McCain + Palin (Fey) Final SNL skit

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bobabooey69, Nov 2, 2008.

1. bobabooey69

Gold Member

Albums:
  2. Garth33

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    agree - before he was told to scream "PALLING AROUND WITH TERRORISTS" by Traitor Rove and the other idiot NEO-cons...sad...McCain would have been a good centrist President but he got pushed by the right into being a clown for their cause. That's no way for a decent man to end his long political career.

3. Notaguru2

Gold Member

Agreed. After this election cycle, I believe I know less about McCain than I did going in. The lessons learned in this year election are as follows:

1. You can't reinvent yourself more than 20 times on the campaign trail. The people will forget who you are and what you stand for.

2. The GOP better learn how to raise money; their exsitence depends on it.

3. Other than people that are going to vote for you anyway, "red meat" zingers don't have an impact on American voters.

4. Obama is about as close to Ayers/terrorism as the GOP pro-life are to people that bomb abortion clincs (also domestic terrorists) and voters understood that.

5. Americans picked up an old saying; one that Bush tried to use on occassion but never quite made it out right.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

Americans felt the shame of being fooled twice and they have rewarded McCain for that effort.

4. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

The commemorative plate joke was really funny. :biggrin:

5. D_Carroll Condomripper

I ordered the McCain Gold Jewelry line....but only because Cindy was the show-girl.

Did anyone else think John was channeling Price is Right Bob Barker?

6. Garth33

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    no but now that you mention it - I DID SPAY AND NEUTER ALL MY PETS! (weird!)

What happened to your gallery Mcsizzle? Used to be one of the best of this board?

7. D_Carroll Condomripper

I haven't changed anything.

8. bobabooey69

Gold Member

Albums:
    Here is some backstage footage:

Saturday Night Live - Backstage: Sen. John and Cindy McCain - Video - NBC.com

Amazing how Cindy McCain seems like a stepford wife.
    But seriously, I had never heard of John McCain until I happened to see him hosting SNL back in 2002, and he seemed like a great guy. A shame what the
    GOP machine did to this guy, but I guess in all fairness he could have stood up for himself better.

9. JustAsking

Gold Member

"Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by.
    If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."

~ Marcus Aurelius
    bobabooey,
    I think there is another possibility, which is that if there are gods and they are just, then they will welcome you no matter what virtues you have lived by. They will do this because they already understand the human condition.

10. D_Tintagel_Demondong

"I'm a true maverick: a Republican without money."

That would be funny if it were true.

11. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    I thought he was funny and a good sport.

12. JustAsking

Gold Member

I thought he was funny and a good sport. The routine with him and Tina Fey was great. But I am still not sure what he was trying to accomplish.

It seems to me that it was a kind of knock against his running mate. They didn't denigrate Sarah Palin in this routine, but they did allude to her excessive folksiness and her political ambition.

Then stuff on Weekend Update was self-deprecating but too close to home. The Double Maverick stuff was funny, yes, but I am not sure it was not at his expense.

Anyway, 3 days before an election is a risky time for a candidate to be messing around with comedy routines like that.

13. Jovial

Gold Member

Albums:
    It was risky to go on SNL this close to the election, but I guess they felt like they were behind in the polls so they needed to take that risk.

14. D_Tintagel_Demondong

That was my immediate reaction also. It seems like the GOP craves new blood... but not her. They seemed to be throwing her under the bus. It's just as well, federal politics obviously isn't her thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted