McCain - "got no game"

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Unless you live in a vacuum (or like most lpsg members, were getting a bj), did you see that Obama speech last night? No one... let me say this again, NO ONE can energize a group like Obama. McCain were you watching?

Then I turned on the McCain speech this morning.... the same tired, old conversation. You could hear a pin drop. Hell, I almost fell asleep.

How does McCain intend to compete with the Obamania? They said it would die out, but it hasn't even begun to fade.

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
funny you mention that. he is a very inspirational speaker. for a minute i thought i was watching magic johnson a 1987 LA lakers fastbreak , the way the crowd was reacting. definately was a special night last night. i got goosebumps. he's definately got a gift. i saw mccain's speech last night too. boring. when you look into his eyes it's like he doesnt have a soul

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Did you notice that Obama gave his speech in the same venue that the GOP is having their convention at this year? Obama is going after McCain. McCain will not be dictating the conversation.

I saw an unofficial/non-scientific poll from CNN (I believe)... they wanted Internet users to vote for McCain's VP choice. JEB BUSH is in first place so far! LMAO. My God, what a gift if McCain is that stupid to take Jeb; they won't win a single State.

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
eh i dont wanna demonize him. it's just that everytime i watch one of his speeches it seems like an assortment of "aum...i....i..seee....aum..foriegn policy..........i dont understand the economy and need to be educated on it............im voting against the GI bill ...that sme GI bill that put me thruogh school.......aum...........i.......aum..yes its true....i havent smiled since 1973 and my wife looks like the crypt keeper "

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
McCain was just appalling. He sounded like a hearse driver.
Obama, on the other hand, was crisp, thrilling, enlivening. He pulled you right into his space.
I wonder if McCain is just starting to really age ... as though he just ain't gonna do as well, as the years pass by, as his mother Roberta has done.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Presentation and delivery aside, the thing that really struck me about McCain's speech was his lack of an affirmative delivery. Ostensibly, that speech was intended to be his official opening salvo of the interparty contest for the White House...yet the only quasi-clear message I got from him was that he wasn't GWB, and he wasn't Barack Obama. There was no sense of who John McCain is.

Anyone with L/D experience will tell you that's not a good sign. The advantage of going first works for the affirmative because he's allowed to shape and scope the nature of the debate. McCain completely failed to do that, spending all his time counter-punching two strawmen of his own construction.

And co-opting Barack Obama's campaign meme of change we can believe in? In addition to just signaling a pathetic dearth of creativity in his own campaign staff, it's another indication that he's running against Obama, while lacking any real identity of his own.

ManTubeula

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Unless you live in a vacuum (or like most lpsg members, were getting a bj), did you see that Obama speech last night? No one... let me say this again, NO ONE can energize a group like Obama. McCain were you watching?

Then I turned on the McCain speech this morning.... the same tired, old conversation. You could hear a pin drop. Hell, I almost fell asleep.

How does McCain intend to compete with the Obamania? They said it would die out, but it hasn't even begun to fade.

He (McCain) Doesn't Need To Compete With Obama Necessarily, He's Already Got His Built In Audience...Prepped And Just Waiting To Do What They're Bred To Do...Organize And Vote...And Unfortunately For The Party Of The Donkey Organization And Unification Has Never Been One Of Our Strong Points... as seen over the course of this ridiculous campaign battle...And No Energizing Speech Will Change That...at least not soon enough for a "change"...

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
did you see that Obama speech last night? No one... let me say this again, NO ONE can energize a group like Obama.

Apparently you haven't watched an NSYNC concert. :biggrin1:
But I digress... It was impressive to say the least. Almost a bit frightening at some points. The last time I was in a group that large with that kind of energy, half of the crowd was on drugs and dancing to techno.

Last edited:

blkmwbp

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
obama will win the presidency because a few years ago me and my friends went to the white house for bushs speech about black history and obama was there...we told him that he will be president one day and that wa in 2005...it is coming true ;)...yall have youth n praise to thank lol

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
McCain has had no challenge in his party's nomination, he walked away with it early. On the other hand, you have Democrats that edged each other out, the loser looking to parlay her loss into a spot on the ticket as the VP. Yet during the race she painted her potential new boss as unfit, not ready. Yeah that'll work ?

How long does anyone think Cheney would've kept his VP had he made such statements about "W" in 2000 or even during the administrations ? These two Democrats present a formidable opponent as a duo, they can pull their race and gender cards out over the next 5 months every time they debate McCain, and McCain will be like Edwards on stage ? So what does that indicate ? Possibly it polarizes America even more into a divide on race and gender ?

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
You know, people debating Obama vs. Clinton made it about race and gender far more often than either of them ever did. They're both too professional (yes, even Cybil Clinton) to explicitly make it an issue beyond appeal to their groups simply by association.