McCain Ducks Debate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by b.c., Sep 24, 2008.

1. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Obama rejects McCain's call to delay debate - Yahoo! News

McCain (of the Palin/McCain Republican ticket) has apparently decided that he needs to devote his time to "deal with the nation's financial problems".

"Even as McCain said he was putting the good of the country ahead of politics, his surprise announcement was clearly political. It was an attempt to try to out-maneuver Obama on an issue he's trailing on, the economy, as the Democrat gains in polls. He swiftly went before TV cameras minutes after speaking with Obama and before the two campaigns had hammered out a joint statement expressing that Congress act urgently on the bailout." AP

("Silly wabbit. Twicks are for kids.")

2. Notaguru2

Gold Member

It's apparent McCain doesn't want to be President. This is the beginning of the end for his campaign. There are 40 days left until someone is chosen to deal with this mess. This attempt by McCain shows that he is more comfortable as a Senator.

3. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    he should just "drop out" of the race if he can't find 2 hours to debate in front of the American people.........he's pulling a self-serving, shameless STUNT!

4. B_Monster

B_Monster New Member

I agree Indy and whats up with Palin not talking. Does she have something to hide? I think so.

5. stratedude

Gold Member

Albums:
    There is definitely more than one way to spin this development. I think that Obama did well in responding to McCain's leadership on the issue McCain's display (once again) of putting the wellbeing of those he is leading before his own.

But the problem is that most experts are saying that this is the biggest crisis America has faced since being attacked at Pearl Harbor. Obama is clearly either not putting things into perspective, or he really is willing to risk it all for his personal power. Time will tell...

6. Notaguru2

Gold Member

Ok, I read further and McCain is saying he is going to "suspend" his campaign Thursday. What does that mean exactly? Is he quitting or what? The election is in 40 days. Or does he think he has a precedent to move the election day????? (thats coming next)

Guys, we're seeing it right now... the complete implosion of the Palin ticket.

7. Notaguru2

Gold Member

Dude.. right now is when these 2 guys need to be in front of America debating! I guess I am just stunned.. Ive never seen anything like this. McCain isn't even strong on the economy (by admission)! What does he have to offer? Stop running from Obama and debate.

8. Principessa

Gold Member

When I heard he was postponing the debate and putting his campaign on hold; I thought I was dreaming. This is a loser move! what exactly does McCain plan on doing? Is he gonna use wife Cindy Lou's money to help bail out Wall Street? :confused: Didn't think so. :rolleyes: Will his military experiences help him in this instance. No. What good does putting off the debate do?
    Yeah, she knows nothing about how to deal with this fiscal emergency. :rolleyes::tongue: For all we know she is back in Alaska organizing a massive bake sale.

9. Industrialsize

Albums:
    Actually I think he WAS thinking of himself in that he knows if he doesn't do well in the debate, The Fat Lady has sung.

10. Industrialsize

Albums:
    WAIT McCain is already changing his mind(methinks after he saw the uproar his withdrawl caused):

Now McCain is saying (via Cameron/Fox) that he will only be suspending his ads. That's a whole different thing. He is also saying that if the crisis is concluded (?) before Friday, he would attend the debate. Canceling the debate would be a very expensive move. I don't know how they could keep the debate provisionally scheduled with just two days to go.

11. Industrialsize

Albums:
    I still wonder what EXACTLY did Governor Palin and the President of Afghanistan, Hamid Karzai, talk about for an HOUR!

12. stratedude

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well I really hope that all these financial and wall street experts are wrong. Otherwise I guess we will be electing the guy that is to spend his entire time presiding over The Great Depression II. Because I am assuming now that without the kind of committment to a solution that McCain is offering, we will not get a resolution in time to save the economy.

13. B_RoysToy

B_RoysToy New Member

A bit difficult for a senile mind to decide some of these grueling questions.

14. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Somehow i think they'll manage without him. :rolleyes:

15. Notaguru2

Gold Member

Well, last week.. McCain said the fundamentals of our economy were strong. Now, he thinks we're in an economic pearl harbor. Take him out of the oven; he's cooked.

16. lucky8

Gold Member

I'm sorry, but I fail to see McCain's committment to this crisis. If he has a solution, I want to hear him talk about. "Forming an oversight agency" isn't enough for me. I need details. I am fully capable of understanding his plan, if he actually has one. Same goes for Obama, what is your plan Obama? These 2 people are a fucking joke, both of them. Neither should be allowed to be in charge of the most powerful nation EVER. If you want to be a leader, grow some fucking balls, and tell us what you would do, this goes for both candidates.

This proves to me that both parties are full of incompitent pussies. McCain is afraid of speaking unless he is in a room full of his supporters, and Obama is afraid to attack the RNC for this hault on campaigning. If Obama was the one delaying a debate, you better believe the RNC would be ALL over it. Show some balls DNC, it's attack time. Treating people how you want them to treat you will get you nowhere. To get ahead, you need to start treating people how they treat you.

Country first my ass. Now is the one time in history where the American people need to put themselves before their country, before they end up losing everything. Tough times=look out for yourself and only yourself; Good times = look out for your country and fellow citizens. It's not "good times" anymore. I'm really getting tired of my country-men nominating mindless twits to the most important election in the world. Over it

17. Notaguru2

Gold Member

MSNBC TV is reporting that the debate commission has said, "No deal. The debate will go on as scheduled." The question is, will McCain be a no-show?

18. B_New End

B_New End New Member

Yes, spin indeed.

"leadership"

if Obama "follows"

"putting campaign first"

if Obama refuses.

This is a political stunt. Another hail mary pass, since the Palin pigskin was dropped by the American people once they figured out it was a weak pass slathered in lipstick.

19. sargon20

Gold Member

Of course she's got something to hide... her dimwittedness. She's in McCane's protective custody. She will never hold a news conference. She's there on the ticket simply to get the right-to-lifers and soccer moms who think they could run the country with 5 kids. She's a bridge to no where.

That infomercial she gave to Sean Hannity was about as kid gloves as you can get.

Sarah Palin in New York: Tightly under wraps, meets with two foreign leaders

#19 sargon20, Sep 24, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  20. ripsrips

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    This economy MESS is bigger than both McCain And Obama...Remember they are senators first until the election. They need to be in Washington to help fix this.

Draft saved Draft deleted