is a direct result of being a Senator for 26+ years.

biz
:wink:

Last edited:

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
Actually...my friend...you are missing the point. McCain could not answer the question...period. They did not ask him how many house's do you own McCain...and how many house's your wife owns. They asked a simple question of how many houses "He" "himself" owned. So...if his wife owns 5 or 7 or 9 houses...that is irrelevant to the question. It was asked how many Senator McCain owned. So...if "He" owns 2 or 4 houses...then he should know that.

Once again...my friend..."He" could not answer how many houses "He" owns. Forget about his wife...and the "community property" nonsense.

He is out of touch with himself...never mind the American poor and middle class. After all...this is a man who voted against Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. day. This is a man who is a border state with Mexico, but yet has one of the highest illegal crossings to the USA. This is a man...Out of touch. Which is a direct result of being a Senator for 26+ years.

biz
:wink:

Your "He" is purely silly. You know you are taking it out of the context in which it was meant.
I am not only for stopping illegal immigration but for sending them back. I live in Texas, and see the effects of it every day. Of course this is contrary to what the Democratic leadership in the United States wants. They want them legalized to buy their votes. Don't try and put that one just on McCain.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
MY POINT IS THAT IT IS SILLY TO CALL SOME ELITIST WHEN YOU YOURSELF ARE RICHER AND MORE PRIVELEGED THAN THEM.

Its logically silly, and hypocritical, as you point out, but its a campaign tactic conservatives have successfully exploited for decades: Dismiss as elitist anyone or anything that doesn't translate easily into soundbyte mentality.

D_Davy_Downspout

Account Disabled
Media
Your "He" is purely silly. You know you are taking it out of the context in which it was meant.
I am not only for stopping illegal immigration but for sending them back. I live in Texas, and see the effects of it every day. Of course this is contrary to what the Democratic leadership in the United States wants. They want them legalized to buy their votes. Don't try and put that one just on McCain.

Explain how he's taking it out of context, please. And what the Democrats want is irrelevant to the argument. Even if you're trying to imply that Obama votes with them. He co-sponsored an immigration bill with McCain. Trying to use that to prove McCain is a better candidate is ill-advised at best.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
Explain how he's taking it out of context, please. And what the Democrats want is irrelevant to the argument. Even if you're trying to imply that Obama votes with them. He co-sponsored an immigration bill with McCain. Trying to use that to prove McCain is a better candidate is ill-advised at best.

sinwin you aren't proving that Obama is any better than McCain. All you are doing is stressing McCain stumbled on a question he wasn't expecting. I cannot help but wonder how much jealousy you have of people with money, and how much you really wish you were one of them. I pity you for your jealousy.

Bye nice folks, and suckers. I'm gone back to helping hurting people get their lives back together.

D_Davy_Downspout

Account Disabled
Media
sinwin you aren't proving that Obama is any better than McCain. All you are doing is stressing McCain stumbled on a question he wasn't expecting. I cannot help but wonder how much jealousy you have of people with money, and how much you really wish you were one of them. I pity you for your jealousy.

Wow you finally got my point. Good work. Though conceding a point after someone has clubbed you with it for 3 posts doesn't mean you have to make up motivations for me and then pity me for them. But whatever floats your boat.

Bye nice folks, and suckers. I'm gone back to helping hurting people get their lives back together.

I wish you luck, just try not to be as patronizing to them.

Penis Aficionado

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Obama may be rich, but at least he bought his mansion in Chicago, near the neighborhood where he worked as an organizer. In doing so he probably raised the property values for many of his middle-class neighbors.

That's a far different kind of "rich" than the McCains, who just invested in a lot of beachfront property. Or for that matter the Clintons, who live in the only all-white enclave in Westchester County.

hot-rod

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
He should have answered how may he has. He may not know that either.
McBush is just a little creep of a man and he and 'Miss Barbie McBimbo' make each other look so silly.